What's new

LCA Navy's second fighter ready to take off

Both takeoff and landings are to be cleared at the same time(i mean if you take off... you have to land ) right??
They r going take off and airborne for 2, 3months and make the changes in landing gear while its airborne then plane the landings????

How about they make a sky-jump takeoff and instead of arrested recovery they use a conventional runway landing ??

How about they make a sky-jump takeoff and instead of arrested recovery they use a conventional runway landing ??
He didnt mention it!!! Damn!!!

naval mk1 has levcons & arrester hooks

will undergo Deck trials at SBTF in November and clear them by Dec both takeoff and landing

Levcons yes, hook no. The current version is only a tech demonstrator for basic flight tests, the next version might come with a hook and all necessary provisions to at least test from the SBTF, while MK2 is meant to be the only one to be used from an actual carrier as it seems.

Still can't get it ??

But if your indicating the catapult fittings , LCA Navy will only be a STOBAR fighter .

Operational Naval ones will be single seater ...... Moreover this second prototype is also be a single seater .

Great to hear that. One seater jets would free up valuable manpower and allow us to increase our fighter pilot strength!!

Finally! Will take another 6 months for the third to take off probably

Great to see Indian building their own product instead of getting it from another source and then claiming it as thier own like some neighbors... HAHA

Levcons yes, hook no. The current version is only a tech demonstrator for basic flight tests, the next version might come with a hook and all necessary provisions to at least test from the SBTF, while MK2 is meant to be the only one to be used from an actual carrier as it seems.

no this nLCA NP2 contains hook

and these 2 Np1 and Np2 will be put through trials at INS HANSA SBTF in nov and they are supposed to clear trials and tests at SbTF by dec 2014

so tell me without hook how will they be put through Take Off and landing trials ?

no this nLCA NP2 contains hook

and these 2 Np1 and Np2 will be put through trials at INS HANSA SBTF in nov and they are supposed to clear trials and tests at SbTF by dec 2014

so tell me without hook how will they be put through Take Off and landing trials ?

I think some are getting confused about what an arrestor hook is. It does just what the name implies- "arrest" a plane on landing in an effort to slow it down:

fd4e01c80656b8e4063459b5785d4c1a.jpg

(the black and white striped thing seen in-between the two engines of this IN MiG-29K)

a3eeabc315102afed649021813b2ca69.jpg

Without the hook the N-LCA can still launch from the SBTF using the ramp to test out the launch from a deck and can land conventionally without an arrestor hook.

@SOHEIL mate I think you were getting confused between an arrestor hook (fitted to the rear of the plane) and launch bar (attached to the nose gear on catapult-launched fighters):

c5e5d7b11040e2e487954a69d6e001e4.jpg

Actually @sancho something that just came to my mind is this. Will the N-LCA's rear landing gear have to have the same dimensions/spacing as those on the MiG-29K? As, instead of hold-back bars, on STOBAR carriers that the IN will be using there are plates that hold the fighter so it can apply full thrust before launch:

e58c9729231471921a6a2432bdf0b5fd.jpg

(as seen at the SBTF)

So it makes sense the small N-LCA would have to have the same distance between the rear landing gear in able to use the same hold back plates. This probably isn't a big deal but it's a consideration that would have had to be made...

how much navy lca will india order..?:-)

it is not that how much navy will order ................. lots

navy is i think looking at a full fledged Aviation wing

with

NLCA
NAMCA
etc

they are having almost 16 coastal bases with airstrips / airbases - besides the carrier these will be based there

But not the more powerful powerplant. In either case, these prototypes can carry out Carrier evaluations and testing before the rest follow.

these will be the test beds and a feelers for IN test pilots

I think some are getting confused about what an arrestor hook is. It does just what the name implies- "arrest" a plane on landing in an effort to slow it down:

View attachment 108256
(the black and white striped thing seen in-between the two engines of this IN MiG-29K)

View attachment 108257

Without the hook the N-LCA can still launch from the SBTF using the ramp to test out the launch from a deck and can land conventionally without an arrestor hook.

@SOHEIL mate I think you were getting confused between an arrestor hook (fitted to the rear of the plane) and launch bar (attached to the nose gear on catapult-launched fighters):

View attachment 108258

Actually @sancho something that just came to my mind is this. Will the N-LCA's rear landing gear have to have the same dimensions/spacing as those on the MiG-29K? As, instead of hold-back bars, on STOBAR carriers that the IN will be using there are plates that hold the fighter so it can apply full thrust before launch:

View attachment 108259
(as seen at the SBTF)

So it makes sense the small N-LCA would have to have the same distance between the rear landing gear in able to use the same hold back plates. This probably isn't a big deal but it's a consideration that would have had to be made...

I didn't confused... I just forgot the Indian carrier's launch method :unsure:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom