What's new

Kurds protest wall being built by Turkey - clash with police

Let us stay on topic guys. We had a great dialogue.

Who and what is acem? I googled, but didn't turn up anything.

if you had searched keywords "acem kurd" you'd know. :D

I didn't know too, i saw your post, then i decided to put the theme of this thread in the query, namely it's about Kurds.

I thought it's some derogatory name for Kurds though.

if you had searched keywords "acem kurd" you'd know. :D

I didn't know too, i saw your post, then i decided to put the theme of this thread in the query, namely it's about Kurds.

I thought it's some derogatory name for Kurds though.

It ddoesn't have to do anything with Kurds.
It was simply tthe ottoman way of calling Iranians

It ddoesn't have to do anything with Kurds.
It was simply tthe ottoman way of calling Iranians

Well, i wouldn't know that, i saw kalu_miah's post where he said only acem doesn't give any relevant results, so i thought about it for a second or two and made a conclusion i'll try acem with the theme of the thread, ie. Kurds, i figured it will somehow be connected.
At the time i thought, like i wrote before it's some term for Kurds, and seeing on PDF opposing sides have colorful and to me funny names for each other i wanted to know.

A bunch of results appeared on the first side in Turkish, browser translated it for me and it said Persian Kurd on most pages.

here's the search results: acem kurd - Google Search

Well, i wouldn't know that, i saw kalu_miah's post where he said only acem doesn't give any relevant results, so i thought about it for a second or two and made a conclusion i'll try acem with the theme of the thread, ie. Kurds, i figured it will somehow be connected.
At the time i thought, like i wrote before it's some term for Kurds, and seeing on PDF opposing sides have colorful and to me funny names for each other i wanted to know.

A bunch of results appeared on the first side in Turkish, browser translated it for me and it said Persian Kurd on most pages.

Ajam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It is also the old name of Iran used mostly by Arabs and Turks (keshvar-e Ajam) as a synonym to Persia, also a medieval name for the Persian Gulf (Bahr-e Ajam), or to refer to the follower of Shia religion.[14]

The definition of the term acem differs by the people it's being used apparently (didn't know that :) ).
But in Turkish it means İranian.

Hence the term "acem oyunları" which xenon used, meaning acem plays, that was used for the extreme trickery and treachoury tactics used by the İranians against the ottomans. İt seems their off springs are still in these "acem trickeries", considering all the false flag accounts.

Anyways, it was nice to follow history classes with you. Managed to learn a few new things my self too.

Cheers,

Mate, that search returns a song style....... Acem kurdi is a regional song style, like saying Hip-hop, soul, R&B etc.... 

Here have look acem - Tureng - Turkish English Dictionary

Last edited by a moderator:
Mate, that search returns a song style....... Acem kurdi is a regional song style, like saying Hip-hop, soul, R&B etc.... 

Here have look acem - Tureng - Turkish English Dictionary

Well, i don't know Turkish so i couldn't have known word "acem" has several meanings as per your link. But still, one of them means Persian, so i wasn't far off. :tongue:
I like how some of them lead to words like "double faced", "double dealing".

Well, i don't know Turkish so i couldn't have known word "acem" has several meanings as per your link. But still, one of them means Persian, so i wasn't far off. :tongue:
Well, we was talking encrypted, its revealed now. :disagree:

And to double faced part, ''Acem kilici gibi'' means double faced but not because of Persians, actually it is referring to double edged sword, maybe from Persians.
So its not something negative to Persians.

Last edited:

Mate, you are trying to run some logic and sound funny for Turks here. :) As we know our language and you don't know :)

Mate, you are trying to run some logic and sound funny for Turks here. :) As we know our language and you don't know :)

So, acem has nothing to do with Persian then? I know i don't know Turkish but since you provided a link where it specifically mentions acem as a word meaning Persian....

So, acem has nothing to do with Persian then? I know i don't know Turkish but since you provided a link where it specifically mentions acem as a word meaning Persian....
Acem means Persian in Turkish its nothing negative.

Acem means Persian in Turkish its nothing negative.

Oh well....i really don't want to debate this any further since i know diddly squat about Turkish, but double dealing and double faced definitely have some negative conotations.

That said, it's none of my business what you call each other (except out of comical value) and i wish all of you and acem's a pleasant evening. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom