What's new

Lahore Should Be Developed Like Delhi: Pak Minister

Lowari tunnel project is slowly developing cz of lack of funds by the fedral govt it was started 40 years back but immediately closed due to shortage of funds and then musharaf started this project again and this govt again stopped it .. and about railway tunnel u saying dude its matter of money one can develop anything ,, the road infrastructure you guys feeling proud we had made it decade back seriously and motorways of pakistan are the bench mark in road infrastructure which india dnt have ;)

First of all you built motorways at the expense of deeply neglecting railways.
Perhaps you guys can even never conceive projects like "Dedicated Freight corridor" which is having have double-decker container trains.

Second thing I told you Golden Quadrilateral and NSEW totaling 13,000+ km are expressways, they are super-smooth highways compared to general national highway.

Rape is a banned topic :toast_sign:

Really?? I see LOT of Pak members using it whenever they are cornered or have no answer.:azn:

our minister should know lahore is the only city facing massive development in its history and his CM wants to make it istanbul of south asia and he comparing lahore with delhi :mad: :P

we have zardari
images

We have this...

Manmohan%20Singh%20Jokes1.jpg

First of all you built motorways at the expense of deeply neglecting railways.
Perhaps you guys can even never conceive projects like "Dedicated Freight corridor" which is having have double-decker container trains.

Second thing I told you Golden Quadrilateral and NSEW totaling 13,000+ km are expressways, they are super-smooth highways compared to general national highway.

Golden Quadrilateral is not a express way you cant compare it with Motorways its a simple 4/6 lane Highway like we have in pakistan .. railway is neglected in this govts tenure dear and motorways were made in 1990s and still more are adding :D

Golden Quadrilateral is not a express way you cant compare it with Motorways its a simple 4/6 lane Highway like we have in pakistan .. railway is neglected in this govts tenure dear and motorways were made in 1990s and still more are adding :D

NSEW and GQ are group of expressways with a high toll tax. I have travelled on them, they are super-smooth compared to simple national Highways.

But its true, you were the first to have motorway

how huge number of lanes are more important when we have a GT road Highway and Other highways which connects different cities of pakistan like motorway ?? lanes are more important for you cz you may be dont have alternative routes like we have if motor way closes we can use other highways like gt road and dual carriage ways.

Dude, per capita paved road per person or per sq. Km is more in India compared to Pakistan. And we have Railways also 100-125 times more efficient than Pakistan railways.

That's two decades back. So, you still dwell 20 years in the past to define Delhi. :lol::lol:

Lol New Delhi dirtiest city in the world admit it hindi propaganda machine, the Queen admitted so why can't you hindis admit it.

Lol New Delhi dirtiest city in the world admit it hindi propaganda machine, the Queen admitted so why can't you hindis admit it.

Queen said it two decades back, my schoolteacher told me when I was a kid, I still remember. Delhi was a dirty city in early 90s but lot changed in 20 years due to economic boom. You are just feeling jealousy. :lol:

I don't think it's wise to compare Lahore with Delhi. Lahore is a provincial capital and Delhi is a national capital. Pakistan's population is 185 million, India's population is 1.241 billion. India is geographically 4 times larger than Pakistan. All this translates to greater resources for the Indian national capital, as compared to a Pakistani provincial capital. Also, Delhi's population is 22 million, Lahore District's population is 12 million (9 million for the Lahore metro area).

Infrastructure-wise, India's large city's are probably more developed than Pakistan's, but Pakistan has better motorways and highways connecting its cities and rural areas.

Also, until Delhi's T3 came along, there was not a single airport in India that could compare to Lahore and Karachi's airports. Now we have the New Islamabad International Airport coming up.

I don't think it's wise to compare Lahore with Delhi. Lahore is a provincial capital and Delhi is a national capital. Pakistan's population is 185 million, India's population is 1.241 billion. India is geographically 4 times larger than Pakistan. All this translates to greater resources for the Indian national capital, as compared to a Pakistani provincial capital. Also, Delhi's population is 22 million, Lahore District's population is 12 million (9 million for the Lahore metro area).

Infrastructure-wise, India's large city's are probably more developed than Pakistan's, but Pakistan has better motorways and highways connecting its cities and rural areas.

Also, until Delhi's T3 came along, there was not a single airport in India that could compare to Lahore and Karachi's airports. Now we have the New Islamabad International Airport coming up.

Disagree, you clearly don't know s***.. Check out the Hyderabad Airport, 2 years before T3, New Delhi.. Kid go take a walk.

The outer-ring road to my city (Hyderabad) is controlled-access freeway, beat that :rofl:

Beat that? Pakistan's ENTIRE Motorway network is controlled-access. Lahore's Ring Road is also controlled-access.

Also, I wasn't just talking about urban ring roads, I'm talking about your inter-city expressways, are THEY controlled-access and are they fenced to prevent unauthorized access like Pakistan's motorways are?

Beat that? Pakistan's ENTIRE Motorway network is controlled-access. Lahore's Ring Road is also controlled-access.

Also, I wasn't just talking about urban ring roads, I'm talking about your inter-city expressways, are THEY controlled-access and are they fenced to prevent unauthorized access like Pakistan's motorways?

Was messing with you, the highways are good and 4-6 lanes but not access-controlled, any type of traffic can ply.. Majorly.

Also, I wasn't just talking about urban ring roads, I'm talking about your inter-city expressways, are THEY controlled-access and are they fenced to prevent unauthorized access like Pakistan's motorways are?

Inter city highways are fenced in Pakistan? I call bullshit, the expense for such fences would be astronomical.

Please provide a source. No, a few pictures won't do, please provide a source which clearly shows that all inter-city highways in Pakistan are fenced and access-controlled.

Not even cash rich states in Australia like WA has access-controlled highways. In fact even our intra-city freeways aren't always access controlled.

Back
Top Bottom