What's new

Lahore Police Academy crises over | One gunman, five collaborators arrested

Every attack by islamist terrorists in pakistan is met by the "excuse" of India or RAW or CIA or Mossad -- Who is fashioning these responses? Why?

It is clear that these responses are fashioned by those who seek to divert attention from themselves and to create a confusion in the minds of ordinary people, with regard to who their enemy is, and equally as impostant, how to respond to this enemy.

The enemy is the Islamist terrorist, whether he call himself, Lashkar of this or that, Jaish of this or that, Taliban of there or there or Al Qaida.

You will notice that there will be no real arrests in this case - indeed, you mayh have noticed that there have been no real arrests in the Sri Lanka cricket team attack -- similarly you will notice the degree to which an attempt will be made to made such attacks hostage to events in India, thereby robbing the Pakistani people of justice, yet again.

How should Pakistanis respond to this -- Well, obviously, when someone beats you or your sister or brother, what do you do?? Of course, you NEGOTIATE -- No?? Just watch.

Also, there tactics have changed, i believe it is more simplified by carring Ak 47 and grenades, there actually creating more damage then randomly bombing or placing bomb at a static place.

Yesterdays incident has only strengthened my view that its time to send Afghans back home. They have now become a problems for us and we need to take care of them.

One thing that interreges me is the constant reference to some foreign hand, implying a national government, behind all attacks, this one, the one against the crickets, and Mumbai.

Why must it be a foreign hand? By now most of the established terrorist groups should be able to execute these attacks with out any so called govt base help.

This is what I would call an issue that is constantly ignored.
These groups have both money and the necessary weapons. Also they have the people and time to plan them.
These are not big battles so one does not have to be a brilliant tactician.

Why fear declaring foreign hand if you suspect it?

The key is, you should prove it to maintain the credibility of statements.

Pakistan should accelerate the pending investigations and bring bring the results bfore the world.

When I read and saw that the civilians in Manawan were cheering our heroic rescue and security forces against the bastard terrorists it made me so happy :pakistan:

Alhamdulillah some of the terrorists were captured this time around so inshallah we'll be getting some good intelligence from them soon.

I find it interesting that both of these commando-style terrorist attacks have taken place in Lahore, close to the Indian border... It doesn't really seem like the style of the Taliban to me. Possible RAW involvement here?

Rehman sees foreign hand
Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Says Afghan national involved in attack held; ‘we had prior information about attack on some police centres’
By our correspondent

LAHORE: Interior Adviser Rehman Malik has said an Afghan involved in attack on the police training centre at Manawan has been arrested, and involvement of foreign hand in the incident cannot be ruled out.

The adviser disclosed this while addressing a press conference at the headquarters of Pakistan Rangers (Punjab) on Monday. Director-General, Pakistan Rangers (Punjab) Maj-Gen Yaqub Khan, Punjab IG Khwaja Khalid Farooq and Lahore CCPO Habibur Rehman were also present on the occasion.

Rehman said six policemen lost their lives in the attack whereas two more bodies have been recovered, one of which has yet to be identified.

He said it has been revealed during preliminary investigation that the terrorist, a Pashto speaking Afghan national who couldn’t speak Urdu, arrested by the forces, belongs to Paktika province of Afghanistan and was living in a rented house in Lahore.

He said the terrorists involved in Monday’s incident have links to the tribal areas, particularly South Waziristan where the entire planning of the incident had been done.

“Foreign hand may be behind the attack,” said Rehman Malik while answering a question about the involvement of foreign hand in the Manawan incident. However, detailed results would come during next three days.

Earlier, during his visit to Manawan, Rehman Malik, while talking to the media, said having failed in their activities in Fata, the terrorists have turned to other cities of Pakistan. He said the operation against the terrorists was successful due to the assistance of security forces and the soldiers deserved all praise. To a query about the attack on the Sri Lankan team, Rehman Malik said the investigation into the matter has been completed and the report would come to surface soon.

Agencies add: Meanwhile, Malik told a private TV channel that the terror strike in Lahore was similar to the Nov 26 carnage in Mumbai. He said Pakistan has been hit by a “wave of terrorism”, adding the terrorists were trained and “used terror as a weapon”. Malik admitted the police training centre was not secure and was not designed to prevent terror strikes. “New buildings will have enhanced security.”

Talking to Geo News channel, he said security has been put on high alert across the country and more contingents of Rangers have been sent to Manawan. The incident is part of the terror wave which has begun from the NWFP.

In a telephonic interview to another television channel after successful completion of operation at the police training centre, he said a number of terrorists have been arrested in the operation. He said four of the terrorists were killed during the operation while the rest have been nabbed by the law enforcement agencies.

He said some terrorists were dressed in police uniform and the investigation is going on to know exact number of the gang. Their number would become public very soon, he added.

He said a high-level investigation team has already been formed. As a number of terrorists have been arrested, their interrogation would help reach the masterminds, he said.

To a question, the adviser said the investigators of the Sri Lankan team attack incident have gathered valuable information about terrorists but at the time details cannot be made public. He said the method of Monday’s attack was different from that on the Sri Lankan team, but facts would come on surface after the investigation.

Meanwhile, the interior advisor visited the Services hospital to inquire after the injured. Talking to newsmen on the occasion, Rehman said Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani would soon announce a compensation package for the martyrs and injured. “The media should not guess about the incident of Manawan terrorist attack and we will present preliminary report about the incident in three days,” he said.

“We had information that the terrorist could attack police installations and information was passed to the quarters concerned,” he said, adding law enforcement agencies were alert and had reached the spot within no time after they were called to counter the terror incident.

The adviser said 95 policemen and two passers-by were injured while a suicide jacket was also recovered. He said three terrorists blew themselves. He said the president and the prime minister have approved sanctioning of 25,000 officials with best possible training to face acts of terrorism in every province. He said the injured will not be discharged from hospitals before their complete identification, so as to arrest the terrorists, if any, among them.

Rehman sees foreign hand

Is Rehman Malik Blaming ISI for Lahore Attacks?
March 30, 2009

Time to cut off rail, air, and road links with India, including denying Indian airlines the right to use Pakistan airspace and denying Indian overland trade to Central Asia pending the investigations and a review by Pakistan of Indian activities inside and around Pakistan.

Ahmed Quraishi

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan—A second Mumbai-style attack in Lahore in less than a month, both targeting Lahore, a city that has traditionally bore the brunt of Indian-inspired terrorism inside Pakistan.

The level of training of these people and the choice of targets leaves little doubt that someone is trying to teach Pakistan a lesson. It is baffling to see Interior Advisor Rehman Malik so eager to quickly pin the blame on groups such as Lashkar Tayyeba or Lashkar Jhangvi that were active in the Kashmir freedom struggle in the past and are dormant now. Accusing these groups is an indirect swipe at the Pakistani security and intelligence agencies that implemented State policy in the past of supporting the freedom fighters inside the disputed territory with India.

Why is Mr. Malik not willing to consider the possibilty of Indian involvement? Is he afraid of upsetting the Brits or the Americans? He knows more than anyone else that we have conclusive evidence of Indian involvement in terrorism in Balochistan and the tribal belt. Unfortunately, Pakistani media projection is not as strong as the propaganda of the American and the British media that supresses these facts. Pakistan has shared this information at the highest levels with the Americans, who continue to protect the Indians in Afghanistan because of long term strategic interest.

Additionally, where are those local agents of Indian intelligence that were arrested from various Pakistani cities in the past few weeks and months near both the Indian and the Afghan borders? Why are we scared of bringing these people out? Please cut through the thick propaganda smokescreen of the biased Anglo-American media and let the world and the peaceful Indian public opinion also know about the activities of their security agencies.

There is no question that terrorists involved in the attack will eventually turn out to be Pakistanis. No foreign-induced covert terrorist operation can succeed without local elements. The only country other than the United States that has an elaborate, Pakistan-focused intelligence setup in Afghanistan is India. The Indians are actively using the chaos in Afghanistan to create a wedge between the U.S. and Pakistan by indirectly supporting terrorist elements. This is one level of the covert war in the region. The second element is the suspicion that the U.S. is supporting the insurgencies inside Pakistan either directly or through the Indians and possibly other players.

Since we are unable to make our concerns heard throughout the world because of the bias and the choking grip of the American and British media, the only other way to highlight the nefarious and terrorism-abetting activities of Indian security and intelligence agencies is by cutting off rail, air, and road links with India, including denying Indian airlines the right to use Pakistan airspace and denying Indian overland trade to Central Asia pending the investigations and a review by Pakistan of Indian activities inside and around Pakistan.

This is also the time to neutralize elements in the Pakistani government such as President Zardari and Mr. Rehman Malik whose assets, lives and apparently loyalties lie outside Pakistan. Democracy cannot be allowed to become a trojan horse for foreign powers to meddle in Pakistan.

Take action on India, Mr. Malik.

Is Rehman Malik Blaming ISI For Lahore Attack? Pakistan Ka Khuda Hafiz

Always beating the wrong bush. Hating India is not the answer. Wake up.

tell GoP to get some proofs. If not for world, then only for Pakistan.

I agree with Cheetah - what's with the wild-west style firing in the air?

That's not how a disciplined unit behaves. That's how untrained militia react after they win.

If you've studied the law of gravity - which I think you have - you'll realize that the bullet will come down at pretty much the same speed at which it goes up - so if you're unlucky enough to be in the trajectory - be prepared to say hello to your grandparents.

Yeah, this has happened in my region. :agree:

An elderly couple found a bullet in their wooden bed. After investigation, it turned out to be fired by an enthusiastic 'Holi' celebrator in nearby area.

Always beating the wrong bush. Hating India is not the answer. Wake up.

tell GoP to get some proofs. If not for world, then only for Pakistan.

Well, they have not blamed India yet. They said foreign hand - and Afghanistan certainly constitutes foreign land. And that was in response to a question posed to him. Before that he was saying local and homegrown.

Well, they have not blamed India yet. They said foreign hand - and Afghanistan certainly constitutes foreign land. And that was in response to a question posed to him. Before that he was saying local and homegrown.

He already said that these terrorists are may be used by a foreign country to destabilize Pakistan. Nothing has been ruled out. Lets wait until those guys get tortured and spit some stuff out.

Hey i saw the footage of pakistani army commandos firing in the air in jubiliation but i was wondering, whther the military discipline allows such kind of celeberation??? Could any one here clear my doubt???

hey guys ... i think it would be wise to making your government accountable rather than pointing fingers would be a better option in this case . did you see the indians protesting against the politians after mumbai? .. i think somethig like that will do more good . what if a foreign hand was involved ,isnt your government responsible for your saftey? the thing i noticed around here is a lack of understanding of democracy..... a lot of people here say" i am not running the government so i cant do anything" ....this is bs . you guys(pakistani people ) should understand the it is you who is running the government...that is the essence of democracy- govt of the people,by the people , for the people...untill every pakistani understans it your govt is going to get away by blaming foreign hand (they just say foreign hand- no proof , no particular country is named , even if arrests are made of so called raw members .. there is no news of them later . which may imply the they either caught the wrong guy assuming him to a raw agent or they have'nt caught any just keeping the peoples focus somewhere else from reality) you guys questioned indians about their security lapse after mumbai ? why are you not questioning your govt about it?

Very well said. Thank you.

Your introduction would be nice in the welcom section.

hey guys ... i think it would be wise to making your government accountable rather than pointing fingers would be a better option in this case . did you see the indians protesting against the politians after mumbai? .. i think somethig like that will do more good . what if a foreign hand was involved ,isnt your government responsible for your saftey? the thing i noticed around here is a lack of understanding of democracy..... a lot of people here say" i am not running the government so i cant do anything" ....this is bs . you guys(pakistani people ) should understand the it is you who is running the government...that is the essence of democracy- govt of the people,by the people , for the people...untill every pakistani understans it your govt is going to get away by blaming foreign hand (they just say foreign hand- no proof , no particular country is named , even if arrests are made of so called raw members .. there is no news of them later . which may imply the they either caught the wrong guy assuming him to a raw agent or they have'nt caught any just keeping the peoples focus somewhere else from reality) you guys questioned indians about their security lapse after mumbai ? why are you not questioning your govt about it?

Yeah well that is why democracy doesn't work so well in Pakistan if the people start to question the government then pakistan might be alot better than it is now.

Hey i saw the footage of pakistani army commandos firing in the air in jubiliation but i was wondering, whther the military discipline allows such kind of celeberation??? Could any one here clear my doubt???

Hey i saw the footage of indian security forces i saw how disciplined they were,the pakistani forces are not that disciplined but they got the job done alot earlier than everyone expected.It was a very big accomplishment and they deserve to celebrate this victory.

Back
Top Bottom