What's new

LCA Tejas Falls Short of Earlier Expectations

While i agree with all the arguments of my Indian brothers it seems an imp point has been missed by all, the source article seems to be dubious. No author is mentioned and the article source is asia specific state what the heck is this.

yes my family pays tax,my parents do pay tax to indian govt.i do contribute to indian tax collection.

The way LCA mk-1 has been going for past 30 yrs there is no doubt that IAF is gonna reject mk2 and amca too.first perfect mk 1 on time and deliver it rather than showing building castle like mk2,mca,amca in air. here u cant even perfect lca mk1 and wasting inordinate amount of money and time on it which is a criminal waste to the poor indian masses who in order to satisfy some egos of drdo scientists sacrifice its development money.its a cruel joke being played by drdo scientist/MOD on those poor masses.

regarding the bolded part....

do you exactly know that IAF has already ordered 20 of the mk1.. i repeat - mk1. and also IAF has asked MoD to order 20 more and the talks about price are on the way and will be confirmed once price fixed. and that too very soon. means IAF has ordered 40 of the mk1.
:sniper: :cheers:
how can you judge that mk2 and amca will be rejected by IAF where mk1 is on its way??????? :flame:

as i said earlier in my other post, you are really funny guy. i am getting fun from your posts.... really... i mean it.
:rofl: :rofl:

regarding the bolded part....

do you exactly know that IAF has already ordered 20 of the mk1.. i repeat - mk1. and also IAF has asked MoD to order 20 more and the talks about price are on the way and will be confirmed once price fixed. and that too very soon. means IAF has ordered 40 of the mk1.
:sniper: :cheers:
how can you judge that mk2 and amca will be rejected by IAF where mk1 is on its way??????? :flame:

as i said earlier in my other post, you are really funny guy. i am getting fun from your posts.... really... i mean it.
:rofl: :rofl:

It's not he but SHE. She got some point lca is not up to iaf standards thats why they are not keen on inducting it In large numbers..it would have been acceptable if it was delivered a decade ago. But still lca is still better than Jf17 and lca mk2 can compensate what we missed in mk1.. Lca was our first attempt and the results are still good.

Dear all, let's refrain from comparing the JF-17 to the LCA or you will simply attract the wrong crowd and derail this thread. No one knows the real capabilities of either aircraft, their bvr missile ranges, thrust-to-weight ratios, arnaments to be used, jamming capabilities, etc. Both planes are still being prototyped, and going through upgrades.

I personally think both programs have been beneficial to both countries. The LCA has helped India develop critical technologies and vastly expand its aeronautics and avionics industries. Whereas the JF-17 has given Pakistan a limited (but growing) aviation manufacturing/assembly capability for the first time. Take care.

Not that knowledgeable regarding this stuff. but can anyone technically verify the points in this video ?

Last edited by a moderator:
The LCA should be scrapped..
Lessons have been learned..apply them for the AMCA..
A flawed design cant be fixed in a Mk.II..or Mk.XIX..
Replace it with an improved design of the Sukhoi S-54..
DRDO has the expertise to turn that concept into a proper 4.5++ gen jet..and will take less time than the LCA..
Call it a new project if you will.. the LMA..plus you can use the Rd-33 or the AL-31 to power it..

Like the F-35B...it was pushing too many boundaries at once..

Keep the VS posts out..
or risk a flamewar.

DRDO has the expertise to turn that concept into a proper 4.5++ gen jet..and will take less time than the LCA..
Call it a new project if you will.. the LMA..plus you can use the Rd-33 or the AL-31 to power it..

Keep the VS posts out..
or risk a flamewar.

Dost, can you please detail the so called "flaws" in the LCA design? And such severe ones that the project needs to be scrapped? (Please note that I'm emphasizing the later part!)

Would love to discuss that sans the flame war.

P.S. Requesting not to post unauthenticated sources like the one which started this thread, thanks!

Last edited:

Keep the VS posts out..
or risk a flamewar.

hate to say this now , but i totally agree with you..

I always thought that Indias LCA and Pakistan JF-17 as their all purpose work horse like the F-16 its to the U.S.A :undecided:

I always thought that Indias LCA and Pakistan JF-17 as their all purpose work horse like the F-16 its to the U.S.A :undecided:

Let me explain you sir:
TEJAS-meant to the replacement for MIG-21 and backbone of IAF but now a supplementary aircraft and will be inducted in short numbers
(initial order -40 MK-1 TEJAS)

JF-17-will be a backbone for PAF and will be inducting in large no. probably 250.

YouTube - LCA (Tejas), J-10 and JF-17 airshow performance comparison

Not that knowledgeable regarding this stuff. but can anyone technically verify the points in this video ?

This video is meaningless because it did not compare any typical third gen movements. Turn rate comparison is not fair because there is no information of either J-10 or the JF-17 doing its max in the video. Also inverted flyby comparison is just laughable. J-7 can do it just as fast as the LCA it is meaningless. You should pay attention to J-10's move in the first few seconds - pulling straight up and doing a fast flip over. That's is something I want to see the LCA do.

No --- As far as I know for the IAF both the Frontline Strike and the Work horse will be the Flanker (until of course the arrival of the FGFA)

Keep the VS posts out..
or risk a flamewar.

Can you point out the flaw that you can find in the LCA design?

People are happy ranting on "LCA tejas falls short of expectations " etc..
What about India's indegineous 5th gen fighter to be there by 2017.
Pretty much ahead of China.

Not many international members post in there.

I can have a plan of making a 7th gen fighter by myself in my backyard by 2012. Does that put me ahead of the entire human race?:lol::lol:

Plan means nothing.

Back
Top Bottom