What's new

Lawyers shower Pakistan governor's assassin with rose petals

for your kind information, a true muslim has no fear of FBI or CIA cos he fears only from ALLAH and pone who fears from ALLAH can,t even think to kill any fellow muslim or even nonmuslim or even an animal or plant without any reason.. and one who fears ALLAH will practice ISLAM with true spirit and you don,t need to make hime fear with fbi or CIA . got it hope so............

oh the irony.......some of you guys are validating somebody who murdered an innocent man he was being paid to protect just because he spoke out against blasphemy laws and stood up for a christian .:cheesy:

Governor19.jpg

AminaHaqandSanamTaseer.jpg

salman_taseer_drinking_in_party-571.preview.jpg

salman taseer talks about islamic laws, this is islam he teaches to his family??? so extravagent?? so western???

Lol. If this kind of behaviour is enough ground to execute someone, then at least 10 % of Pakistans people could be killed of.

How many Pakistani make and drink illegal alcohol (many of them die, so can you call this poetic justice?)?

How many Pakistani are drug addicts?

How many Pakistani indulge in indecent sexual behaviour?

The answer is a lot.

sir 1st ISLAMIC fiqah was started in age of HAZRAT UMER FAROOQ (R.A)......
and QURAN PAK says offer prayers but how to pray was told by HOLY PROPHET(S.A.W.W.) same is about many other things....

my question if some one abuse ISLAM or HOLY PROPHET (S.A.W.W) we should say him nothing ?

No we should kill him!!!!! While we are at it let the Christians let loose with their own Namoos - e - Jesus law and all of us Muslims would hit the dirt!

Are we living in Tribal times or the wild west??? Every thing leads to killing someone! There is another way to bring in people to our fold -- that of dialog, engagement, preaching etc. -- that is how Islam was spread all over the world.

at this point mr taseer was wrong he called it black law without refering any QURANIC verse or ISLAMIC jurisprudence.....
if ASSIA bb was innocent he should have 1ST asked judge and because judge had found her accused so in 1st he refused to accept decision by a judge who found her guilty. he sholul have appealed in high court or supreme court so that she could defend her rather then stating decision wrong and law a black law..
does this thing suits someone at place like him.... ??

And SO... this was bound to HAPPEN!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Do u think tht by posting stuff like this ur doing a favour or proving urself secular?

The big problem we have in this country are the 2 types of people:
1=Fundos,Nutjobs.
2=Extremist Seculars who in order to show ur secularity do wierd stuff.

And where did you come up with the idea that I am secular or qadiyani or a Mullah?

The big problem with this forum are two types of people:

1=fundos,Nutjobs, Secularists,Taliban,Indians,Mossad Agents..and 40 year old virgins
2=People who need an excuse to let out their pent up daily frustration...whether they get the idea or not.

why some people are so obssessed with Taseer's personal life and his family? Perhaps they cant find a better argument against him.

@Ahmad,
Yes, Taseer has been accused of 'corruption' without proof. Accused of not helping 'poor' despite being '****** rich' even though Taseer's wealth is personal and his constitutional role as governor is limited in scope and with limited funding.

Copied/Pasted below is an Op-ed by Taseer's daughter in NYTimes today. It makes me proud of being a Pakistani. This Op-ed is written barely 4 days after the death of a beloved father. Imagine the anger, the anguish, the threats, the grief Taseer's family must be going through. But here it is: A measured defiance and a message of hope in, what can be called, a political obituary of Taseer by his daughter Shehrbano Taseer. Bravo, lady. Bravo!

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/09/opinion/09taseer.html?_r=1&hp

OP-ED CONTRIBUTOR
My Father Died for Pakistan
By SHEHRBANO TASEER
Published: January 8, 2011
RECOMMEND
TWITTER
SEND TO PHONE
PRINT
REPRINTS

Lahore, Pakistan

TWENTY-SEVEN. That’s the number of bullets a police guard fired into my father before surrendering himself with a sinister smile to the policemen around him. Salmaan Taseer, governor of Punjab, Pakistan’s most populous province, was assassinated on Tuesday — my brother Shehryar’s 25th birthday — outside a market near our family home in Islamabad.

The guard accused of the killing, Mumtaz Qadri, was assigned that morning to protect my father while he was in the federal capital. According to officials, around 4:15 p.m., as my father was about to step into his car after lunch, Mr. Qadri opened fire.

Mr. Qadri and his supporters may have felled a great oak that day, but they are sadly mistaken if they think they have succeeded in silencing my father’s voice or the voices of millions like him who believe in the secular vision of Pakistan’s founder, Muhammad Ali Jinnah.

My father’s life was one of struggle. He was a self-made man, who made and lost and remade his fortune. He was among the first members of the ruling Pakistan Peoples Party when it was founded by Zulfikar Ali Bhutto in the late 1960s. He was an intellectual, a newspaper publisher and a writer; he was jailed and tortured for his belief in democracy and freedom. The vile dictatorship of Gen. Mohammad Zia ul-Haq did not take kindly to his pamphleteering for the restoration of democracy.

One particularly brutal imprisonment was in a dungeon at Lahore Fort, this city’s Mughal-era citadel. My father was held in solitary confinement for months and was slipped a single meal of half a plate of stewed lentils each day. They told my mother, in her early 20s at the time, that he was dead. She never believed that.

Determined, she made friends with the kind man who used to sweep my father’s cell and asked him to pass a note to her husband. My father later told me he swallowed the note, fearing for the sweeper’s life. He scribbled back a reassuring message to my mother: “I’m not made from a wood that burns easily.” That is the kind of man my father was. He could not be broken.

He often quoted verse by his uncle Faiz Ahmed Faiz, one of Urdu’s greatest poets. “Even if you’ve got shackles on your feet, go. Be fearless and walk. Stand for your cause even if you are martyred,” wrote Faiz. Especially as governor, my father was the first to speak up and stand beside those who had suffered, from the thousands of people displaced by the Kashmir earthquake in 2005 to the family of two teenage brothers who were lynched by a mob last August in Sialkot after a dispute at a cricket match.

After 86 members of the Ahmadi sect, considered blasphemous by fundamentalists, were murdered in attacks on two of their mosques in Lahore last May, to the great displeasure of the religious right my father visited the survivors in the hospital. When the floods devastated Pakistan last summer, he was on the go, rallying businessmen for aid, consoling the homeless and building shelters.

My father believed that the strict blasphemy laws instituted by General Zia have been frequently misused and ought to be changed. His views were widely misrepresented to give the false impression that he had spoken against Prophet Mohammad. This was untrue, and a criminal abdication of responsibility by his critics, who must now think about what they have caused to happen. According to the authorities, my father’s stand on the blasphemy law was what drove Mr. Qadri to kill him.

There are those who say my father’s death was the final nail in the coffin for a tolerant Pakistan. That Pakistan’s liberal voices will now be silenced. But we buried a heroic man, not the courage he inspired in others. This week two leading conservative politicians — former Prime Minister Chaudhry Shujaat Hussain and the cricket-star-turned-politician Imran Khan — have taken the same position my father held on the blasphemy laws: they want amendments to prevent misuse.

To say that there was a security lapse on Tuesday is an understatement. My father was brutally gunned down by a man hired to protect him. Juvenal once asked, “Who will guard the guards themselves?” It is a question all Pakistanis should ask themselves today: If the extremists could get to the governor of the largest province, is anyone safe?

It may sound odd, but I can’t imagine my father dying in any other way. Everything he had, he invested in Pakistan, giving livelihoods to tens of thousands, improving the economy. My father believed in our country’s potential. He lived and died for Pakistan. To honor his memory, those who share that belief in Pakistan’s future must not stay silent about injustice. We must never be afraid of our enemies. We must never let them win.

Shehrbano Taseer is a reporter with Newsweek Pakistan.

Cheer the assassin!

Cheer on my friends! Cheer on the assassin! Smile and clap your hands, chant odes to the ghazi’s bravery! Go ahead, applaud the darkness that is coming your way, because once it has taken you into its embrace, there’ll be no cheer left in your life.
Hail the assassin as your hero! Lift him up on your shoulders and show his brave deed to your children! Tell them to emulate his example and follow his footsteps! Kiss the ground he walked on! Congregate outside the prison that holds him and shout slogans so he hears your support through the walls. Because soon, the only heroes left in your life will be those with blood on their hands and death in their hearts.
Denounce the fallen governor! Denounce his licentious ways! Mock his speeches and drag his grieving wife and children through the dirt that is in your mind, your eyes! Question his faith: Was he a secret atheist? Fling all manner of ***** and dirt on his name and his ways, for soon there’ll be nothing left in your minds, other than the ***** of a faithless piety and the dirt of prejudice.
Sanctify the assassin’s bullet! Distill all your hatreds and frustrations into it! Place it on a pedestal and recite psalms of solemn servitude to it! Let it be the one fixed point in your life, your north star by which you navigate yourself towards your destiny! Let its line of travel, from muzzle to victim, be the straight and narrow path you seek to your salvation. May you find your victim one day too, just like the bullet found its. Yes, sanctify the bullet because soon it’ll light the way for you towards that destiny where you hold the knife in your hands and your hapless victim struggles vainly in your clutches.
While you’re at it, make a game out of it all. Clap, laugh and sing songs while the darkness falls all around you. Tell yourself silly little tales of how it’s all for the best because, after all, politicians are corrupt and deserve it all. Let the madness ooze into your puny minds without a struggle, since struggle in the path of what is right can get you killed.
Kiss the pages of the document where the ‘holy’ laws are written. Don’t read them, don’t think about what they say. Don’t ask questions about them, such as what the rules of evidence are under these laws or how the court is supposed to tell the difference between a true and false allegation. No, don’t do any of that, because soon these will be the only laws left in your life.
Do it, my friends! Because there is no ‘silent majority’ any more, only a frightened and confused flock hemmed in by the darkness, trembling at the howling of the hyenas around, huddled together under a vanishing light, barely enduring the great dark absence beyond.
No words will soothe their fears, no courage will call them to action. No strength exists any longer to lift this cowering multitude into the ranks of humanity, no mind’s eye to light the way for them.
So do it! Celebrate all manner of bloodlust because soon there will be nobody left in your life who can call murder by its name.
Published in The Express Tribune, January 6th, 2011.

Indians advised to stop feeling sorry for Pakistan
From the Newspaper
Yesterday

By Shobhan Saxena
NEW DELHI: Feb 18, 2008, was a chilly day in Islamabad and I was at a polling station, talking to people as they voted in the historic election after eight years of Musharraf dictatorship. As I came out of the polling station in the heart of the city, I saw a board that said `Lal Masjid`.

Wondering if it was the same Lal Masjid where a bloody battle between the army and militants had left 160 people dead in July 2007, I entered the building.

The men in the mosque were all from the mountains and they had no interest in the election. After a brief discussion on politics in Pakistan, a middle-aged man spoke. “Is mulk ko humne Allah ke naam pe liya tha aur yeh Musharraf jaise aadmi usi mulk ko khatam kar rahe hain. Yeh Amrika ke saath hain, hamare saath nahin. Hum inko maaf nahin karenge (we created this country in the name of Allah, and people like Musharraf are destroying the country. They are with America, and not with us. We will not forgive them),” said the man with steely eyes.

On the way back to my hotel, I kept thinking about the words of that man and the way he had described Pakistan`s problems: dangerous mixing of religion and politics; widening gulf between fundamentalists and liberals; people`s lack of faith in democracy; and the blatant US intervention in the country.

Now, as Salman Taseer, the assassinated governor of Punjab, becomes a martyr for `liberal` Pakistan and their supporters in India, it`s difficult not to think about the words of that mountain man.

I wonder why Taseer`s murder has generated so much interest in India. Is it really because we have been saddened by the death of a Scotch-drinking liberal who took on the mullahs? Or is it because Pakistan is slowly but surely collapsing?

Instead of feeling sorry for Pakistan or feeling good about its predicament, we should learn something from its mistakes. The real problem in Pakistan is the total failure of democracy and not the conflict between the fundamentalists and liberals. All spheres of Pakistani life – politics, business, trade, agriculture, diplomacy, etc — are run and dominated by a few feudal clans and rich families.

This class has made everything a family affair and kept the majority of people outside the system. There has been a huge growth in the number of madressahs in southern Punjab because the government never cared about education for villagers.

The poor send their children to madressahs for education and food they can`t afford. Last year, US President Obama said that he was “gravely concerned” about the situation in Pakistan, not least because the government did not “seem to have the capacity to deliver basic services: schools, health care, rule of law, a judicial system that works for the majority of the people.” And, still, the US keeps bankrolling the feudal lords such as Asif Ali Zardari and Nawaz Sharif.

Even Salman Taseer, who grew up in an enlightened atmosphere, had become a part of this class which has kept itself in the position of power and privilege by denying even basic amenities to the vast majority.

And when American drones drop Hellfire missiles on marriage processions and schools, the ordinary Pakistani gets totally convinced that the ruling elite, with properties in Dubai, London and New York, has made a secret pact with the Americans. That`s why when Taseer`s killer was brought to court, some lawyers and other people showered him with rose petals.

The growth of religious fundamentalism in Pakistan among the masses has a strong class angle. Tired of its ruling class`s fraud politics, sick of poverty and revolted by the US bombs, a large section of Pakistanis have begun to rally behind the religious fundamentalists, something that may lead it to doom.

But, it`s time we reflected on our country which is looking more and more like Pakistan despite our claims about nine per cent growth. Ironically, this decline has happened in the past 20 years of so-called economic boom: India has seen a dangerous mixing of religion and politics as is evident from the rise of BJP and its communal politics; the gulf between the fundamentalists and liberals has widened with people like Binayak Sen being harassed and human rights activists being killed across the country; armed movements have sprouted all over the country.

India has begun to look like a client state of the United States as clearly shown by the cables leaked by WikiLeaks. And the genesis of all these problems is the same as that in Pakistan.

Some 30-odd families control Pakistan. In India that number may be 200 or 400. But, everything in this country – politics, business & trade, films and cultural life – is dominated by a few people.

There is 100 per cent reservation at the top and no entry for aam aadmi (common man). Since 1991, we have developed such a nexus that only a few with access to other few can grow at breakneck speed. All others are free to go to bank, mortgage their life and take a loan for things they want.And with lines between the politicians, real estate tycoons, sugar barons, rich farmers, mining mafia and new millionaires & billionaires blurring, democracy is being reduced to manipulation by big money and muscle power. Even as India`s `liberal` class sips exotic wine in swanky restaurants, the great ocean of poverty and deprivation amid which they live is boiling with anger. These raging masses may turn to either religious fanatics or an extremist ideology for guidance and comfort. They are both working on it. It`s not a coincidence that the worst form of violence in State vs Maoists conflict is happening in the BJP-ruled states.

Extreme ideologies flourish when democratic institutions are abused and people are used as cannon fodder by the elite for their selfish interests. Pakistan is in a mess because its elite and liberals have flirted with democracy and fundamentalism just to keep itself in power. India is on the threshold of such a crisis. We should not waste our time in feeling sorry for Pakistan. We should work on putting our house in order.—Dawn/Times of India News Service

this tells very good story of why such incidents happen

And where did you come up with the idea that I am secular or qadiyani or a Mullah?

The big problem with this forum are two types of people:

1=fundos,Nutjobs, Secularists,Taliban,Indians,Mossad Agents..and 40 year old virgins
2=People who need an excuse to let out their pent up daily frustration...whether they get the idea or not.

Did i say any of tht or are u assuming themselves?

Liberals and fundos are both dangerous for this country.

Act mature... dont use the such videos(in ur ignorance ur making fun of religious sentiments) to vent out ur frustration on others.Ur doing nobdy any favour just making urself look imature.

Also before branding me a mullah,fundo,ttp supporter and rest of tht B.S....... read previous pages where all of my posts are against nut jobs like qadri and gang.

Last edited:
actually in PAKISTAN voice of only two parties is listened
1) ethnic extremists
and
2) liberal extremists
both are extreme in their views and both try to represent PAKISTANI culture in their way... infact both sections are minorities but their voice is heard by both local and foreign media ....
what about the third majority but silent section made up of common orthodox PAKISTANISE who are against both extremes.
actually what ever a common PAKISTANI says is bitter to both and both cann,t tolerate it because both want their hegemony over common people.
MULLAH want controle from mosques .......
and liberals through money , by keeping money with them leaving nothing for common PAKISTANISE .....
QIBLA of both is west , for MULLAhs it is ARAB and for liberals it is beyound ARAB ie Europe and America and they both worship it .
what about rights of common man whom both neglect?
for ALLAH most important duty is HAQOOQ al ABAD (rights of people) , where are these rights.
Government is killing common PAKISTANISE with boms of inflation and economic depression and Taliban with suicide bombs ........ end result both by pass the rights of common man, a common MUSLAM....
they both are enemies of common PAKISTANISE and if they are not sincere with people of PAKISTAN than there is no reason they could be sincere with PAKISTAN....
Most of friends are representing me as extremist but in actual i am a common PAKISTANI who is liberal for religious extremists and extremist for liberals ...
so enemy for both and killed by both ...
get ration how many innocent PAKISTANISE have losts their lives due to depressions and suicide bombs and target killings as compared to these both liberal and religious leaders ....

Did i say any of tht or are u assuming themselves?

Liberals and fundos are both dangerous for this country.

Act mature... dont use the such videos(in ur ignorance ur making fun of religious sentiments) to vent out ur frustration on others.Ur doing nobdy any favour just making urself look imature.

Also before branding me a mullah,fundo,ttp supporter and rest of tht B.S....... read previous pages where all of my posts are against nut jobs like qadri and gang.
thats what we are trying to explain but liberal brothers want their hegemony over us in discussion ......

what good was done when mr taseer was alive for poor PAKISTANISE answer is nothing only road blocks when mr governer had to pass ......
and what benifit out of his death , answer agian shops were closed and poor had to suffer ...
was PPP mourning for salman taseer,s death no , it was poor PAKISTANI who earning was blocked for one day ....
same happened on assassination of BAINAZEER .... 9billion+ was burnt in riots who lost most answer common PAKISTANI....

Back
Top Bottom