What's new

Lahore to decide....PTI or PMLN ?

Lahore belongs to

• Total voters
Ali Right wing in Pakistan is Jamat, PMLs. Majority right wing party is PMLN. Jamat do not get many votes :-) although i wish they win. But jammat has created an organization call Jamiyat which creates hatred in ppl towards them :) Even i hate jamiyat ;)

still doesnt address the fact that PMLN sets no guidelines and has no vision for itself or for the constituency is claims it represents. It's a Punjab-centric party, and that isnt what the country needs.

among the ranks of their supporters are fundos and bigots, and that isnt what the country needs.

do people really believe that IK will capture "right-wing" vote?

what is "right-wing" anyways......its it Jamaat Islami?

or is it PML-N --- a party known to have sympathizers who are active in sectarian groups in Pakistan....the bald-man himself is a closet fundo

in fact that is a problem, the more the right wing vote/candidates the less the chance of progressive and moderate Pakistan... the vision of IK/Alvi/Omar are for every single soul, but the right wing want to take the whole pie...

PMLN is very dangerous because it is facilitating the extremist elements in rural areas as pointed out by Aisha Saddique, and these madrissa are giving taliban style education, fully brainwashing children with hatred.

just as last day's firing on PTI office in lahore shows the frustration level in the ranks of Nawaz group, it makes perfect sense that they would go to any level to make sure they stay in power.

PMLN is Purely Family Politics and Qabza Mafia, Lack of professionals is big demerit of PMLN , that's why PMLN topple over in 2001
elections having only 18 seats. These days PMLN have about 70+ MNAs, Most of MNAs are "Lotas", they remained in, PPP then
turned to Musharaf party after "Marshallah" in 1999/98, Again few of them joined PML N. Say No to "PPPP" and "PMLN" or be a victim again.

Great!!! Congratulation to you as well!!
But…For me everything which glitters are not gold ever…plain and simple!!!
For reasons someone like you joining the PTI…are the reasons I’m against it!!

You think IK/PTI is honest and straight forwards, I believe he/they are actually dis-honest and full of contradictions even in the begining!!

You think IK/PTI will not compromise on Principles, I believe they are already doing it right now!!

You think IK/PTI are extra-ordinary in our politics, I believe they are pretty ordinary in every sense!!

You think IK/PTI believes what they say to public, I believe they are misguiding the public actually!!

You think IK/PTI are self-made, I believe they are planted and groomed like every other leader and party!!

You think IK/PTI is the party for young; I believer it should be of Matures!!

And last but not the least;

You think IK/PTI stands for change; I believe they are exactly for Status Quo!!

Nevetheless; Thanks for your offer!!

Well I really want to believe:

Nawaz group has done many good things for the country as per what his supporters say.

Altaf Hussain group has done many good things for the country as per what his supporters say.

Zardari group has done many good things for the country as per what his supporters say.

And so did all other political parties who were and are part of the previous governments and the present government as per what their supporters say.

Also the Military rulers who were in power had done many good things for the country as per what their supporters say.

Now, if all the people mentioned above really "did good things for the nation"
and were either part of the government or were governing the nation, then, shouldn't Pakistan be a prosperous nation and one of the developed and strong countries.

So shall I still believe that we are walking slow steps forward as a nation let alone going forward by leaps and bounds?

The answer of Lahore is overwhelmingly clear: We support Imran Khan.No matter how much his critics hate him he will become Pakistan's PM one day...Nawaz can only have dreams about getting PM slot again.

i don't think there is right wing left wing divide left in pakistan now. people just want honest and sincere leadership that can solve their problems.

i don't think there is right wing left wing divide left in pakistan now. people just want honest and sincere leadership that can solve their problems.

+1. I second that. People are now more interested in good governance and stability and progress of the country than this wing thing.

with thinking like this, hopefully so !

COMMENT: I, Pakistan —Fahd Husain

For those few hours, I felt my ethnic, provincial, and even professional identity being subsumed by my national one. It felt good to be a Pakistani

You just had to be there. I was. And I stood there, on top of the 16 foot container, and looked at the sea of people shouting, clapping, laughing, dancing and waving flags.

It was mesmerising. It was electrifying.

They came in waves, and kept on coming. Men, women, teenagers, children, families, almost every demographic one can think of. They were all there. And they were pumped up. Seriously pumped up. A teeming multitude that blended into one massive, pulsating kilometre of synchronised humanity. As daylight morphed into twilight, then dissolved into brightly illuminated darkness, Minto Park ignited into a maelstrom of deafening roars, thunderous drumbeats and booming motivational music.

The air was infectious, the mood contagious. The atmosphere was surreal — and political. This was like no other jalsa. And it has shaken Pakistani politics, and politicians, to the core.

Today Imran Khan elicits sniggers no more. Those five hours on October 30th in the city of Lahore, under the shadow of the Minar-e-Pakistan, have transformed the struggling dreamer into a political rock star. He is the man to beat, because suddenly he is driving the national political narrative.

“But wait,” say traditional politicians, “this was a good jalsa, but it was just that, a jalsa. It is not like he has won the election.”

True. There is a long, snaky and tortuous road ahead for Khan and his Under-19 team. What he pulled off that night was remarkable. But sometimes remarkable is not good enough. Imran may rise and rise from here on, or he may crash and burn at the hustings, slain by the cruel sword of constituency power politics, rooted in kinship and patronage. Predicting outcomes would be a waste of space.

Which is why analysing the Lahore rally in terms of eventual political outcomes would be to misread what exactly happened there that evening. What I saw, and what I felt, went deeper than that. And it epitomised something that is bigger than Imran Khan, bigger than his party, and bigger than all the politicians and their agendas put together.

On that cool and balmy Lahore evening, standing atop that container, I imagined a future draped in colours of hope.

No, this hope was not borne of partisanship, or political loyalty, or even an after-effect of the right words spoken the right way. This hope, perhaps, was an amalgam of a kaleidoscope of emotions, visible in the form of a collective yearning. A yearning for a better life; for justice; for peace and for a society in which every man, woman and child enjoys equal opportunity. A yearning for equality before law and an end to exploitation. A yearning for dignity, for tolerance, and for the protection of the weak.

For those few hours, I felt my ethnic, provincial, and even professional identity being subsumed by my national one. All my internal conflicts, contradictions, acrimony, cynicism, sarcasm, antagonism, despondency, bitterness and rancour seemed to melt away, and I experienced a warm glow as happy emotions welled up.

It felt good to be a Pakistani.

Can you imagine this feeling? Every living moment, we Pakistanis are bombarded with negativity. Terrorism, nepotism, corruption, injustice, exploitation, bigotry, intolerance, topped off by the devastating effects of a collapsing economy. In Quaid’s country, life has been, and is, nasty. Wherever we go, the world pours scorn on us, and the green passport sparks off red alerts. We crib, we moan and we indulge in self-loathing. We envy India, we hate the US and we grovel in front of the Saudis. As a result, we are made to feel like we have no self-respect.

This hurts. It feels bad. We feel angry, bitter, vengeful, and generally negative.

But not that evening in Lahore. That day we felt good. I felt good. Tens of thousands of fellow Pakistanis, together under one huge green and white flag, dreaming of a better tomorrow, as Strings belted out emotional lyrics about a Pakistan where “roti hogi sasti, aur mehangi hogi jaan” (bread will be cheap, but not life). I saw Pakistanis crying as they waved flags, swayed to the tunes and yearned for a shore that glimmers on the horizon. They cried for the broken promises, for lives ruined and for a future that their kids deserve but may not get. But they also laughed, danced and screamed because they felt one, bound together by a failed past, and a hopeful future.

This was beyond politics. This was nationalism not seen outside cricket stadiums.This was about being Pakistanis, pure and simple. I, Pakistani. Nothing else mattered. This was a resounding message for all those who say Pakistan is a failed state. That evening, Pakistan the concept, was right there in front of the whole world, living, breathing and screaming.

Yes we are. Yes we can.

All Imran Khan can do is channelise this emotion. He did not create it. He did not even fan it. All he did was dust it off the shelf and assemble it. It does not belong to him. It certainly does not belong to the traditional political parties. This raw Pakistaniat, if it gains momentum, will drive politics, not be driven by it. Asif Zardari and Nawaz Sharif can only ignore it at their own peril.

The rally is over but its hangover hovers in the air. Soon it too will dissipate. Politics may soon flow back into its old biradari (clan), thaana/katchery (police station/courts) patronage grooves. Imran may become a victim of his own idealism as traditional power structures squeeze him like an enraged python.

But that flash of emotion I felt for a few hours that evening, standing atop a container in Lahore’s Minto Park, will keep burning a small but intense flame inside of me, a reminder that there is a dream called Pakistan.

And it is still very much alive.

The writer hosts a primetime show on a private TV channel. He can be reached at fahd.husain1@gmail.com

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you were there, you felt nothing else but what Fahad has described !

viva la :pakistan:

still doesnt address the fact that PMLN sets no guidelines and has no vision for itself or for the constituency is claims it represents. It's a Punjab-centric party, and that isnt what the country needs.

among the ranks of their supporters are fundos and bigots, and that isnt what the country needs.

punjabis dont support him bcz he is punjabi

there are other reason.

Fact is he is not even a Punjabi :) He is Kashmiri :)

You are right there. Imran Khan is just as Punjabi as Nawaz Sharif. Both were born in Punjab and Imran Khan is more Punjabi Pakistani than Nawaz Sharif because Imran Khan's father's side is originally from Mianwali in Punjab Province of Pakistan while Nawaz is originally from nowhere in Punjab province of Pakistan.

However, their ethnic origin is irrelevant. Imran Khan is not corrupt and is not a thief. Nawaz's stomach is never full.

---------- Post added at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 PM ----------

Titanic of PML-N to be sinked: Imran Khan

LAHORE: Chairman Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf Imran Khan said that the Tsunami of popularity of PTI will sink the political Titanic of Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N).

He was addressing the party organizers of Lahore, Kasur, Sheikhupura and Nankana Sahib at a local hotel on Friday.

Welcoming the new comers to the party, the PTI Chairman said that party workers would never be ignored as they were very important for the party.

He congratulated the party organizers for holding a successful meeting at Minar-i-Pakistan. On this occasion PTI Lahore region president Mian Mahmood-ur-Rashid also addressed the party workers.

Titanic of PML-N to be sinked: Imran Khan | Pakistan | DAWN.COM

The titanic has already started sinking in October 30th :pakistan:

Back
Top Bottom