What's new

Lahore Police Academy crises over | One gunman, five collaborators arrested

All in all , a very nice operation executed by pak forces.

Some of the significant things about operations that comes into mind is,
1) Quick response time - police , army rangers were on the spot pretty quick. This sure must have scuttled some of terrorist's plans. Might have put them on defensive.
2) paramilitary outfits , policy and army handled the operation on their own. This is commendable since no SSG was involved, atleast from the reports that i am seeing.
3) Completion of operation in a timely manner especially considering that it was finished before nightfall , else i dred to think of operations happening during night (NVG or not).
4) Good media management - This was the shoddiest part during Mumbai operations. Pak really handled it well. Boundary walls coupled with good fence walls also helped in this cause.
5)Finally assholes caught alive. For all the members who are pointing fingers at India, well truth will be out. And pray if it doesnt point to India, then all respected forum members please dont say that "Government doesnt have the balls to point fingers at india". Both sides of argument doesnt work.

Failures->
1)Intelligence failure - ISI or concerend authorities should pull up their socks and interogate these bastards and go after the real culprits. If its India - Suspend ties with India and announce it to the world. Intelligence officers should really try to get into these gangs of fanatics ala "Donnie brasko" style - apologies couldnt think of anything else.

Hmm on the other hand i was quite surprised to see the weaponry carried by the amm janata. I am not sure its good or bad. But somehow doesnt quite gell well.

Overall cheers on a operation well executed.

Hope Government does something for the families of police officers killed in action. RIP

Ya, it was well done, as far as ISI is concerned they warrned abt an attack in major cities on police establishment on 25th.

Another thing i heard that snipers killed 2 of the attackers, i think the snipers were called in late, they should have been there first.

The said incident was planned and executed to demoralize the security forces in taking actions against the terrorists at large. Fortunately, it has had the complete opposite effect -
That is a dangerous assumption. Based on the Iraq experience, it is more likely to be a terrorist recruitment tactic: "Hey police academy cadet, join us and be our informant or we'll blow up you and your school and friends, like we did in Lahore last week."

I think these tactics were very effective at coercing cadets. Part of the solution, I think, is to make it one of the first tasks to train cadets how to quietly inform their superiors of the attempted coercion, then have special units available to take out the terrorist's recruiters.

Ya, it was well done, as far as ISI is concerned they warrned abt an attack in major cities on police establishment on 25th..

Hmmm you see even Indian intelligence agencies had warned about the 26/11 attacks, but the fact is these warnings are more like routine warnings or vague warnings. These warnings tend to be like a "saving your ***" warnings , whereby Intelligence agencies will say "Hey we warned you, and you were not prepared". Forces like police tend to get lax after a couple of warnings , till they get a bolt out of blue such as the incident that happened today. Intelligence means having information before a specific act is commited. Ofcourse for every incident that occurs, 10 might have got thwarted based on good intelligence - we will never come to know abt this.

Another thing i heard that snipers killed 2 of the attackers, i think the snipers were called in late, they should have been there first.

Good job, yeah i agree snipers should be the first one in action. Although they dont act untill they get a 'GO' from high command or untill the operation starts (which might be the reason they coming in late)

The snipers wouldn't have done much in the beginning simply because the situation wasn't clear inside. The gunmen were dressed like the Police personnel and it wasn't until they retreated to the roof that the snipers had a chance to take them out.

Even the Rangers weren't able to infiltrate the compound for some time because HEAVY resistance and unconfirmed number of gunmen were inside. That was the biggest challenge of all. To Identify the enemy properly and not confuse them as friendlies.

yar bohat afsos hoa hy mujhy.... yar hm pakistani jwano ko ab mil khra hona chahiay... yar hum jwan pori dunia FATAH kr sakty hain ... meri pory pakistan sy appeal hy k

AB HMAIN UTH KHARY HONA HY....

The snipers wouldn't have done much in the beginning simply because the situation wasn't clear inside. The gunmen were dressed like the Police personnel and it wasn't until they retreated to the roof that the snipers had a chance to take them out.

Even the Rangers weren't able to infiltrate the compound for some time because HEAVY resistance and unconfirmed number of gunmen were inside. That was the biggest challenge of all. To Identify the enemy properly and not confuse them as friendlies.

No, i think they would have done a lot, they knew that the cadets inside had no weapons, and also the terrorist were shooting from the windows as soon as they went in the main building. Then they were on the roofs, also and helis were called in. After the helis, they called in snipers.

Last edited:
You might have a point here - Pakistan seems to have kinda like a gun culture - like the US but much worse...

What's like the guns-per-capita comparison between India and Pakistan? Can someone get that info?

I was just discussing the same with my pakistani friend last week. The following article frm wiki says

US - 90/100,
Pakistan 12/100,
India 4/100.

List of countries by gun ownership - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In india north india has gun culture, living in mumbai for 25 years i never saw a private weapon. i mean not even once.

My pakistani friend said many guns in pakistan are not registered. He did not believe the 12/100 no is correct. Other pakistanis can validate that.

sorry for the off topic post. Just replying.

Ya, it was well done, as far as ISI is concerned they warrned abt an attack in major cities on police establishment on 25th.

Snipers need counter snipers to protect them; a sniper is only one component of a defensive or offensive element, so NO snipers don’t come first.

You have an Assault Platoon, a Rear Guard, Snipers, and Intelligence etc... Snipers can only hit targets they can see, when you have barricaded suspects hiding deep inside a building you need someone to bust down the door and kick some ***. A Sniper cannot do that, they just even playing field a little bit.

No, i think they would have done a lot, they knew that the cadets inside had no weapons, and also the terrorist were shooting from the windows as soon as they went in the main building.

Cadets didn't had any weapons inside, but the militants were wearing the same uniform as the cadets. They were constantly changing their positions, trying to suppress the SF's and in that hype, cadets were also coming out from time to time. It must've been a chaos at that point and that's exactly why I think they wouldn't have been useful at that point.

When they received their "Confirmations" on their targets, they did a fine job. It's not clear how many actual "kills" they were able to pull off but I'm sure it was a job well done.

No, i think they would have done a lot, they knew that the cadets inside had no weapons, and also the terrorist were shooting from the windows as soon as they went in the main building.

"Snipers will or should never act till they receive a 'GO' from HQ, this will jeopardise the mission. Also as bezerk pointed out, in the moment of confusion snipers will never be able to decide whos the enemy and whos the cadet"

Arrested one from Afghan province Paktitka

wow love this such a badass pic !:tup:
great capture of a short idiot terrorist literally caught with his pants down looking terrified .
lol big and tall pakistani officer getting down to business he's huge look at him towering over the terrorist with just arm round his neck machine gun in the other lol looks like he could break the scrawny b@stard in two !
hehe this afghan guy he's in for it now this dude is gonna wish he'd been killed in there !
RESPECT ! :pakistan::mod::smokin:

yar bohat afsos hoa hy mujhy.... yar hm pakistani jwano ko ab mil khra hona chahiay... yar hum jwan pori dunia FATAH kr sakty hain ... meri pory pakistan sy appeal hy k

AB HMAIN UTH KHARY HONA HY....

shah sahib sub say bara musla he iss kaoom ka khara kerna hay.. per inshAllah aik duffa kissi tarrah khari ho gai to phir ballay ballay:chilli:

Back
Top Bottom