What's new

Lance Naik Nazir Ahmad Wani to be posthumously conferred with Ashoka Chakra

Theparadox

Reaction score
Country
India
Wani was operating with the 34 Rashtriya Rifles on November 23 when intelligence was received regarding the presence of six heavily armed Hizbul and Lashkar terrorists at Batagund village.
Express Web Desk |New Delhi |Published: January 23, 2019 11:48:10 pm
1.1K Shares

DtD20EiWsAAOtgo

A photo of an army officer consoling Lance Naik Nazir Ahmad Wani’s father. (Twitter)
India’s highest peacetime gallantry medal, the Ashoka Chakra, will be awarded posthumously to Lance Naik Nazir Ahmad Wani, who laid down his life during an anti-terror operation at Batagund village in J&K’s Shopian in November last year.

Wani was operating with the 34 Rashtriya Rifles on November 23 when intelligence was received regarding the presence of six heavily armed Hizbul and Lashkar terrorists at Batagund village.

A resident of Kulgam, Wani and his team was tasked to block the likely escape route of the terrorists.

“Sensing danger, the terrorists attempted breaching the inner cordon, firing indiscriminately and lobbing grenades. Undeterred by the situation, Wani held ground and eliminated one terrorist in a fierce exchange at close range,” the statement said.

The 38-year-old next closed in on a house where another terrorist was hiding. As the terrorist tried to flee, Wani encountered him in a hand to hand combat situation. Despite being wounded, he eliminated the terrorist. However, he succumbed to his injuries later in a hospital.

Wani was given a 21-gun salute and hundreds of villagers were present as the body was taken for burial.

https://indianexpress.com/article/india/ashoka-chakra-lance-naik-nazir-ahmad-wani-5552977/

It's sad; with Indian Occupied Kashmir having one of the lowest employment rates in all of Asia; many young men have no other choice but to find employment in the security forces. Fighting as mercenaries to suppress their own people; just as the British did to the Indians. No wonder the desertion and suicide rates are so high.

I pity them.

Express Web Desk |New Delhi |Published: January 23, 2019 11:48:10 pm
1.1K Shares

DtD20EiWsAAOtgo

A photo of an army officer consoling Lance Naik Nazir Ahmad Wani’s father. (Twitter)
India’s highest peacetime gallantry medal, the Ashoka Chakra, will be awarded posthumously to Lance Naik Nazir Ahmad Wani, who laid down his life during an anti-terror operation at Batagund village in J&K’s Shopian in November last year.

A resident of Kulgam, Wani and his team was tasked to block the likely escape route of the terrorists.

“Sensing danger, the terrorists attempted breaching the inner cordon, firing indiscriminately and lobbing grenades. Undeterred by the situation, Wani held ground and eliminated one terrorist in a fierce exchange at close range,” the statement said.

The 38-year-old next closed in on a house where another terrorist was hiding. As the terrorist tried to flee, Wani encountered him in a hand to hand combat situation. Despite being wounded, he eliminated the terrorist. However, he succumbed to his injuries later in a hospital.

Wani was given a 21-gun salute and hundreds of villagers were present as the body was taken for burial.

https://indianexpress.com/article/india/ashoka-chakra-lance-naik-nazir-ahmad-wani-5552977/

Take a bow Nazir saab !

It's sad; with Indian Occupied Kashmir having one of the lowest employment rates in all of Asia; many young men have no other choice but to find employment in the security forces. Fighting as mercenaries to suppress their own people; just as the British did to the Indians. No wonder the desertion and suicide rates are so high.

I pity them.

They don't need your pity, visit Kashmir and help them

merlin_134961126_2de21b45-fb59-4187-a334-11bec915c2d5-superJumbo.jpg

Men from neighboring villages sell chocolates and other items, from selfie sticks to cigarettes, to tourists in Gulmarg.

merlin_134961318_11348413-84fd-4ae4-a122-3c1c2261da17-superJumbo.jpg

A canteen on the top of a mountain in Gulmarg.

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/a-family-ski-adventure-in-the-himalayas-the-new-york-times.598490/

I pity them.
I know it's hard for you to understand a Indian fighting for what's right and believed in. We all know Pakistan was so powerful that British failed to colonize it and was beacon of resistance across the globe.

Death to 7 lakh Indian occupier terrorists.

Even muslims fighting against Kashmiris will not be rewarded by Allah because they are occupiers and mercenaries.

Even muslims fighting against Kashmiris will not be rewarded by Allah because they are occupiers and mercenaries.
They are Indians having loyalty & commitment to this land without a shred of doubt!

I pity them.

Apparently there status is just like dhobi ka kutta na ghar ka. Na ghat ka

Read this:

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/no-n...wanis-family-on-winning-ashoka-chakra.598670/

Nazi collaborators didn't get much respect either at their funerals.

Do you know the TOTAL Strenght of Indian Army is 13 Lakh, How can 7 Lakh Soldiers occupy 135 km long x 32 km wide Area ? Is that EVEN Remotely Possible ?

Please Answer me. I have seen you REPEATING the SAME Lie again n Again.

Do you know the TOTAL Strenght of Indian Army is 13 Lakh, How can 7 Lakh Soldiers occupy 135 km long x 32 km wide Area ? Is that EVEN Remotely Possible ?

Please Answer me. I have seen you REPEATING the SAME Lie again n Again.

How, when, where, can, etc is for Army professionals to answer. I have quoted the number from Gen Musharraf and few other military proffesionals. Govt of Pakistan also have similar information. Many Kashmiri officials have also quoted similar number. have also

So, it is not us who are liers but you guys who are fooled and brain washed by your top 3's i.e., media, army and govt, who are infact manipulating and playing with your brain to keep their pockets warm.

Btw IOK is not 135 km x 32 km...lol

Back
Top Bottom