What's new

LCA Tejas Falls Short of Earlier Expectations

I can have a plan of making a 7th gen fighter by myself in my backyard by 2012. Does that put me ahead of the entire human race?:lol::lol:

Plan means nothing.

Ofcourse you are ahead ... When people have problem in absorbing 5th generation technology ... you developing 7th gen that too in back yard puts you in Alien race...

Plan means everything.. If you dont have plan you dont have any O/P... Everything begins with a plan.. For (e.g.) see your political system or your educational system..

The LCA should be scrapped..
Lessons have been learned..apply them for the AMCA..
A flawed design cant be fixed in a Mk.II..or Mk.XIX..
Replace it with an improved design of the Sukhoi S-54..
DRDO has the expertise to turn that concept into a proper 4.5++ gen jet..and will take less time than the LCA..
Call it a new project if you will.. the LMA..plus you can use the Rd-33 or the AL-31 to power it..

Like the F-35B...it was pushing too many boundaries at once..

Keep the VS posts out..
or risk a flamewar.

India is a vast country and there is a need of point defense fighters specially in south India.

Also need to replace old Mig-21s ASAP.

There comes LCA which can fill the above gaps.

P.S :- Today, a fighter get comes @50Mil minimum (4th Gen), so instead of buying from outside, why can't we utilize our own fighter and use it as a test bed for the coming technologies?

I can have a plan of making a 7th gen fighter by myself in my backyard by 2012. Does that put me ahead of the entire human race?:lol::lol:

Plan means nothing.

No that puts you ahead in line of deluded people.

Are you implying a country should only plan for things it has already achieved?

Did the USA used the F-15E as a Work Horse? thats a big NO...they use the less expencive to mantain F-16, you should learn from them...:whistle:

FYI Do you even know the maintenance cost of F 22 which is their main strike aircraft and also is the most expensive fighter jet .... :guns::whistle:

FYI Do you even know the maintenance cost of F 22 which is their main strike aircraft and also is the most expensive fighter jet .... :guns::whistle:
and that's why the F-22 its NOT the U.S.A Work horse.. I would say the MKi its the F-22 counterpart for india(for the Now, the future we all know its the FGFA) so why would you use your most expensive Air superiority fighter as your Work Horse?..:undecided:

^^^
We do not compare ourselves to US.
We keep MKI because we have 2 nuclear weapons possessing neighbors.
In that if we want to keep our AF strong we have to use MKI.
It is one of the best fighter not only in ASIA but in the WORLD.

Last edited:
I don't know what is HF but if it is same as TEJA aka LCA than i believe the positive side of this venture remain..... India learned about what went wrong and perhaps will never repeat the mistake.

I hope the members and insiders can point out what lesson was learned from failure of TEJA-LCA.

P.S.: when i say 'failure' it includes, over shooting in budget and time schedule in addition to failing in meeting the design parameters.

IMHO, the GOI don't know how to do book-keeping work. they just add the costs of establishing infrastructure like labs, procuring instruments, assembly facilities, test facilities, etc. in the cost of LCA development. Actually, these are assets and MUST be seperated from the cost of LCA development. these are the facilities which can be used for developing any aircraft and not just lca. if this can be done, the real cost of lca development can be known.

i dont mind, whether you agree or not.

IMHO, the GOI don't know how to do book-keeping work. they just add the costs of establishing infrastructure like labs, procuring instruments, assembly facilities, test facilities, etc. in the cost of LCA development. Actually, these are assets and MUST be seperated from the cost of LCA development. these are the facilities which can be used for developing any aircraft and not just lca. if this can be done, the real cost of lca development can be known.

i dont mind, whether you agree or not.

Don't think otherwise but ek khatarnak gunde se accounts ke bare sunte mujhe :rofl::rofl:

Don't take it seriously just for fun :angel:

things which are as complicated as fighter aircrafts may or maynot be or maybe more then your expectation.
It does not mean that u stop.
Country like india has to keep going and work harder.

The LCA should be scrapped..
Lessons have been learned..apply them for the AMCA..
A flawed design cant be fixed in a Mk.II..or Mk.XIX..
Replace it with an improved design of the Sukhoi S-54..
DRDO has the expertise to turn that concept into a proper 4.5++ gen jet..and will take less time than the LCA..
Call it a new project if you will.. the LMA..plus you can use the Rd-33 or the AL-31 to power it..

Like the F-35B...it was pushing too many boundaries at once..

Keep the VS posts out..
or risk a flamewar.

You are right and I guess India has realised that, this is why they have launched AMCA! They surely will not scrap LCA because scraping will be an embarrassment!
By the time (may be 2025) India completes AMCA it will be era of 5th geenration fighters thus they started 5th generation project.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom