What's new

Lahore now the cleanest big city in Pakistan, and greener too. New imagery here!!

Given that Lahoris are eating up ~45% budget of Punjab it is no surprise. Who cares if the rest of Punjab looks like a flooded gutter.
Are you personally effected? and upon what stats you base your dispute?

I went to Rawalpindi from Karachi in my last trip to Pakistan, as soon as you get out of Islo airport, you feel like you are in a different world. Went to my paternal Tehsil city of Talagang and it was much cleaner than Karachi.
North Punjab has traditionally been cleaner than south and center.
People of Pakistan need education in general. Cities can't be kept clean by budgets. It has to be collective culture.

Shukar ha pakistanio ko safaai ka khyaalto aya
Just few pockets, private efforts be few societies, privately paid nothing to do with govt. of Punjab, which just earns most property tax, utility charges and various other forms of taxes from Lahore.

Now Punjabis haters will come and accuse us of stealing their resources and what not. Thought I am not a Lahori, but Lahore has really progressed well ahead.

What budget?
Do 45% of provincial government employees are deputed in Lahore? or 45% of School, colleges, hospitals etc of Punjab are in Lahore?
In last 20 years or so, Lahore City has grown by at least 4 times in area and population; and vast majority has came from Punjab and some from all over Pakistan. And this huge population need infrastructure. But by no means Lahore is consuming 45% of Punjab's budget. If you have stats, then please post it.
And for your information other cities in Punjab has better situation than in Sindh.

He might be having some personal animosity with Lahore.
Karachi is not clean, blame it also on Lahore!

One of the pakistani minister told few years back that lahore should be developed like Delhi.Lahore is still about to introduce some of the infrastructure like Delhi.

Lahore long way to go to catch up with other major cities with regards to economy,business and financial activities,multinational companies presence,world class hospitals,educational institutions,world class airport terminal etc....

Lahore also required world class stadiums and tracks so to conduct international sports event.....

Lahore still have to develop glass structures like Delhi NCR and high rise(I don't know why and any regulation not to do so !)

@Pluralist @Zibago @Farah Sohail @Muhammad Omar

Take your bharti **** out of Lahore!

Given that Lahoris are eating up ~45% budget of Punjab it is no surprise. Who cares if the rest of Punjab looks like a flooded gutter.
Any facts or figures to quote along with your opinion?

Multiple posters have called on you to substantiate your assertion. Why don't you?

At least some place in Pakistan is half-decent and live-able and you have a problem with that?

Just few pockets, private efforts be few societies, privately paid nothing to do with govt. of Punjab, which just earns most property tax, utility charges and various other forms of taxes from Lahore.

Only private housing societies clean on their own, rest of old Lahore is cleaned by Lahore waste management company.

Chandigarh size similar to Bahria town lol

Multiple posters have called on you to substantiate your assertion. Why don't you?

At least some place in Pakistan is half-decent and live-able and you have a problem with that?

Do not expect response with facts. We do get figures of south punjab budget from time to time, their population 30%. Development budget is usually 32% and in education and health close to 40%. Now to think most of remaining budget for north central punjab is spent on Lahore is ridiculous.

https://tribune.com.pk/story/1426702/rs-213-billion-set-aside-south-punjab-development/

Respected sir
Did you ever drink water from severage feasted pipes.
Did your loved one died because your local hospital was unable to attend the sevear emergency and they asked you icko Lahore lay jao.
There are plenty of problems we are facing. Please accept our right of prosperity.
Thanks

Respected sir
Did you ever drink water from severage feasted pipes.
Did your loved one died because your local hospital was unable to attend the sevear emergency and they asked you icko Lahore lay jao.
There are plenty of problems we are facing. Please accept our right of prosperity.
Thanks

The problem in this case is not so much that money is spent in Lahore (it has much higher per-capita income & tax burden too), but that Punjab's (& Pakistan's) development budget is not enough for all the problems. Our security concerns and population growth are major reasons for most of these issues. If we could decrease our population growth & cut our defense expenditure, we would have more options for how & where our development budget is spent.

The money being spent on Lahore is according to a long-term strategy. We want foreign tourists to come and visit Lahore, spend their money, leave with good memories & a positive image of Pakistan. Lahore has to become the face of Pakistan; a clean, well developed, interesting, & memorable place which we can show to the world with hospitality & pride; to show that there is someplace in Pakistan that is clean, safe, & somewhat developed.

I do not know where you are from. But I suggest that, just like private societies in Lahore, gather some funds and dig a deeper bore tubewell to avoid polluted sub-soil water. It is doable & just needs a bit of organization. If people of Sialkot could manage to build their own airport, I bet your folks could get a tubewell going.

I would also urge you to read posts by @Mr.Nair and see what he has to say about development of Lahore. We are far far behind the rest of the world. If Pakistanis can not keep from having a very high population growth, and peace with India looks improbable, then we have to think out of the box to improve our lot. Developing Lahore is not a random fetish but part of an actual well-thought-out plan.

Now I would very much like to hear from @Horus to whom my post was addressed, instead of you. Thanks.

Last edited:
Do not expect response with facts. We do get figures of south punjab budget from time to time, their population 30%. Development budget is usually 32% and in education and health close to 40%. Now to think most of remaining budget for north central punjab is spent on Lahore is ridiculous.

https://tribune.com.pk/story/1426702/rs-213-billion-set-aside-south-punjab-development/

My friend, we are dealing with House of Sharifs here. So, I would not be surprised if a good bit of that budget is left unutilised and spent elsewhere (Lahore?) instead. My main point is that one should base one's opinions on facts, not emotions. When forum Admin is quoting obviously wrong figures without any references, then one has to ask them to show proof.

I can vouch for his observation as iam a Punjabi and non Lahori .

So, I would not be surprised if a good bit of that budget is left unutilised and spent elsewhere (Lahore?) instead

d.c.o's across the Punjab have been given directions to divert a hefty amount of the development budget of those districts to Lahore

You are absolutely wrong, In india we have many cities greener than Lahore...

Kochi
@RealNapster @Hell hound :rofl: Kochi is a city in India

I went to Rawalpindi from Karachi in my last trip to Pakistan, as soon as you get out of Islo airport, you feel like you are in a different world. Went to my paternal Tehsil city of Talagang and it was much cleaner than Karachi.
MA nigga there is no airport in Islamabad..

The airport is in RWP.

My friend, we are dealing with House of Sharifs here. So, I would not be surprised if a good bit of that budget is left unutilised and spent elsewhere (Lahore?) instead. My main point is that one should base one's opinions on facts, not emotions. When forum Admin is quoting obviously wrong figures without any references, then one has to ask them to show proof.
Dear sir, whenever u get the time... Do visit a govt hospital in Lahore (let alone other cities of panjab).

Back
Top Bottom