What's new

Lahore Should Be Developed Like Delhi: Pak Minister

hahaha this is what you came up with. world doesn't give rat's @ss about your LUMS, ITU or whatever. heck no one even knows about it even in S Asia.

What would a troll like you know abt these univs tht are ranked in the top 200 in the world..

if you have such a good healthcare why your people flock to India for treatment?

Even americans go to india for tht... its called "medical tourism".. cheaper treatment..

come and live in Indian cities to feel what 'power' can do :lol:

Lol.. no i dnt want to live in polluted,ghetto like indian cities.

Lahore has okayish infrastructure, it is comparable to Mumbai, Chennai, Bangalore. It may beat Indian cities like Hyderabad or Kolkata. Whereas Delhi is Superior in infrastructure and facilities than all other South Asian Metro cities. Islamabad is beautiful no doubt but its a small town, comparable to Chandigarh in India.

Pakistan lack quality Tier II and Tier III towns. India has HUGE number of Tier II and Tier III towns. Sheer number swings it in favor of India. Compare any Tier II Pakistani city to Indian Tier II city like Ludhiana, Nagpur, Cochin etc and you will get your answer. India today is light years ahead. Pakistani Tier II cities are atrocious, one should see Amritsar Airport, Ludhiana Metro to realize decades development gap that has emerged between two neighbors.

I agree with most of your points but Lahore can't be compared to Mumbai, the only skyscraper city of S Asia. Mumbai can't be compared to any city because its one of its kind.

and not to forget the new and better cities coming up like Gurgaon, Navi Mumbai etc.

Lahore has okayish infrastructure, it is comparable to Mumbai, Chennai, Bangalore. It may beat Indian cities like Hyderabad or Kolkata. Whereas Delhi is Superior in infrastructure and facilities than all other South Asian Metro cities. Islamabad is beautiful no doubt but its a small town, comparable to Chandigarh in India.

Pakistan lack quality Tier II and Tier III towns. India has HUGE number of Tier II and Tier III towns. Sheer number swings it in favor of India. Compare any Tier II Pakistani city to Indian Tier II city like Ludhiana, Nagpur, Cochin etc and you will get your answer. India today is light years ahead. Pakistani Tier II cities are atrocious, one should see Amritsar Airport, Ludhiana Metro to realize decades development gap that has emerged between two neighbors.

Except for metro what does delhi have? and ur comparing Islamabad to chandigarh? are you serious!

I agree with most of your points but Lahore can't be compared to Mumbai, the only skyscraper city of S Asia. it can't be compared to any city because its one of its kind.

He is absolutely right. Except that he forgot to mention thousands of homeless sleeping on the roads and Baiwras.

@iam not greek

Lahore Railway station still looks archeological artifact or Purani Haveli.

Lahore%20Railway%20Station.11130.jpg

We are proud of our heritage..

Even stations in London are like that

Kings Cross

Kings_Cross_Station_Platforms,_London_-_Sept_2007.jpg

Paddington

Paddington_station.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Except for metro what does delhi have? and ur comparing Islamabad to chandigarh? are you serious!

1.It has a modern glass and steel airport-One of best in world in its category.
2.It has 190 km metro rail which will grow to ~500 km by 2021,It already has a BRT(like lahore metrobus) and will be getting a monorail too soon-to augment the metro.
3.A 150-200 kmph regional rapid transit rail is on the cards ,and even subcities are getting a metro-Gurgaon has already built one and Noida metro is under planning.
4.It has the best road infra in South Asia-I am talking about some 80 flyovers,many interchanges,intracity expressways like Yamuna , DND , Delhi Gurgaon expressway and like,

5.Newly developed parts of Delhi NCR like Greater Noida are planned.Projects in these parts include many skyscrapers too-Including a 300 metre tall one under construction.

@Panther 57 stop crying about homeless.Mumbai has worlds largest number of Supertalls under construction.It is one of a skyscrapercity,but that doesnt mean that infrastructire is weak-how many of your cities have a airport as modern as delhi,New mumbai airport is almost complete(it was even featured on Discovery Channels 'Build It Bigger' :azn:),Mumbai monorail & metro will be finished by 2013-2014,how many of your cities have infrastructure like Bandra Worli Sea link,SCLR,Eastern and Western Express Highway?

Lahore compared to Hyderabad??

Hyderabad has a modern airport which has been ranked among top 3 for 3 years in its category by Airport Council International,Lahore?

Hyderabad metro is under construction,it will be completed by 2016,what about Lahore?

Hyderabad Outer Ring road is 160 km long 8-12 lane + service lane access control one,look at lahore its just 4-6 lane,and even 2 & 3 wheelers are allowed!

1.It has a modern glass and steel airport-One of best in world in its category.

Nothing unique bro..

2.It has 190 km metro rail which will grow to ~500 km by 2021,It already has a BRT(like lahore metrobus) and will be getting a monorail too soon-to augment the metro.

Metro planned for Lahore,Karachi,Peshawar,Rwl-Islamabad even fsd.
4.It has the best road infra in South Asia-I am talking about some 80 flyovers,many interchanges,intracity expressways like Yamuna , DND , Delhi Gurgaon expressway and like,

One of the best... The best is Islamabad.... also (delhi) is more congested.. and has more populatio... than lahore.. as for flyovers its known as city of flyovers... @cb4 .... as for roads... dude i dnt want to even talk abt it.. :D
5.Newly developed parts of Delhi NCR like Greater Noida are planned.Projects in these parts include many skyscrapers too-Including a 300 metre tall one under construction.

Lahore is growing aswell.. but at the same time... they are restoring the old walled city.

It is one of a skyscrapercity,but that doesnt mean that infrastructire is weak-how many of your cities have a airport as modern as delhi
Yes i saw the fate of this airport in recent rains.

@<u><a href="http://www.defence.pk/forums/member.php?u=148723" target="_blank">Panther 57</a></u> stop crying about homeless.Mumbai has worlds largest number of Supertalls under construction.It is one of a skyscrapercity,but that doesnt mean that infrastructire is weak-how many of your cities have a airport as modern as delhi,New mumbai airport is almost complete(it was even featured on Discovery Channels 'Build It Bigger' :azn:),Mumbai monorail & metro will be finished by 2013-2014,how many of your cities have infrastructure like Bandra Worli Sea link,SCLR,Eastern and Western Express Highway?

Lahore compared to Hyderabad??

Hyderabad has a modern airport which has been ranked among top 3 for 3 years in its category by Airport Council International,Lahore?

Hyderabad metro is under construction,it will be completed by 2016,what about Lahore?

Hyderabad Outer Ring road is 160 km long 8-12 lane + service lane access control one,look at lahore its just 4-6 lane,and even 2 & 3 wheelers are allowed!

HERE IT IS

Recently i was in hyderabad for my admission i saw those ring roads and airport awsome its huge gotta say compared to kolkata is much better

@hassan346

Get a life dude,your islamabad airport one will be completed by 2015,ours would be done by 2014,andIslamabad is your only glass and steel airport while we have such things in tier 3 cities even :lol:

go troll about slums somewhere else,show me Pakistani equivalents of Palais Royale...haha

@DESERT FIGHTER

I guess you doesnt know about Delhi AIIMS,also called Harward of Asia.India's IITs are among worlds best.

Well I live in a tier 3 Indian city,We already have a modern glass and steel airport here,a monorail is under comstruction and we have 4-6 lane city roads,The tallest building in Construction here is as tall as tallest one in Karachi !

FYI metrobus is nothing else but a low capacity system,its original name is BRTS,we have such systems usually in our tier 3 cities,The BRT system of Rajkot will open this year,its 60 km long,more than Lahore one.

Mumbai has worlds largest number of Supertalls under construction.It is one of a skyscrapercity,but that doesnt mean that infrastructire is weak-how many of your cities have a airport as modern as delhi,New mumbai airport is almost complete(it was even featured on Discovery Channels 'Build It Bigger' :azn:),Mumbai monorail & metro will be finished by 2013-2014
now not only the Europe,but also America are crying heavily.
mumbai and Delhi are far better than the Europe and America cities,do you agree?

Back
Top Bottom