What's new

LandWind vs RANGE ROVER, XiaoMi HuaWei vs Iphone ... 'Copy' is a good thing !

People need to stop thinking of the Landwind as a Range Rover copy.

It's actually a low cost SUV with a factory 'Range Rover' body kit.

Also why do you need more horsepower?

People are not going to be street racing a SUV.

Furthermore, the vast majority of Chinese buyers are not going off-road in this thing.

This is a cheap 'people carrier' that the average Chinese buyer can afford, period.

If you want a real SUV with true off-road capabilities, get the real Range Rover (not the Evoque) or the Mercedes G-Class.

You are kidding right? Slapping on a turbo to a non-turbo engine cost alot of money. You are going to have to change the pistons and conrods to a much stronger (and expensive) type to withstand the FI, maybe the crankshaft too. Then you would need change the gearbox to a stronger one than a non-turbo engine would normally need. Then change the fuel injection system for a higher capacity one. Change the exhaust system like the cat converter to pass the emission regulation.

If done aftermarket, all these needed parts often cost more than the non-turbo engine itself and people usually just buy a factory turbo engine and fit that in to save cost and increase reliability.
That Landwind is turbocharged 2.0T

People need to stop thinking of the Landwind as a Range Rover copy.

It's actually a low cost SUV with a factory 'Range Rover' body kit.

Also why do you need more horsepower?

People are not going to be street racing a SUV.

Furthermore, the vast majority of Chinese buyers are not going off-road in this thing.

This is a cheap 'people carrier' that the average Chinese buyer can afford, period.

If you want a real SUV with true off-road capabilities, get the real Range Rover (not the Evoque) or the Mercedes G-Class.
Well ... what i discuss here is the economical & practical type car which normal Chinese families can afford, 60,000~140,000 RMB price is OKay for most Chinese middle-class. Such Range Rover or Mercedes G-class SUV usually too expensive for wage-earning class (well cheaper than many house price) ... Here the point is 'China Copy' helping to cost down car price and that benefit millions of Chinese families ... if ppl still wanna a good SUV, i think below China domestic car (military quality) cheaper than a Mercedes G-class.
080130214735852.jpg

20110815113314712.jpg

We welcome such 'China Copy', which help to normal Chinese 'Driving Dream' !

Last edited:
frankly, it is a shame to copy other's work like that. even as simple as doing homework in my early primary school yrs, i was never allowed to copy other's work which is losing face. if i were the boss of this crap land wind, i would fire the designers immediately.

frankly, it is a shame to copy other's work like that. even as simple as doing homework in my early primary school yrs, i was never allowed to copy other's work which is losing face. if i were the boss of this crap land wind, i would fire the designers immediately.

Luckily and surprisingly, you are not the boss :D

Read it up:

cnleio said:
"Well ... what i discuss here is the economical & practical type car which normal Chinese families can afford, 60,000~140,000 RMB price is OKay for most Chinese middle-class. Such Range Rover or Mercedes G-class SUV usually too expensive for wage-earning class (well cheaper than many house price) ... Here the point is 'China Copy' helping to cost down car price and that benefit millions of Chinese families ... if ppl still wanna a good SUV, i think below China domestic car (military quality) cheaper than a Mercedes G-class."

Luckily and surprisingly, you are not the boss :D

Read it up:

cnleio said:
"Well ... what i discuss here is the economical & practical type car which normal Chinese families can afford, 60,000~140,000 RMB price is OKay for most Chinese middle-class. Such Range Rover or Mercedes G-class SUV usually too expensive for wage-earning class (well cheaper than many house price) ... Here the point is 'China Copy' helping to cost down car price and that benefit millions of Chinese families ... if ppl still wanna a good SUV, i think below China domestic car (military quality) cheaper than a Mercedes G-class."
that is not an excuse. changing the car's appearance a little bit to make sure it is not just identical to the original one is not hard at all, and won't necessarily incease the cost. u don't do it because u don't have a sense of shame, no other reason. i don't want the people here in pdf just think EVERY chinese is like that. indeed, this copycat action is hated in china as well, big-name companies are trying everything to aviod that charges, even sometimes they did copy (or been inspired, more mildly to say). this land wind is a small nobody in china's car industry.

that is not an excuse. changing the car's appearance a little bit to make sure it is not just identical to the original one is not hard at all, and won't necessarily incease the cost. u don't do it because u don't have a sense of shame, no other reason. i don't want the people here in pdf just think EVERY chinese is like that. indeed, this copycat action is hated in china as well, big-name companies are trying everything to aviod that charges, even sometimes they did copy (or been inspired, more mildly to say). this land wind is a small nobody in china's car industry.

Definitely. And the OP indicates it clearly. It is a two-pronged development. And it is definitely a progress given that China has already produced several international companies.

'LandWind' X7 is a good-looking SUV with 2.0T turbo engine (Mitsubishi) ... it will be better if price can cost down further. Im sure this year JMC company can make huge money after 'LandWind' X7 SUV launch ... if u r a BOSS, u will reward ur designers. LOL :rofl:
'LandWind' X7 SUV ad

2375685.jpg

1116187263_14389982606161n.jpg

47wsnfnF4c1439789530110017143978953011.jpg

6d3d_nr90zb_bLa.jpg

Last edited:
'LandWind' X7 is a good-looking SUV with 2.0T turbo engine (Mitsubishi) ... it will be better if price can cost down further. Im sure this year JMC company can make huge money after 'LandWind' X7 SUV launch ... if u r a BOSS, u will reward ur designers. LOL :rofl:
'LandWind' X7 SUV ad

View attachment 248931
View attachment 248934
View attachment 248935
View attachment 248936

I don'T think ranking at no. 55 among suv sales is a good result.
手机选车网

copycating another crap is also hard to understand. yes, Range Rover is a poorly built crap, always on the bottom of each year's car consumer report in usa.

I don'T think ranking at no. 55 among suv sales is a good result.
手机选车网

copycating another crap is also hard to understand. yes, Range Rover is a poorly built crap, always on the bottom of each year's car consumer report in usa.
I think u used the wrong data, coz latest 'LandWind' X7 SUVs just for sale at 2015 July and August automobile market ... i don't find the 'LandWind' X7 listed there ... those 'LandWind' SUV must be former version sales like 'LandWind' X5 etc.

预计售15万左右 陆风X7将于6月正式上市
620x0_1_q87_20150811102719894.jpg

'LandWind' X5 SUV
2012112218320754547.jpg

The problem with copying is you can never surpass the original brand !
Not really, my American friend. You practically invented car but the Japanese copied you and there is not a single soul on this earth who can claim you make better car than Japan. Truth really indeed hurts! LOL

Not really, my American friend. You practically invented car but the Japanese copied you and there is not a single soul on this earth who can claim you make better car than Japan. Truth really indeed hurts! LOL
Detroit Motown bankrupt, NOKIA bankrupt, SONY lossing ... sure one day those 'Copy' will defeat Original-maker, Impossible is Nothing ! :coffee:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom