What's new

Lahore Literary Festival - Mighty Literature, World Arts Festival

Embassy has clarified that it did not prevent Gulzar or anyone else from attending the Lit fest.

Gulzar was on a private visit, not a State visit. The embassy even if it wanted has no power to dictate anything to individuals on private visits.

He was to attend the festival. your media yesterday claimed that he was asked to retrun on security pretext thouugh Gulzar did not say anything when returned back to India however, he afterwards saved India from embarassment by saying he was feeling not well and returned.

anyway such events should not be marred by rivalries. India had already left a bad taste even among those Pakistanis who were soooooo Pro-India and got the real shock and reality check recently

He was to attend the festival. your media yesterday claimed that he was asked to retrun on security pretext thouugh Gulzar did not say anything when returned back to India however, he afterwards saved India from embarassment by saying he was feeling not well and returned.

anyway such events should not be marred by rivalries. India had already left a bad taste even among those Pakistanis who were soooooo Pro-India and got the real shock and reality check recently
Whether or not it leaves a bad taste is irrelevant to India and Indians.

The Embassy of India has absolutely no right to force any Indian on a personal visit to Pakistan. They can at best advise on concerns they might feel. The individual has full rights and is under no obligation to follow them.

However the Embassy is the controlling authority when it is a State Visit.

I think this should be clear enough.

Whether or not it leaves a bad taste is irrelevant to India and Indians.

rightly said and on the same note Indians lose their right to demand Pakistan and Pakistanis to show friendship and respect towards India and Indians and also give you concessions

rightly said and on the same note Indians lose their right to demand Pakistan and Pakistanis to show friendship and respect towards India and Indians and also give you concessions

Pakistan has till date not given any concessions. So it hardly matters.

Dont spread lies however that GoI was involved in preventing artists from going to Lahore. That decision is the sole prerogative of those artists and no one can force or coerce them.

It is my understanding that the only country where the Indian state had restricted travel was South Africa - I remember my first passport clearly stating something to the effect - "Valid everywhere except the Apartheid Regime of South Africa". I think a Pakistani friend's passport also stated "Not valid in the Zionistic Entity of Israel" or maybe it was some Arab passport.

you must be joking, probably indians are embarrassed for brazenly asking invited Pakistani delegations to leave the conference center and india by narendra modi himself.

They left on their own wish.

With 10-15 people killed in Karachi every other day, these soft targets won't take risk.

As far as Gulzar is concerned, it is too early to say anything as to why he went back to India. The Express News Urdu article posted by @Spring Onion is just a speculation. But one thing is for sure, the Indian sentiment recently has become more Anti-Pakistan.

I hope to go to the festival tomorrow. Any forum members wishing to be there tomorrow?

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder how I will work around my issues when the book is published. Will someone else go on behalf of me? Damn, I wish I was ok

It is my understanding that the only country where the Indian state had restricted travel was South Africa - I remember my first passport clearly stating something to the effect - "Valid everywhere except the Apartheid Regime of South Africa". I think a Pakistani friend's passport also stated "Not valid in the Zionistic Entity of Israel" or maybe it was some Arab passport.

Which book have you authored? Or did you just wish to visit like that?

you must be joking, probably indians are embarrassed for brazenly asking invited Pakistani delegations to leave the conference center and india by narendra modi himself.
Well your KPK Chief Minister just got attacked today. what chance an Indian have.

I think the security concern is valid.

Its a mass gathering and killing Indians will certainly strain Indo-Pak relations even more after what have been going in past recent weeks.

Be rational. Its a good target for terrorists who want PA to fight IA so that they can have reduced action against them.

Well your KPK Chief Minister just got attacked today. what chance an Indian have.

Its a mass gathering and killing Indians will certainly strain Indo-Pak relations even more after what have been going in past recent weeks.

Be rational. Its a good target for terrorists who want PA to fight IA so that they can have reduced action against them.

So some Indian Visits Pakistan and get blown away in mass suicide attack with 100 other Pakistanis, will that strain indo-pak relations?? If so then stay the FFFFs in India, never needed you will never needs you be it the few sane Indians like Gulzar...keep him there

Time to put a non-issue to rest:

"Gulzar Sahib has allowed us to share his letter with everyone:

Dear Ameena Saiyid Ji,

Perhaps by now you may be aware that while at Lahore, I had taken the opportunity to visit Dina to have a look at the house where I was born and spent my teens and of course the Qaber of my late guru and mentor Ahmed Nadeem Quasmi to pay my respects. I was moved very much by these two visits. As ill-luck would have it, I felt very uneasy in the chest. The uneasiness subsided temporarily at the recording studio. We were recording a song for Vishal with Pakistani singers. The discomfort returned when reached the Hotel. It was 2 A.M. Vishal postponed the recording for a later date some time in March and we impulsively decided to return to Mumbai, which being a familiar terrain to meet such contingencies. Thus I reached Mumbai on 13th night.

I had come fully prepared for The Karachi Literary Festival. But this mishap has disappointed me very much. I am awfully sorry for this, which is beyond my control.

With very best wishes for a very successful Festival.
Yours sincerely, Gulzar"

Embassy has clarified that it did not prevent Gulzar or anyone else from attending the Lit fest.

Gulzar was on a private visit, not a State visit. The embassy even if it wanted has no power to dictate anything to individuals on private visits.

Well, as per Gulzar sahib, the reason for his hasty return was heaviness in his chest - I know for some reasons that such individuals are encouraged not to travel for the symptoms may aggravate. They are advised to consult the doctor sooner than later, I am sure Gulzar sahib had better option at that time to meet such contingency!

Aray bhai, we can not let terrorists dictate our route to peace.

In Karachi or Lahore, TTP do not roam in the streets looking for Indians. Their resources seem to have become strained and they are seemingly confined to KPK in their suicide bombings etc...

I just posted Gulzar sb's letter. That should put speculations to rest.

Well, as per Gulzar sahib, the reason for his hasty return was heaviness in his chest - I know for some reasons that such individuals are encouraged not to travel for the symptoms may aggravate. They are advised to consult the doctor sooner than later, I am sure Gulzar sahib had better option at that time to meet such contingency!

The point again harks back to people like Spring Onion who behave like 10 year olds do on being denied a candy or rather a Pakistani 10 year old - who also see's a grand Indian/Israeli/American conspiracy behind being denied a candy.

I clarified that the Embassy has no control or power over any individual on a trip to anywhere on the globe.

Back
Top Bottom