What's new

Lahori food from the eyes of a Karachiite

dude i am from lahore.. its chiken makhni for sure
look the chunks in the handi! too white to be chicken .. also the cut and size suggests more in the direction of Paneer than chicken. but i may be wrong !!!!

look the chunks in the handi! too white to be chicken .. also the cut and size suggests more in the direction of Paneer than chicken. but i may be wrong !!!!

bhai app jo kah rhy ho it make sense.. but i ve being having this handi everytime i go out with my familly and it is one of my fevr8 dish.. app aoo khbi lahore i,ll take u to the DERA where the best makhni is surved

u can find defferent types of makhni here in lahore few are red or lite golden in colour but the real creamy makkhni is white in colour

bhai app jo kah rhy ho it make sense.. but i ve being having this handi everytime i go out with my familly and it is one of my fevr8 dish.. app aoo khbi lahore i,ll take u to the DERA where the best makhni is surved

u can find defferent types of makhni here in lahore few are red or lite golden in colour but the real creamy makkhni is white in colour
You must be true being local. But in india Makhni will always be red or golden ( 9 out of 10 times ) .. the dish ( white in color) we call malai ( or cream: no water is used only pure malai ;) ) chicken/paneer. Another excellent dish white in color is Mutton Rezala ( three versions : Bhopali, Lucknow and Kolkata) .

You must be true being local. But in india Makhni will always be red or golden ( 9 out of 10 times ) .. the dish ( white in color) we call malai ( or cream: no water is used only pure malai ;) ) chicken/paneer. Another excellent dish white in color is Mutton Rezala ( three versions : Bhopali, Lucknow and Kolkata) .

Apparently you are right, that's Chicken Malai Handi but in Pakistan it's mostly cooked with cream not paneer

Don't forget some Oregano!

That is in the sauce, I buy a 50 pound box of tomato every summer make few different sauces and freeze it and use it all year long...me love Italian food.

BBQ at Kolachi yummy:omg:
ImageUploadedByDefence.pk1419781313.866655.jpg

ImageUploadedByDefence.pk1419781323.205474.jpg

Did any one have experience in Lal Qilla at Shah Faisal colony Karachi?

They do but I live on the far west side: Vancouver. All white or chinese here

You've got no choice then, a visit to Montreal for Lahori fish is a must.

Might as well peruse the old churches and museums while you're here, they're alright.

The fish is the genuine article though. So awesome.

Attachments

• 1419808654099.jpg
    1419808654099.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 15
Back
Top Bottom