What's new

Kumbh Mela: 'Eight million' bathers on first day of festival

There are many such news Items everywhere.
Here a Pakistani is lamenting about poor sanitation facilities.
BTW its your OWN - A Pakistani media outlet.
We are living in a dotcom world, so dont shy away from it.

It's well known and obvious that Mecca' sanitation facilities outweigh the whole of India's by a large margin. No one can deny that.

Pulling up random blogs to prove a point doesn't mean anything.

All I need is to post of a pic of the Ganges River today to show you the sanitation problems.

Mahakumbh's management is both a sacred and secular triumph

With over 100 million people expected to visit the Allahabad Sangam, the Mahakumbh Mela is the biggest spiritual show on earth. According to the Hindu calendar, the Kumbh marks particular dates when bathing in holy waters is especially auspicious. The Mahakumbh is the biggest of these cyclical sacred dates, occurring once every 12 years.

The ritual is rooted in an ancient Hindu myth of creation and order. Texts note that during a battle for divine ambrosia between gods and demons, drops of this nectar spilled from its kumbh or vessel upon Haridwar, Ujjain, Nasik and Allahabad. From this comes the custom of the devout flocking to these sites for holy dips.

Alongside Hindus though, the Kumbh is open to all, observers, participants or passing tourists — as Mark Twain was when he wondered awestruck on the Kumbh in 1895.

Yet, its core belief aside, the Kumbh has changed remarkably with time. In earlier years, a hoary joke accompanied the mela about siblings separated amidst its millions, reunited later in life. While many were routinely lost amidst crowds, the events were also beset by disease, even stampedes.

Recently, however, there is far greater administrative control around the Kumbh. From running ghats to parking lots, providing shelter, security and sanitation, offering services from potable water to hospitals, managing infrastructure, crowds and communication, the local administration has clearly taken the world's hugest spiritual event in its stride.

It's heartening to see such a mammoth and complex occasion, lasting 55 days, well-planned and coordinated. If evidently capable administrations only extended such care to the daily running of their domains, we'd feel even more blessed.

It's well known and obvious that Mecca' sanitation facilities outweigh the whole of India's by a large margin. No one can deny that.

But Mecca is NOT ready when its thronged by 3 million people, all at once - thats the point here.

Pulling up random blogs to prove a point doesn't mean anything.

DAWN.COM very famous Pakistani brand.

All I need is to post of a pic of the Ganges River today to show you the sanitation problems.

You dont need to, for it is considered a polluted river among Indians already and Indians do agree on this fact, whereas you are not accepting the poor Hajj sanitation facilities that do exist during that peak time.

A blog... Are you kidding me man

Keep in my mind, though this is a blog, look at the writers credibility

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/centra...-struggle-respected-hindus.html#ixzz2IDQZBsWW

Why dont you look at the writer's ability?

Practice what you preach.

I am not asking you to scientifically prove it. I am asking you to show me a source in any Hindu scripture which explicitly states that taking a dip at the Sangam on a specific date is holier than taking a dip on any other day at any other point on the Ganga.

Save face? LOL - about what? You are the one taking it as a personal affront to Hinduism. I could be wrong - once you show me the source in the scripture, it will be settled.
I will describe you the same tomorrow. Just for Prayag is known as "Teerthraj" and holier than any other place is because it got highest nector and world's largest yagya happened here. Apart from that it has water for 2 holy rivers.

But Mecca is NOT ready when its thronged by 3 million people, all at once - thats the point here.

DAWN.COM very famous Pakistani brand.

You dont need to, for it is considered a polluted river among Indians already and Indians do agree on this fact, whereas you are not accepting the poor Hajj sanitation facilities that do exist during that peak time.

The whole Masjid al haram is not "thronged" by 3 million ppl. Saudi govt offer pilgrims 5 class hotels to stay

I never denied that maybe Mecca has sanitation problems during peak time. It's obvious that any crowded place would have sanitation problems.

The whole Masjid al haram is not "thronged" by 3 million ppl. Saudi govt offer pilgrims 5 class hotels to stay

I never denied that maybe Mecca has sanitation problems during peak time. It's obvious that any crowded place would have sanitation problems.

That is the cream of the coffee cup.

I will describe you the same tomorrow. Just for Prayag is known as "Teerthraj" and holier than any other place is because it got highest nector and world's largest yagya happened here. Apart from that it has water for 2 holy rivers.

Thanks - look forward to it. Which scripture is it by the way?

Neither do I expect any reasonable/genuine question from you macaulay putra.

Says the boy in Yankland, clearly unable to see the irony.

poonampandeymahakumbh550.jpg

Poonam Pandey takes a dip at Maha Kumbh Mela

Nice-- :smitten:-​

Thanks - look forward to it. Which scripture is it by the way?

You are bad man, you woke me up from my bed. Prayag's mention starts in Vedas when Lord Brahma chose this Place to perform Prakrista Yagya (or Yajna) during beginning of Creation of world. Hence Pra-(from Prachin means old) and Yag (Yagya) name given to City.

If you read Agni Purana, then God of Fire mention the great "Fire Cavities" or Kunds which are Holy and flow below to Holy Ganges. This also makes it most important for "Shradh Ceremony" (After death ceremony).
Prayag In Agni Purana

If You read Padam Purana, Brahm Puran, Ramayan, Ramcharit Manas, Mahabharat etc Hindu scriptures. You will also find it's mention and Holier than Thou (in true sense) reference.
Welcome to the official website of Allahabad

Says the boy in Yankland, clearly unable to see the irony.

Back
Top Bottom