What's new

Lca Tejas SP1 - SP10 in pictures

@Storm Force is saying that current production is 8 jets per year, and you are saying by 2020 that will be 24+ jets per year. did IAF and IN really accept tejas as their fighter or they are applying wait and see or might they crash another su-30 to keep pressure on govt. to allow them to buy more foreign jets..

and by the way what is RM?

Government is already moving ahead to buy 110 new jets... EF and Rafale are already shortlisted the entire procedure is just a hogwash...

About Tejas, They have already passed the 8 jet per year mark... IAF is already operating the jets and Navy has started the testing of naval version of Tejas... Navy basically testing the SYSTEMS and TRYING TO GAIN AS MUCH DATA as they could for new jet which is termed as Tejas Mk2 as of now... Navy wont buy Mk1 or 1A due to short combat radius...

If their is no regime change in 2019 or the current policy and plan is kept in place, private sector players will be making 75%+ components (of the indigenous components) of Tejas by the end of 2019 and HAL would assemble them to speed up the production... They are aiming to start serial production of Mk2 by 2022/23...

@Storm Force hi bro, following links are just FYI...

http://zeenews.india.com/india/lca-...rs-being-manufactured-every-year-2128901.html
> The minister also added that to ensure that the production rate of LCA Tejas is increased, major private partners are being involved who will undertake the construction of major modules while HAL will take on the role of lead integrator. The second line for structural and equipping activities at Aircraft Division, HAL will be established and the number of jigs for Front fuselage, Centre fuselage, Rear fuselage and Wings will also be increased.

http://www.defenseworld.net/news/22...ejas_Jet_Fighter_Production_Rate#.W5eezFUzZ0w
> India’s state-run Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) is producing around eight Tejas, a single engine multi-role aircraft, annually and the defence ministry wants it to increase the number to 18 planes per year

> The HAL is investing Rs 1,300 crore (USD 199 million) to augment the existing infrastructure so that production of Tejas can be increased to 24 aircraft per year by 2021

Trust me, I'm not jealous of India and LCA. I pity India. It's a failed project that goes into production that should be axed ASAP. Even as of now, the right decision to do is to cancel it. Why? Because India is buying it only out of pride. India is too prideful to accept failure.

I really want to thank you for your concern... but problem with India is that we don't know a fool who can invest in our failed project and we can concentrate on other projects... So, instead of flushing the entire R&D cost in drain... we have taken the right decision by capping the number of jets to 40+83 as it is always better to fly a Tejas instead of a flying coffin i.e., MiG-21... and now we are focused to IMPLEMENT THE LEARNING from Tejas to develop a new jet...

Plus, Tejas has helped us to create a SMALL INDUSTRIAL BASE in AEROSPACE SECTOR to capitalize...

Our problem is that neither we believe in nor we want to CHEAT AND STEAL...

Government is already moving ahead to buy 110 new jets... EF and Rafale are already shortlisted the entire procedure is just a hogwash...
110 jets will be single engine or dual engine?

and having both EFT and Rafale wouldn't create economic hurdle for IAF to maintain other jets as both jets are most expensive jets of world in 4th gen.

Says a Pakistani who has to send their "home grown" fighter JF-17 to china even for something as basic as overhauling. :rofl:
do you what is the meaning of JF (JOINT FIGHTER) only some fan boys Pakistani kids thinks that, every sane member on PDF knows/admits that JF-17 is not our indigenous product. and overhauling of JF-17 is not problem for pakistan, we are doing at home just like we are doing for Mirage-3/5 and J-7 @Roybot :angel:

and having both EFT and Rafale wouldn't create economic hurdle for IAF to maintain other jets as both jets are most expensive jets of world in 4th gen.

We are not going to buy a single engine jet... HAL Tejas will take care of that... Mk1 is operational in IAF, Mk1A will be their... plus, completely new jet based on Tejas' design, currently called Mk2... incorporating the technology received from Europe or US along with jet deal...

110 jets will be single engine or dual engine?

Try to join dots...

UPA 2 out of power... Modi became PM... price renegotiation started... French thought that they are dealing with corrupt UPA but were shocked to see India pushing for lesser price... EF consortium smells the opportunity... they decided to iron out the shortcomings of last bid and offered decreased price and LONG TERM maintenance cost, TOT (nature unknown)... Back channel negotiators asks for few NUKE CAPABLE EFs too... red flag by two consortium countries... India bought 36 Rafale with INDIA SPECIFIC ENHANCEMENTS AND WEAPON PACKAGE...

Point given for just 36 jets... we don't have money nor need of 126 jets... Deal Signed...

IAF says they URGENTLY need 100+ jets and it is A CRITICAL requirement... NEW TENDER floated... EF and Rafale are almost ready with new bids clearing the ambiguity on TOT from last deal...
Now, Rahul meets a leading defense manufacturer in USA... deal struck... He start questioning the Rafale deal knowing that government cannot disclose the details as it is not in NATIONAL INTEREST... still acted like political HITMAN...
NEW procurement process slowed down...

NOW, everything (in case of 110 jets and further development of Tejas) depends upon 2019 elections... If congress makes the goverment, it will be F-18 or F-16 (very minuscule chance)... IF BJP wins, EF or Rafale, whichever provide best deal and TOT... F-18 won't win untill we receive some 5th gen tech along with it...

And this is based on my discussion with a Tea Vendor :disagree: near raksha mantralaya...

Just in case if you want some links... to cross check the STORY...

https://www.thehindu.com/news/natio...36-rafales-no-need-for-126/article7268264.ece

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...crore-in-rafale-deal/articleshow/61760997.cms

https://economictimes.indiatimes.co...er-looks-to-swoop-in/articleshow/46545976.cms

Last edited:
Trust me, I'm not jealous of India and LCA. I pity India. It's a failed project that goes into production that should be axed ASAP. Even as of now, the right decision to do is to cancel it. Why? Because India is buying it only out of pride. India is too prideful to accept failure.

I never said jealous.
Noooooo, you lot aren't jealous, you are threatened.
Threatened, coz it would not be good if your next door neighbour with whom you don't have the best of relations ends up developing a successful aerospace-industrial complex.
And Tejas which is rapidly getting better(AESA tests, new BVRs, etc)will be the benchmark for all the other fighters to come.
dxVSaSd.jpg

Almost every fighter aircraft in the world wasn't next gen from the get go and Tejas is no exception.
F-16 was basically a shell of what it is now, when it was inducted initially.
Hence, just coz some random person on the internet says Tejas is a failed project, doesn't make it so.

As for pride, man I wish our bureaucrats had the pride you so talk about, and used only Indian made products, sadly it isn't so.
Look at any of our 3 branches of the military, it is full of foreign weapons and support systems.
Fortunately for us, albeit slowly it is changing.

Last edited:
In another word, LCA is a failed plane. But the project is successful. Like Indian optimism.:enjoy:

Building a jet from scratch is harder than rocket science. The knowledge and infrastructure gained in all aspects will never be lost and only compliment future production.

It has passed operational checks and is inducted and fulfills the role it was built for and will be ready for mass production and costs a fraction. You think very short term.

No he has a point and absolutely on the spot, LCA is their first attempt to built a indigenous Jet, it takes time to Indian aerospace industry is being matured @faithfulguy be neutral @faithfulguy :angel:
True. Desis need to wrap their heads around Research and Development. Everyone expects results overnight

HERE YOU GUYS MORE NEW PICTURES OF THE FAILED TEJAS LOL LOL

Vzbt9QUl.jpg

su30mki - Jaguar - And our very own indengious Tejas

HAL.jpg

Tejas Factory churning our more fighters

We have 2 factories now each will deliver 8 fighters each next year

Tejas_Su-30MKI.jpg

Does this look like a failed FIGHTER l??????
LCATM.jpg

Armed Twin seaters Tejas
EACH of the first two sqaudrons will have 4 twin seaters AND 16 single seaters

HERE YOU GUYS MORE NEW PICTURES OF THE FAILED TEJAS LOL LOL

Vzbt9QUl.jpg

su30mki - Jaguar - And our very own indengious Tejas

HAL.jpg

Tejas Factory churning our more fighters

We have 2 factories now each will deliver 8 fighters each next year

Tejas_Su-30MKI.jpg

Does this look like a failed FIGHTER l??????
LCATM.jpg

Armed Twin seaters Tejas
EACH of the first two sqaudrons will have 4 twin seaters AND 16 single seaters
I would like say its not fail jet but too late @Storm Force

Tejas is good but cost is too high they say MK1A will cost 463 crores per plane .... which is almost equivalent to su - 30.....
I agree ………… India REALLY NEEDS a fifth generation fighter..

BUT today we NEED replace these
615616-mig-21.jpg

These Russian birds ARE obsolete AND too dangerous AND we have 125 of these still flying

EACH one will be relaced by
RAN_5330-002.jpg

I agree ………… India REALLY NEEDS a fifth generation fighter..

BUT today we NEED replace these
615616-mig-21.jpg

These Russian birds ARE obsolete AND too dangerous AND we have 125 of these still flying

EACH one will be relaced by
RAN_5330-002.jpg

Do you personally knows Niramala Sitharaman :)

In December, she asked IAF chief 1 reason to keep flying MiG-21 and ignoring Tejas... and IAF chief was looking here and there...

Tejas is good but cost is too high they say MK1A will cost 463 crores per plane .... which is almost equivalent to su - 30.....

HAL is preparing answer for that... we need to wait till than... it is really hard to believe that cost...

The cost is too high to believe but it was reported by many news houses ..... seems another attempt to halt the progress of the plane ..... development of this plane will led to lose of business to many foreign countries...... and scope of bribe for future govts.....
Do you personally knows Niramala Sitharaman :)

In December, she asked IAF chief 1 reason to keep flying MiG-21 and ignoring Tejas... and IAF chief was looking here and there...

HAL is preparing answer for that... we need to wait till than... it is really hard to believe that cost...

This is why it’s a failed project. If someone build a hatchback mini but try to sell it for the same price as a Ferrari. Will it be successful? India would do the right thing by regard the LCA project as a learning moment, move on to the next project and spend money more effectively.

OK
This is why it’s a failed project. If someone build a hatchback mini but try to sell it for the same price as a Ferrari. Will it be successful? India would do the right thing by regard the LCA project as a learning moment, move on to the next project and spend money more effectively.

Back
Top Bottom