What's new

LandWind vs RANGE ROVER, XiaoMi HuaWei vs Iphone ... 'Copy' is a good thing !

Well um I think the top 4 passenger cars by sales are Japanese (ie not including trucks SUVs)

Maybe. I will take your word. But Japanese cars aren't known for their rough and tough image which most people including me like to drive.

The tastes of consumers might be changing which is why their sales are going up.

And oh! Full credits to japanese people for their extreme obsessiveness with driving up supply chain efficiency.

Don't you mean Lexus? And Infiniti/Nissan, Acura/Honda?

Doesn't matter. Point I am driving here is because of the brand equity, they had to launch a new line up altogether.

Is look-alike a good thing for the Evoque?
AR-308109959.jpg&MaxW=700&cci_ts=20150810160632

Automotive News
August 10, 2015 - 12:01 am ET
That oft-discussed Chinese SUV that resembles the Range Rover Evoque so much went on sale in China last week at about a third of the price of its doppelganger.

About 5,500 people put down deposits for the Land Wind X7, says Bloomberg. The X7 is available at a starting price of 135,000 yuan ($21,700). The Evoque starts at 398,000 yuan ($64,000).

The models feature similar broad fenders, recessed door panels and a sloping roof. Jaguar Land Rover CEO Ralf Speth has complained about China's "copy-and-paste" vehicles but says JLR has no legal recourse.

The U.K. automaker fears the cheap look-alike will make it harder for the Evoque to command a premium price in China's softening market. However, at least one analyst thinks the Land Wind X7 may be a good thing for the Evoque.

Range Rover Evoque lookalike goes on sale in China
AR-150809922.jpg&MaxW=622&cci_ts=20150805061937

August 5, 2015 11:22 CET
(Bloomberg) -- An SUV that resembles the Range Rover Evoque will go on sale in China this week at nearly a third of the price.

About 5,500 people have put down deposits for the Landwind X7, which will be available in dealerships from Thursday at a starting price of 135,000 yuan ($21,700). The Evoque, which is Jaguar Land Rover's best-selling model worldwide, starts at 398,000 yuan ($64,000).

Both models feature similar broad fenders, recessed door panels and a sloping roof.

At the Shanghai auto show earlier this year, where the Landwind X7 was on display, JLR CEO Ralf Speth complained about the the rise of Chinese "copy-and-paste" vehicles. The UK-based carmaker investigated whether Landwind had copied design elements of the Evoque but said it can take no action.

JLR fears that a cheap lookalike will make it harder for the Evoque to command a premium price, especially as automakers step up discounting and offer cheaper variants to bolster sales in a softening market.

The British premium carmaker, owned by India's Tata Motors, has cut its prices and sales targets in China as deliveries there slumped 27 percent this year through June.

However, some analysts believe the Landwind X7 may actually help to lift Evoque sales. "Somehow, it helps Land Rover to promote the Evoque," said John Zeng, Shanghai-based managing director at industry research group LMC Automotive. "There are more media reports and consumers understand that the X7 is a copycat," he said.

Our evolution in car is similar to a Computer or a Smartphone. We start off not well-known and slowly dominate the PC industry and smartphone now. Soon, car is next on the plate as we start to get warm up to the idea of affordable luxury super car. Soon everyone, include our Indian friends, can afford a 40,000 super car. Raise your hand up if that what you want! LOL

Our evolution in car is similar to a Computer or a Smartphone. We start off not well-known and slowly dominate the PC industry and smartphone now. Soon, car is next on the plate as we start to get warm up to the idea of affordable luxury super car. Soon everyone, include our Indian friends, can afford a 40,000 super car. Raise your hand up if that what you want! LOL
I think so ... but 40,000 RMB new car is not the cheapest sales in China, the cheapest is the 20,000 ~ 30,000+ RMB new car and many options. I heard India TATA's NANO car only sell 10,000+ RMB, is that true ?

Well ... now some cheapest cars selling in China, Part I
JiangNan "Alto" mini car, 1L price 21 thousand ~ 25 thousand RMB
auto1.jpg

auto2.jpg

auto3.jpg

auto4.jpg

auto44.jpg

auto5.jpg

auto8.jpg

auto6.jpg

Last edited:
Now some cheapest cars selling in China, Part VII

TianJin FAW "Charade A+", 1.0L price 31+ thousand RMB
xia1.jpg
xia2.jpg
xia3.jpg
xia4.jpg
xia5.jpg
xia6.jpg
xia7.jpg

Now some cheapest cars selling in China, Part VIII

Geely "Freedom Ship", 1.0L price 34+ thousand RMB
Freedom Ship1.jpg
Freedom Ship2.jpg
Freedom Ship3.jpg
Freedom Ship4.jpg
Freedom Ship5.jpg
Freedom Ship6.jpg
Freedom Ship7.jpg
Freedom Ship8.jpg

Now some cheapest cars selling in China, Part X

JAC "YueYue" J2, 1.0L price 38+ thousand RMB :D
YY1.jpg
YY2.jpg
YY3.jpg
YY4.jpg
YY5.jpg
YY6.jpg
YY7.jpg
YY8.jpg

There'r more than 10x types of cheapest cars selling in China automobile market, 90% r domestic brand with 30 thousand RMB price range. So today China automobile makers can offer different afforded cars for each class families even the poor ... currently 30 thousand RMB is the lowest price, but domestic automobile industry as same as the phone development it will be cheaper further. :enjoy:

'Copy' Phone ==> 'Copy' Car, China UPDATED ! :coffee:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom