What's new

Lahore Police Academy crises over | One gunman, five collaborators arrested

UK

Is that not the same thing they said about the MQM?
I've seen it with my own eyes!

I went to my property, which was bought by my father 37 years ago, where they were going to build great apartments back then... It was all nothing but a boundary and Afghanis were waiting there, telling us to get out of "their" land.

The land has been PAID by us. And thousands others like my father who put in their hard earned money. Now Afghanis weilding Axes are chasing us away because we aren't street thugs like them who will fight thousands of Afghanis off.

I'm describing scenes from Jan, 2009. That place is like a mini tribal area.

I think one terrorist was snipered from the helicopter.

i dont know if it was from the helicopter but yes three terrorists were gunned down by army snipers. i did post this news in this thread. it was from geo website

Youngest arrested terrorist is 19 or 20 year old from FATA. Well done commandos.
1. lowest collateral damage. Imagine 800 unarmed cadets inside. Only 20 death and remaining gunshot wounds.
2. Finish this operation within 8 hours.
3. Non commando or elite force soldier down.
clean sweep .

Biggest motivation behind the success of this operation was " people of lahore". their moral and material support, when people got on site ask any type of help.
Its a people who makes the difference. :pakistan:

I've seen it with my own eyes!
The land has been PAID by us. And thousands others like my father who put in their hard earned money. Now Afghanis weilding Axes are chasing us away because we aren't street thugs like them who will fight thousands of Afghanis off.

I'm describing scenes from Jan, 2009. That place is like a mini tribal area.

Are these people you talk about from afghanistan or from the NWFP?

They seem much better equipped than the ones in Bombay - I'll give 'em that.

The ones in India seemed to be right out of the 1930s.

I dont know specifiaclly what u refering at,but yaa,mumbai police lower rank constables often carry .303 WW1 rifles at low security public places like one at the train station where 26/11 attack took place, purely for the reason of easier crowd control on day to day basis.
Though they have several AKs in arm voults,city police lower rank constables stick to old rifles.I think this mind set has changed after 26/11 attck.

Army & CT force like NSG equipped with all sort of mission specific gadgets .

Youngest arrested terrorist is 19 or 20 year old from FATA. Well done commandos.
1. lowest collateral damage. Imagine 800 unarmed cadets inside. Only 20 death and remaining gunshot wounds.
2. Finish this operation within 8 hours.
3. Non commando or elite force soldier down.
clean sweep .

Biggest motivation behind the success of this operation was " people of lahore". their moral and material support, when people got on site ask any type of help.
Its a people who makes the difference. :pakistan:

yes i read somewhere that ppl outside were raising slogans of 'God is Great' and 'pakistan army/police/rangers zindabad' while the operation was still goin on

Clowns? Seriously? Where exactly were you during this whole incident? I suppose you weren't following this incident live and probably weren't aware of every situation that was developing.

The celebration is reasonable and it was supported by a SEA of locals and public who were carrying these hero's on their shoulders for overpowering the enemy and MINIMIZING the casualties. The operation was a success and if you look at the ratio of casualties, you'd agree that it could've been FAR more worse if these brave men from our SF weren't able to successfully eliminate the threat.

We have captured militants along with DEAD militants and HUNDREDS of innocent police cadets have been saved by the Police, Elite force, Rangers and Army. These people were fighting for their trapped and helpless countrymen and in the beginning, EVERYONE was speculating a massacre of GIANT proportions. But they turned it around and were able to come out with a shinning victory. Our martyrs would NEVER be forgotten for their sacrifices. Be thankful for the fact that out of 800 cadets in that academy, only a few lost their lives. As I said, they MINIMIZED the casualties, and that's definitely something to be happy about.

Show some support and respect for these people who've shown to the world what they're capable of in our DARKEST moments. There are some things that are FAR beyond the realms of normal standards and they can never be explained by mere words. Do NOT insult our hero's by calling them "Clowns" or simply because they were overwhelmed by the fact that they were able to save their brothers from the jaws of eminent death.

Look back in history and you'd find that EVERY important battle won by soldiers has received the same reactions. Which also includes firing in the air. It's not a big deal. And it won't produce any casualties.

"If fired STRAIGHT up into the air, unless the bullet strikes an extremely vulnerable area (such as the eye) then it will not kill. the terminal velocity of a tumbling bullet as it falls is just over 100 mph. Sure, it'll give you one hell of a headache, but you're simply not going to die." I'm pretty sure our security personnel knew what they were doing.

All in all, please show some respect. That's the least you could do.

Cheetah has shown us the level of information he gets. Please cheetah, compare this operation to others, I wanna see you being so brave. So please stop talking such things when you haven't got any idea of the situation. We should praise them.

The real clown is the one, who hasn't got any clue but tries to appear well-informed.

Sounds unlikely. The fact that there is an Afghan being arrested near the Indian border should speak volumes. This guy is just a grunt. The real masterminds might be just 5 km away.

If he had been caught near Afgan border ,u would have said the same 5 km away thing,wouldnt u??

Sorry for my delayed appearance but was elsewhere. This was a horrific security lapse; the majority of cadets were unarmed and were mustering for parade the time when the attack began at 7:25.

Company Commander Khalid was injured and virtually all 25 men of his company were injured by shrapnel when the attack began. The attackers used "meat grinders" = Frag Grenades prior to opening indiscriminate fire on the group of men.

Cannot post more for obvious reasons but have a look at my TT post. Personally whilst this was a major security lapse, it has happened before in Nowshera and Islamabad and it was dealt with swiftly and very professionally.

I don’t care what the western media says, our guys did their best to resolve a very volatile situation and deserve a well earned pat on the back.

Originally Posted by Asim Aquil
Sounds unlikely. The fact that there is an Afghan being arrested near the Indian border should speak volumes. This guy is just a grunt. The real masterminds might be just 5 km away.

I would wait for the interogation to end. There is no point of speculations at this moment and they wont leads us any where.

We pretty much got used to it.

ANyway a piece of advice ...
You are new to the forum, so start with informative posts with good argument.
Remember you will be under scanner.
Also start an intro thread on members introduction section.

He's already been shown the way out. Our Moderators should be in the Olympics for their FAST emergency responses :P

has anyone got pics of the other terrorists captured alive ?

Back
Top Bottom