What's new

Lahore Police Academy crises over | One gunman, five collaborators arrested

Can somebody summarize what had happened?

Around 7.30 AM PST 10-12 Gunmen infiltrated a police academy in Manawan, Lahore.

The compound had at least 500 to 800 cadets in there who were getting ready for a parade.

The terrorists raided the place with grenades and assault rifles and were dressed as civilians but later they used the police uniform to blend in.

Police and "Elite Force" commandos were the first to arrive on scene but were confronted with heavy firing, grenades and rocket launchers.

Police and Elite force used their APC's to go inside the compound and retrieve the injured cadets from the field. Because of their bravery and quick thinking, a LOT of lives were saved. Also because of the amazing recovery work by the Rescue 1122 team.

After about an hour of this incident, Pakistan Army rangers arrived on the scene and started surrounding the compound. Army Infantry was deployed in the entire area shortly after their arrival.

Aerial Surveillance using Allouette III, Bell Jet-rangers and Bell-412 began shortly after.

Cadets started escaping from the compound and all of them were inquired by the rangers and police officials for Intel, information and ID checks.

Army's BELL-412 helicopters started providing close air support to the troops on ground using their Door-mounted MG3's.

Pakistan Army's M113 APC's also arrived on the scene and were deployed around the area after a curfew was issued in the entire region.

A few hours back one of the gunmen was captured near a helipad close to the hostile zone, carrying hand grenades. He was instantly captured by the civilians and security forces.

2 of the gunmen are believed to be dead. so far about 20 people have died and about 90 are injured.

The captured Gunman is believed to be an Afghan National who came to Lahore a month back. He's believed to also have a fake arms license.

I think that's it for now. Currently the forces are trying to wrap up the entire scenario before night fall. If I'm missing something please feel free to add. I have a throbbing Migrane and I MIGHT have missed some important information lol.

Last edited:
Mark&Porus
A small HINT.
This is NOT USA so it is best advised to as the saying goes, "when in Rome do as the Romans"

Sympathy to all those who have suffered in this case of deplorable violence.

:D Got it matey! I don't wanna be preachy!

I've no doubt Pakistanis are involved in this attack. That is simply being realistic. You don't bring a load of Afghanis across the border and live in the capital near to a police station, and no suspicion is aroused.

Whoever is behind this hates Pakistan more than anything and wants Pakistan to be declared a terrorist and a failed state.

I doubt Pakistanis planned this, maybe some poor people were given loads of money to send to their families and are working for the enemy of Pakistan, but no Pakistani wants their own country to fail and be destroyed.

Whoever is behind this hates Pakistan more than anything and wants Pakistan to be declared a terrorist and a failed state.

I doubt Pakistanis planned this, maybe some poor people were given loads of money to send to their families and are working for the enemy of Pakistan, but no Pakistani wants their own country to fail and be destroyed.

Admitting that Pakistanis are involved in this is the best thing to do instead of trying to blame it on Afghanis. It doesn't say anything about who planned it.

As I've always said, my best bet is on India with the planning. India is just using the tools at its disposal, exploting elements within Pakistan, which is terrorism by most definitions.

Bewakoofon ki kami nahi hai - shar mein,

Ek dhoondo hazar milenge !!

Such attack cant happen without domestic help.

I don't think so many pakistanis want pakistan dead all the stuff that goes on here cn make people think like that but they are not truely pakistanis.

What are the protocols in place for such situations? What forces can be authorized to storm the complex?

UPDATE:

POLICE PERSONNEL ARE CHANTING "NARA-E-TAKBEER ALLAH O AKBAR" on roof tops while firing their weapons in air! It seem as if a MAJOR victory of some sort has been achieved!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom