What's new

Lawyers shower Pakistan governor's assassin with rose petals

blasphemy law is not wrong but if someone use it wrong then he should be checked rather than critising law blindly ....

at this point mr taseer was wrong he called it black law without refering any QURANIC verse or ISLAMIC jurisprudence.....
if ASSIA bb was innocent he should have 1ST asked judge and because judge had found her accused so in 1st he refused to accept decision by a judge who found her guilty. he sholul have appealed in high court or supreme court so that she could defend her rather then stating decision wrong and law a black law..
does this thing suits someone at place like him.... ??

i am supporter of IMRAN KHAN , does he looks like taliban ort is barbaric but then why he is labelled mullah..
only thing is he speaks what orthodox PAKISTANI speaks and thinks.
why our leaders are hated by our people ...
maulana fazalurehman look he is mullah but most of us don,t like him.
i used to have many clashes with jamit who used to beat boys if find them with girls i totally opposed it and thrown jamit out of my college but at the same time i have no place for liberals who on other side cross limits, talking with girls for study purpose or constructive purpose is no problem but bringing lust , is by no mean acceptable ...
keep things balance in both ways that is what required

assalam alaikum

bhai this is the the problem we r cought in the middle of the two extremes

Jazak Allah u did a great job

TARIQ

at this point mr taseer was wrong he called it black law without refering any QURANIC verse or ISLAMIC jurisprudence.....
if ASSIA bb was innocent he should have 1ST asked judge and because judge had found her accused so in 1st he refused to accept decision by a judge who found her guilty. he sholul have appealed in high court or supreme court so that she could defend her rather then stating decision wrong and law a black law..
does this thing suits someone at place like him.... ??

assalam alaikum

No body told him to not provide legal assistance to her after all he was not short of money. Unfortunate that he didnot think properly and now we r in this mess may be he didnot have good advisers.

TARIQ

a i really feel shame to see people like salman taseer or others like him to be our rulers who abuse mullas and hardliners for criticising them but reality is they were and are taboo on name of ISLAM and PAKISTAN ..
if you think they are right than plz change name of PAKISTAN as REPUBLIC OF PAKISTAN remove word ISLAM from it atleast remove that hypocricy .....
those who are justifying salman taseer has any one of then studied HOLY QURAN with full meaning OR ISLAMIC JURISPRUDENCE ....

I have yet to see a single post where anyone has tried to justify Soleman Taseer's personal life and his dealings..
this is not even the subject.. the issue is the way he has been killed which is completely wrong and the killer would be beheaded if it was Saudi Arabia.

I dont disagree with what you are saying. I agree that both so called secular and religous leaders are a bain for us all. actually I find people more repulsive and irritating who start blaming religon for all ills .. but again this is not the topic.. the topic is that the people who represent law and people out of whom some become judges are actually celebrating someone who not only broken the law, taken the life of an unarmed person unprovoked, someone who broke his code of conduct, the tust of his employers, his outh and is using religon to justify this mad act.

this is the issue here. you pointed out my inability to handle truth well I am sure you will have better capacity to handle truth then.. again I will qoute my Holy Prophet Muhammad PBUH who was sent as a blessing to this world, (not what Al Qaeda/ taliban & their cousins are preaching).

you might have read this saying by the Prophet Muhammad PBUH..forbidding Muslims from insulting other people's beliefs and their dwities.. because as a reaction those people will insult Islam and Allah.."

point to note is.. He never said to Muslims .. if you see them insulting Islam or Quran you go and kill them when they least expect it.. kill them without warning..

I hope you understand what I am saying.

Last edited:
Rehan bhai, it's a man-made law; not an Islamic law.

therefore why need to refer to Quran?

sir 1st ISLAMIC fiqah was started in age of HAZRAT UMER FAROOQ (R.A)......
and QURAN PAK says offer prayers but how to pray was told by HOLY PROPHET(S.A.W.W.) same is about many other things....

my question if some one abuse ISLAM or HOLY PROPHET (S.A.W.W) we should say him nothing ?

I have yet to see a single post where anyone has tried to justify Soleman Taseer's personal life and his dealings..
this is not even the subject.. the issue is the way he has been killed which is completely wrong and the killer would be beheaded if it was Saudi Arabia.

I dont disagree with what you are saying. I agree that both so called secular and religous leaders are a bain for us all. actually I find people more repulsive and irritating who start blaming religon for all ills .. but again this is not the topic.. the topic is that the people who represent law and people out of whom some become judges are actually celebrating someone who not actually broken the law, taken the life of an unarmed person unprovoked, someone who broke his code of conduct, the tust of his employers, his outh and is using religon to justify this mad act.

this is the issue here. you pointed out my inability to handle truth well I am sure you will have better capacity to handle truth then.. again I will qoute my Holy Prophet Muhammad PBUH who was sent as a blessing to this world, (not what Al Qaeda/ taliban & their cousins are preaching).

you might have read this saying by the Prophet Muhammad PBUH..forbidding Muslims from insulting other people's beliefs and their dwities.. because as a reaction those people will insult Islam and Allah.."

point to note is.. He never said to Muslims .. if you see them insulting Islam or Quran you go and kill them when they least expect it.. kill them without warning..

I hope you understand what I am saying.

my brother i am saying killing is wrong , it was wrong and is dark spot on our history....

law is to stop people something that nefarious act because if no check then any one would say any thing any time, without fear of law, against ISLAM and HOLY PROPHET (S.A.W.W) then how much anarchy would develop.....
it is reality NO true MUSLIM can tolerate any thing abusive about HOLY PROPHET (S.A.W.W.) if ;aw is there he would refer to court now upto court to decide but if no law he would certainly go at any extreme...

i think there are a lot more pressing issues that need to be confronted.....

and the real question we should ask (based on what you said):"

why should there be 'anarchy' to begin with? If somebody says something insulting like that (and I agree, it is demeaning and insulting to make a mockery of religious groups or figures) does it mean they should be killed or face persecution?

Just IGNORE! Or at the most, just tell that person that what they are saying is hurtful and WHY they shouldnt say it.

be rational, and use reason. Dont rely on these man-made, flawed, totally logic devoid laws. There is no real way anyways to prove somebody has engaged in blasphemy --unless everyone starts carrying voice and video recorders and monitors every little thing people say and write.

again ---- people need to get their priorities in order!

i think there are a lot more pressing issues that need to be confronted.....

and the real question we should ask (based on what you said):"

why should there be 'anarchy' to begin with? If somebody says something insulting like that (and I agree, it is demeaning and insulting to make a mockery of religious groups or figures) does it mean they should be killed or face persecution?

Just IGNORE! Or at the most, just tell that person that what they are saying is hurtful and WHY they shouldnt say it.

be rational, and use reason. Dont rely on these man-made, flawed, totally logic devoid laws. There is no real way anyways to prove somebody has engaged in blasphemy --unless everyone starts carrying voice and video recorders and monitors every little thing people say and write.

again ---- people need to get their priorities in order!

assalam alaikum

Brother u and me might do it, but 170 million don't u think it is impossible?

TARIQ

assalam alaikum

Brother u and me might do it, but 170 million don't u think it is impossible?

TARIQ

thats what my pointis , it is nearly impossible when only 65% of PAKISTANISE are educated and only max20% of them quality educated.......
so how to controle mob and every body is not cool customer....
so one should think thousand times before taking action that may displease whole mob...

thats what my pointis , it is nearly impossible when only 65% of PAKISTANISE are educated and only max20% of them quality educated.......
so how to controle mob and every body os not cool customer....

so the logic is since a hoard of barbarians cannot be controlled it should be let lose. VOILA!!!!

When people don't even know what a maghzi is and put it as an excuse, when people who can't quote a single reliable source from Quran start issuing fatwas, when people who don't even know what fiqh is become muftis thats exactly what happens. Chaos.

No wonders the whole muslim world is sinking deeper and deeper into this hole every passing day. VOILA!!!!

so the logic is since a hoard of barbarians cannot be controlled it should be let lose. VOILA!!!!

When people don't even know what a maghzi is and put it as an excuse, when people who can't quote a single reliable source from Quran start issuing fatwas, when people who don't even know what fiqh is become muftis thats exactly what happens. Chaos.

No wonders the whole muslim world is sinking deeper and deeper into this hole every passing day. VOILA!!!!

problem is you are ignorent of some realities....
you think islam is sinking we think west is sinking in immortality...
you consider liberalism as blessing and we as curse as is extremism..
don,t look thinks through coloured spectacles get some clean and pur one to see things in real sense...
leave ISLAM aside read even modern sociologists even most of them has reservations about social deviances and dangers of it...

thanks for your concern for Islam.

your posts are totally irrelevent and I know what you are trying to do. rest assured we wont miss you. because your trolling will result in action soon.

All those claiming Mr. Taseer as being unpatriotic and stooping to methods such as stalking his personal life and family pictures just to prove that he was "unislamic" and therefore deserves to be murdered, go ahead and read this piece written by his daughter Sherbano Taseer 6 months before he was ruthlessly killed by his own bodyguard. Please dont make his family's life any more miserable than you've already done.

Discrediting Pakistan —Shehrbano Taseer

Pakistan’s valiant efforts against the terrorists cannot afford to be condemned and doubted. Those men hold in their mortal hands the power to abolish life altogether

An Amnesty International (AI) report published on June 10, 2010, is the latest in a series of damaging articles/reports concerning the current state, and future, of Pakistan. AI has claimed that Pakistanis living in the northwest tribal areas live in a “human rights-free zone” under the Taliban, and that the Pakistani government has failed to provide them with protection, “ignoring their plight” and “treating the tribal areas bordering Afghanistan with disdain”.

AI is an institution that researches grave abuses of human rights in order to generate international attention, prevent future violations, and attain justice for the victims involved. Its reporting is usually factual, and it has been widely recognised as influential in shaping policy regarding the ending of abuse of human rights. It is peculiar, then, to see AI slander Pakistan’s democratic government, discredit the success of the military operations being carried out in Swat, Waziristan, and other parts of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and FATA, in addition to disregarding the immense sacrifices made by Pakistani soldiers in fighting this exhausting battle.

Furthermore, the AI report might just prove to be counter-productive. By painting Pakistan’s efforts in a negative light and denying the progress made, the international community (and the US in particular) will doubt our success and will cease to give us the necessary support required to triumph against the Taliban. The families of our brave soldiers will deem the hardships they have undergone as futile. Pakistanis will be angry and more prone to being anti-West. Global leaders, organisations, and citizens will be embittered — they will shake their heads, and could turn their backs on Pakistan. The Taliban will triumph, and the situation on the ground will worsen. What, if any, purpose would that serve?

I would like to take the liberty to challenge three assertions made in the report. Firstly, that the Pakistan government has “disdain for these areas” is incorrect. There is no reference provided at the end of the report, and no source or scholar to substantiate this claim. The three and a half million people displaced by the war were taken care of in camps provided by the government and returned peacefully to their homes — sans outbreak of famine or disease — within months. With American assistance of about $ 300 million, they were given food, shelter, and identification cards. They never felt that they were not a part of the federation of Pakistan, or that the government had mistreated them. On August 14, in fact, they proudly raised the slogan “Pakistan zindabad”. This signifies both a political and logistical victory. It shows that we handled the immense problem at every level, and in a sophisticated manner.

Furthermore, a body has been set up to deal with Afghan refugees’ problems. The government has raised the FATA uplift budget from Rs 8.6 billion to Rs 15 billion. In Bajaur, just a few days ago, 64 terrorists, including five commanders, have surrendered. The international community has put up donor funds and Pakistani troops are conducting operations in an unprecedented six of the seven tribal agencies. In Swat, a decisive battle last year returned much of the northwest Valley to relative normality after a two-year uprising. Significant territory that fell to the Taliban has been regained and urgent efforts are being made to stabilise the areas, allowing the displaced to slowly return. These efforts qualify as far from ‘disdainful’; they symbolise immense dedication and concern on the part of the Pakistani government for the tribal areas and adjoining districts. It also shows the sagacity of our military leadership.

Secondly, the claim that the army is responsible for “systematic and widespread human rights violations” is not very credible. Unfortunately, some incidents have occurred that have led to involuntary death and destruction. Terrorists have used civilians as human shields, and there has been some unforeseen collateral damage. Despite all precautions, innocent individuals always suffer when war is imposed. Some human rights shortcomings are a part of every nation’s reality. If we want to play the finger pointing game, many first world nations that are democratic and liberal can be held accountable for terrible atrocities every day as well. What makes it different for us is that reports such as the one from Amnesty International cater to the anti-Pakistan propaganda that the world seems to feed off of lately. Pakistan however, appears fully committed to ending the cancer of terrorism that has actually caused these unnecessary deaths.

Thirdly, the application of international humanitarian law in this situation is not as certain as Amnesty International makes it seem. The struggle in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and FATA is not a conflict between two groups, national or international. It is a situation whereby certain individuals and groups that have no regard for human life are terrorising the local population. This conflict is not a conflict of our choice; it is an enemy the current government has inherited. The enemy we face has no morals or values, and prides itself in killing, raping and intimidating the civilian population. Pakistani forces, however, have met considerable success so far. There are few parallels in military history, in fact, of such an operation where an administration went to such lengths to protect its civilians.

Admittedly, our past speaks against us. The corridors of Pakistan’s history echo with the sounds of dictatorships, corruption, terrorist links, and human oppression. We must openly recognise our shortcomings. There is no ‘quick fix’. The current government, however, is working hard to establish a democratic process, which upholds the principles of civil liberties and justice, and which would strengthen over time.

Today, Pakistan enjoys a free, vibrant and robust media and an active and vocal civil society. The judiciary is independent, and the Supreme Court of Pakistan is the guardian of the human rights of not only the people of northwestern Pakistan but all Pakistanis. Furthermore, we are the sons and daughters of the mighty Indus. We have a rich cultural history, and strong, durable traditions. If our institutions have not yet fully strengthened it is because Pakistan is a country in transition, as is its political process.

At this crucial point, Pakistan’s valiant efforts against the terrorists cannot afford to be condemned and doubted. Those men hold in their mortal hands the power to abolish life altogether. The effort cannot just be about what is required of our men in uniform, and where the government spends its time and money. It is an effort on behalf of the entire civilised world. The battle Pakistan is fighting is not just our battle. It is everyone’s battle. Our interests mirror the world’s interests, and our future is the world’s future.

The writer is a recent graduate of Smith College, and is currently based in Washington DC

I've also started a separate thread on this so that more members have the opportunity to read it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom