What's new

Last Movie You Watched

Watched Operation Redflag yesterday..very good documentry on Redflag and far more realistic then TopGun.

I see one vote for Almodovar from Spain. Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown was brilliant.:agree:

Carmen Maura ..:chilli:

Also Volver, directed by Almodovar was interesting, especially Penélope Cruz :chilli:

One film I did not list and found very interesting:

Osama :enjoy:
Language: Farsi
Year: 2003
Country of Origin: Afghanistan
Genre: Drama

outline:
Inspired by a true story, Osama is the first film to be made in Afghanistan after the fall of the Taliban. The film looks back at the repressive, misogynistic Taliban regime in anguish, telling the tragic tale of a young girl forced to disguise herself as a boy so she can work and save her family from starvation. Powerful, harrowing, yet visually striking utterly compelling, Osama won the Golden Globe for Best Foreign Language film and has been critically acclaimed around the world.

A twelve year-old girl and her widowed mother, who works secretly in a hospital, are nearly arrested when the brutal Taliban raid the hospital and haul the women doctors off to jail. Forbidden to make a living, and with father, brother and uncles all deceased, the girl’s mother and elderly grandmother hatch a dangerous plan to cut her hair and dress her as a boy – ‘Osama’ – so she can go out and work. She begins working for a kindly shopkeeper, but faces imminent exposure when she is rounded up with the other boys and forced to attend Taliban school.

I went to see "Monsters vs. aliens" at the cinema yesterday. It was fun. It's a nice, funny, cute movie.

well, i usually watch a couple of movies everyday, mostly downloaded from Dmasti.pk , today i watched "The Red Canvas" "Hit and Run" "The Number 23" and now gonna watch "Revolver" and "Hitman".....ya ya ya .... i know u must be thinking do i do anything other then this? infact i am on leave from office these days, have to go through my ICMAP (Final Examinations) due since 2001, anyhow when i get bored i watch movies and i never watch one at a time....so....

two excellent movies about the deep south in the US, one set in the 60s and the other in the 90s about race relations.

A TIME TO KILL
MISSISSIPPI BURNING

The kite runner a real good movie in a very long time ,saw it in STAR movies.

Back
Top Bottom