What's new

Lahore Should Be Developed Like Delhi: Pak Minister

Was messing with you, the highways are good and 4-6 lanes but not access-controlled, any type of traffic can ply.. Majorly.

So, in other words, India doesn't have anything like Pakistan's motorways, which are inter-city, controlled access and fenced motorways.

So, in other words, India doesn't have anything like Pakistan's motorways, which are inter-city, controlled access and fenced motorways.

Are you obsessed with controlled access and fenced motorways..
:rofl:

Inter city highways are fenced in Pakistan? I call bullshit, the expense for such fences would be astronomical.

Please provide a source. No, a few pictures won't do, please provide a source which clearly shows that all inter-city highways in Pakistan are fenced and access-controlled.

Not even cash rich states in Australia like WA has access-controlled highways. In fact even our intra-city freeways aren't always access controlled.

There are 2 types of inter-city roads in Pakistan:

(i) National Highways of Pakistan - which are not controlled-access and are un-fenced.

National Highways of Pakistan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

(ii) Motorways of Pakistan - which are controlled-access and are fenced throughout on either side.

Motorways of Pakistan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I have heard a lot about Lahore from my friends and have seen it in videos. Seems it's a great city!! Would love to visit once. One of my Pakistani friend who visited both, said that the cities are very similar. I love Delhi as city so definitely I'll get a similar feeling when I visit Lahore!

This picture shows the typical cross-section of a Pakistani Motorway (in this case the 155 km long M-1 Peshawar-Islamabad Motorway). You can see that it's fenced on either side and this fencing extends throughout the M-1 Motorway and the rest of the Pakistan Motorway network:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:PKM1-5.JPG

File:PKM1-5.JPG

Jinay lahore nai wekhya O jamya E nai.and I stand by it completely!

Not saying this bcos I'm lahori,but I challenge any1 to visit lahore and compare with the city of your choice,there is nothing like lahore in the world it's pure.5 start hotels to brand name shoppes. lived in U.S most of my life seen just about every North American city I must say I was taken by surprise how much development was done by Sabaz sharif in last 5 years gave everything the city wanted:cheers:

Pakistan definitely has a good road network .. much better than India..... we are just catching up with them.

How much is the total length of your motorways. :cheesy:

Operational: 633 km (M1, M2 and M3)
Under-Construction: 1,261 km (M4, M8 and M9)
Planned: Approximately 1,000 km (M5, M6, M7, etc.)

These are the stats for Motorways, which do not include Expressways and National Highways. Expressways are a notch above National Highways and a notch below Motorways. Lahore Ring Road, for example, is an Expressway.

An Indian journalist's perspective of Pakistani roads:

"Yes. Yes, you read right. The roads. I used to live in Mumbai and now I live in Delhi and, yes, I think good roads are a great, mammoth, gargantuan luxury! Face it, when did you last see a good road in India? Like a really smooth road. Drivable, wide, nicely built and long, yawning, stretching so far that you want zip on till eternity and loosen the gears and let the car fly. A road without squeeze or bump or gaping holes that pop up like blood-dripping kitchen knives in Ramsay Brothers films. When did you last see such roads? Pakistan is full of such roads. Driving on the motorway between Islamabad and Lahore, I thought of the Indian politician who ruled a notorious —, one could almost say viciously — potholed state and spoke of turning the roads so smooth that they would resemble the cheeks of Hema Malini. They remained as dented as the face of Frankenstein's monster. And here, in Pakistan, I was travelling on roads that — well, how can one now avoid this? — were as smooth as Hema Malini's cheeks! Pakistani roads are broad and smooth and almost entirely, magically, pot hole free. How do they do it; this country that is ostensibly so far behind in economic growth compared to India? But they do and one of my most delightful experiences in Pakistan has been travelling on its fabulous roads. No wonder the country is littered with SUVs — Pakistan has the roads for such cars! Even in tiny Bajaur in the North West frontier province, hard hit by the Taliban, and a little more than a frontier post, the roads were smoother than many I know in India. Even Bajaur has a higher road density than India! If there is one thing we should learn from the Pakistanis, it is how to build roads. And oh, another thing, no one throws beer bottles or trash on the highways and motorways."

Affluenza: With love from across the border - The Hindu

Back
Top Bottom