What's new

LandWind vs RANGE ROVER, XiaoMi HuaWei vs Iphone ... 'Copy' is a good thing !

Looking-like Range Rover,the 'Copy' vs the 'Copy' vs the 'Copy', Part III :azn:

ChangAn CS75 SUV, price: 100 ~ 140 thousand RMB
ChangAn CS75 1.jpg

ChangAn CS75 2.jpg

ChangAn CS75 3.jpg

ChangAn CS75 4.jpg

ChangAn CS75 5.jpg

Last edited:
This time Mr Leio want to talk special feeling in the real life, just last week my father gave me a call ... the old man said buying a new car. Well ... ... this thing make Mr Leio remind the old poor time, 30 years ago in 1980s my parents only earn 100+ RMB per month when they as young as today me, at that time they living in a small dormitory and bike to work, they never thought future one day will be houses owner and driving the car ... until to 56-year-age my parents finished their "China Dream". Although my parents is the last family to own private car compared with relatives families, they still did it ... today the young generation early time (25~30+ age) to own car, I think the whole familia now can organize 7x cars fleet on road =).

They bought China FAW Group's domestic brand "森雅S80", 7-seat 1.5L-AT SUV, total spent 70,000+ RMB a cheap price ... although original-designed car come from Japan Daihatsu, China FAW 'Copy' & OEM in China ... if not, the same imported one from Japan will be twice times price.
View attachment 248550

'Copy' is a f@cking good thing, from XiaoMi HuaWei to China local automoblie makers ... at the beginning 1st step all from the 'Copy', studying foreign advantage & experience to improve ourselves, and benefit Chinese ppl for example price cost down. Yes, not only 'Copy' also depend on Chinese intelligence & hard-working.:-)

XiaoMi's MI4
View attachment 248551

HuaWei's P8
View attachment 248552

Apple's Iphone6 Plus
View attachment 248555

Another great thread bro! More !

To surpass the original brand, copying is a necessary stage and shortcut.

So what car brand do you own, Sutoka-chan?

:)

Take for example the Landwind. If I was in charge of this project, I would have gave the landwind x7 300 hp not 187 hp.

lol.....that would put it into 15l/100km category, and where i live would push it up in sales tax considerably. Also, registration would be more expensive. For example, an M3 with 343 Hp's....1500€'s for a year in registration fees.

In other words, your target clientele would not be able to afford one.

Last edited:
lol.....that would put it into 15l/100km category, and where i live would push it up in sales tax considerably. Also, registration would be more expensive. For example, an M3 with 343 Hp's....1500€'s for a year in registration fees.

In other words, your target clientele would not be able to afford one.
not really. If you know anything about cars, putting more horses with a turbocharged engine is not hard or expensive to do.

Well ... about 2014 China Automobile Market, The most sale car is a domestic brand WuLing "HongGuang" MPV made by SAIC-GM-WULING automobile maker. 2014 total sold 750,000x "HongGuang" MPV in China, Auto Sales N.o1 in 2014.
五菱宏光销量全球第四 成中国最受欢迎家轿之一
五菱宏光再创神话 2014年汽车销量数据

acde19318ade8b36b6f9a7d2f7.jpeg

The WuLing "HongGuang" 1.5L MPV only sell 40,000+ RMB a cheaper price ... but it's the most popular MPV in Chinese villages, Chinese folks love the big space to carrying more ppl & goods. It's a perfect car for Chinese: 1. Cheaper price. 2. Big space. 3. 1.5L engine max 112hp. :D
hongguan1.jpg

hongguan2.jpg

hongguan3.jpg

hongguan4.jpg

hongguan5.jpg

hongguan6.jpg

hongguan8.jpg

hongguan7.jpg

Last edited:
not really. If you know anything about cars, putting more horses with a turbocharged engine is not hard or expensive to do.

lol.....you didn't even understand what i was saying.

Setting that aside, once you up the engine from 180 to 300Hp, that brings with it all sorts of issues that need solving. First in line, more expensive tyres (tyres are certified for up to X speed), better suspension, better brakes, better seats, stronger, sturdier chassis to better cope with enhanced acceleration and deceleration and so on and so forth....

Any imbecile with a wrench can install an after market turbo....but for how long that engine will work and the car will be in one piece after a substantial power increase is anyone's guess.

If i'm allowed an anecdote.....i have a neighbour...he has an 80's Peugeot 205GTi for a fun car(a rally legend at the time)...i swear, every Sunday he is under that car fixing something....after he spent the Saturday driving around. He has all sorts of after market upgrades on it, new turbo, new catalyst, exhaust, suspension...and all the time it's broken....he says it's maintenance and i'm too courteous to laugh in his face....

Last edited:
In China, domestic automobile produce more like the smartphone development ... next years car sales will be more cheaper, it's the benefit bring to Chinese ppl by the 'Copy' ! :D

Last edited:

You are kidding right? Slapping on a turbo to a non-turbo engine cost alot of money. You are going to have to change the pistons and conrods to a much stronger (and expensive) type to withstand the FI, maybe the crankshaft too. Then you would need change the gearbox to a stronger one than a non-turbo engine would normally need. Then change the fuel injection system for a higher capacity one. Change the exhaust system like the cat converter to pass the emission regulation.

If done aftermarket, all these needed parts often cost more than the non-turbo engine itself and people usually just buy a factory turbo engine and fit that in to save cost and increase reliability.

Back
Top Bottom