What's new

Kumbh Mela: 'Eight million' bathers on first day of festival

Can non-Hindus join in this event?

Or is it like Mecca where non-Muslims are banned from entering?

I am not asking you to scientifically prove it. I am asking you to show me a source in any Hindu scripture which explicitly states that taking a dip at the Sangam on a specific date is holier than taking a dip on any other day at any other point on the Ganga.

Save face? LOL - about what? You are the one taking it as a personal affront to Hinduism. I could be wrong - once you show me the source in the scripture, it will be settled.

There is a reason why Hinduism is called unorganized religion..or it is not included in the religion of the books. Most of its traditions/practises are just practised or passed orally over the generations and it does not take a genius to understand that.

As to your question about the significance of this one place I have already answered that it was one of the four places that the heavenly nectar spilled during the churning of the ocean and hence the religious significance. yet you insist keep on with this idiotic reasoning of yours. Your question has as much reason and sense as why New Year is celebrated on the first of January and not on the 29th of April.

Can non-Hindus join in this event?

Or is it like Mecca where non-Muslims are banned from entering?

Anyone can join...Religion no bar.

There is a reason why Hinduism is called unorganized religion..or it is not included in the religion of the books. Most of its traditions/practises are just practised or passed orally over the generations and it does not take a genius to understand that.

As to your question about the significance of this one place I have already answered that it was one of the four places that the heavenly nectar spilled during the churning of the ocean and hence the religious significance. yet you insist keep on with this idiotic reasoning of yours.

Anyone can join...Religion no bar.

So you are basically saying that there is no such source in the plethora of Hindu scripture that abounds? Also, I find it offensive that you refer to Hinduism as an unorganized religion.

Even there was some study conducted on Water Pollution from mass Bathing in Ganga River During Kumbha Mela. If anyone can get hold of full report please post the link.

Water Pollution from mass Bathing in Ganga River During Kumbha Mela

Foreword

Mass bathing is frequently held in India. On certain religious occasions,
special importance is assigned to it and a very large number of people take
bath during a short period in specific stretches of rivers, lakes, tanks and sea
coast. 'Kumbh' and 'Ardh-Kumbh' are such occasions when millions take dip
at sacred spots.
Water quality is severely affected by mass bathing. Deterioration of river water
quality may injure health of the people taking the dip and also the population
downstream which use the river as a source of water for drinking and bathing.
To ascertain the deterioration of water quality, changes due to mass bathing
have to be observed through monitoring before, during and after the mass
bathing event and taking appropriate actions at all stages. The Central Board
for the Prevention and Control of Water pollution in the above context had
sent its team of scientists and
engineers to several religious congregations to monitor water quality changes.

http://www.cpcb.nic.in/upload/Publications/Publication_279_sec4_15.pdf

I bet mass bathing is better than letting sewage and affluents from textile tanneries, which BD releases the most. U urself know this. Or do u want a link how Bangladesh pollutes its river?

And u have no right to question us what we do in our part of our river. If u dont want fine, dont use it.
U will be only using this river after Hindus bathing only./
Go cry somewhere

So you are basically saying that there is no such source in the plethora of Hindu scripture that abounds? Also, I find it offensive that you refer to Hinduism as an unorganized religion.

No I am saying it is a tradition that has been practised from time immemorial and no one needs to be condescending about it.

No I am saying it is a tradition that has been practised from time immemorial and no one needs to be condescending about it.

LOL - I am glad this is 2012 and not 1855 - else you and I would be having the same argument about Sati and you would be defending it on the basis of it being practised from time immemorial. LOL.

A blog... Are you kidding me man

There are many such news Items everywhere.
Here a Pakistani is lamenting about poor sanitation facilities.
BTW its your OWN - A Pakistani media outlet.
We are living in a dotcom world, so dont shy away from it.

Back
Top Bottom