What's new

‘Kufr’ Fatwa to be issued against Imran Khan unless he publicly apologizes, religious group issues s

During the Ottoman times Muftis & Qadis were appointed by the Gov’t nominated Religious Council. Now nearly all Muftis are self-appointed.

As for the Fatwa’s; Deoband scholars declared use of Loud Speaker ‘Unlawful’ or ‘Haraam’ because they could not be sure whether the sound coming out was original or duplicate. The famous anti-Pakistani Sheikhul Hind, Maulana Hassan Madani considered that loudspeaker compromised integrity of the prayer. It was only after 'Hajis' returning from Mecca testified to its use there that loudspeaker became common place in the mosques in Pakistan.

Problem is that even though ‘Qiyas’ or thinking /reasoning is allowed in Islam, most of the Islamic Theologians; having little knowledge of the outside world; consider anything that was not present during the time of the Rashidun as ‘Beda’a’ or innovation and thus haraam.

Most of the Mulsim Leaders starting with Sir Syed Ahmed Khan, Quaid-e- Azam etc. have also been declared ‘Kafir’ at onetime or another. I don't like Taliban Khan but he is certainly not 'Kafir'. I wouldn’t worry about what this bigoted two bit Mullah says one way or another.

Why Mullah like 'Pir Muhammad Afzal Qadri' are even allowed an inch space. Until and unless we do not arrest these so called Islam kay thakedaars, violence in the name of religion will never be end.

Some people who were least bothered when same mullahs facilitated Qadri and called Taseer's son a blasphemer, are now disgusted by mullahs. Hypocrisy or, getting matured?

During the Ottoman times Muftis & Qadis were appointed by the Gov’t nominated Religious Council. Now nearly all Muftis are self-appointed.

As for the Fatwa’s; Deoband scholars declared use of Loud Speaker ‘Unlawful’ or ‘Haraam’ because they could not be sure whether the sound coming out was original or duplicate. The famous anti-Pakistani Sheikhul Hind, Maulana Hassan Madani considered that loudspeaker compromised integrity of the prayer. It was only after 'Hajis' returning from Mecca testified to its use there that loudspeaker became common place in the mosques in Pakistan.

Problem is that even though ‘Qiyas’ or thinking /reasoning is allowed in Islam, most of the Islamic Theologians; having little knowledge of the outside world; consider anything that was not present during the time of the Rashidun as ‘Beda’a’ or innovation and thus haraam.

Most of the Mulsim Leaders starting with Sir Syed Ahmed Khan, Quaid-e- Azam etc. have also been declared ‘Kafir’ at onetime or another. I don't like Taliban Khan but he is certainly not 'Kafir'. I wouldn’t worry about what this bigoted two bit Mullah says one way or another.

Because the Ottoman empire was a Caliphate. Declare a Caliphate in Pakistan and no one will question your appointments. Except, our religious scholars point out that you can't promulgate a Caliphate on irreligious people who don't even want to follow religion. Hence, the need to first rekindle the fire of belief in our hearts.

There is a set of pre-conditions: body of knowledge, character etc. that is necessary before Fatwa can be issued. No one else can issue a Fatwa. BUT, someone who satisfies all the preconditions is still a human and can make a mistake. In that case, when the true details become known, the person does a "Rujo'o" from the position. In the case of the loudspeaker, as knowledge about the system increased, the decision changed. Today, the correct understanding is that the ruling on loudspeaker is the same as that of echo. If the sound is 'live', that is, the Qari is actually performing the Qirat, then the loudspeaker is consider another medium of echo and the Salat is valid. Without this understanding, the scholars were right in being conservative because a person could start praying behind a tape recorder! This has nothing to do with Hajis returning from Mecca.

Qiyas is NOT for everyone because the Nafs or desires of ordinary people lead them astray. Please stop being condescending about our Theologians. Your ridicule is nothing but your inner hatred of those who are closest to the ways of our beloved Prophet Muhammad Sallallahu 'Alaihi Wa Aalihi Wasallam.

Sir Syed's anti-Islam writings are well known, and great Muslim leaders of the time considered him misguided. The Fatwa on him:

http://www.banuri.edu.pk/readquestion/sir-syed-ahmad-khan-ky-bary-nm-ulma-ki-raiy/2013-08-27

As far as Imran Khan is considered, this is exactly why it is better to keep one's mouth shut when one doesn't have any inkling of what he is talking about. Upstarts who think they know everything will keep getting their idiotic views exposed.

Why Mullah like 'Pir Muhammad Afzal Qadri' are even allowed an inch space. Until and unless we do not arrest these so called Islam kay thakedaars, violence in the name of religion will never be end.

Following the legal process is violence?

‘Kufr’ Fatwa to be issued against Imran Khan unless he publicly apologizes, religious group issues serious warning
Pakistan
by Hamza Rao | Published on January 2, 2017
640x360ximran-khan-pti-wallpapers-1024x576.jpg.pagespeed.ic.na7I4hi5_u.webp

Facebook
Twitter
Reddit
LAHORE – Pir Muhammad Afzal Qadri, a religious scholar who issued Fatwa of infidelity against Shaan Taseer, has written an open letter to Chairman of Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf Imran Khan over his speech regarding prophet Muhammad (PBUH), warning him of facing ‘dire consequences’ if he doesn’t render an apology.

The Fatwa alleges that Imran Khan, in one of his speeches, had said blasphemous sentences for the Prophet (PBUH) and ‘accused’ him of being mentally ill.

xUntitledv.jpg.pagespeed.ic.fpd-x7wwuA.webp

Talking to Daily Pakistan, Pir Muhammad Afzal Qadri said that if the leader doesn’t render an open apology, the organisation will formally issue a religious edict, declaring him a ‘Wajib-ul-Qatal’ (liable to death).

“If the state fails to execute Imran Khan, it wouldn’t be a crime if any ‘aashiq-e-Rasool’ (lover of prophet P.B.U.H) kills him. He will be exempt from Qisas and Diyat (blood money),” Qadri told Daily Pakistan, adding the blood of blasphemer – in this case, Imran Khan’s – has no worth compared to Prophet (PBUH).

Just recently, Qadri had also issued a ‘Kufr’ fatwa against Shaan Taseer, son of the slain Governor Salman Taseer, for allegedly committing blasphemy in his ‘Christmas special’ video message.

It is pertinent to note that under the National Action Plan (NAP), religious extremism and persecution was outlawed. Hate speech and threats under the label of religious beliefs were supposed to be dealt with high sensitivity. However, the majority of the hate speech has gone scot-free.

Facebook
Twitter
Reddit
Related Stories
idiots

And who are those ? In which school they did get the qualification for their study ? What type of study ? What is the name of the offical course/titel of this study ?
Those who have the knowledge to extract laws from pillars of shariah. Those who can distinguish between Naasikh o Mansookh, Rajeh Marjoh, Qol e Zaef o Mukhtar etc etc.
State has failed in its responsibility to formalize a system in which all these details could be defined and officialized.
Are we also allowed to study ?
Every Muslim is allowed to study.

This kind will understand more when western countries will / if enforce similar kind of blasphemy laws upon them .. today this kind can get up and talk their hearts and minds in parks and places in western countries critising whoever they like "from religious figures , personal beleif to the head of the state " under the umbrella of freedom of speech but the same kind is un-willing to give similar rights to minorities in their respective / native countries/ lands .. isnt that a top notch hippocract or what is if there is an example existing !!?

Excuse me . You're just portraying my image as a hypocrite to satisfy your anger on the blasphemy law in our country .

As much as my kind are supporters of punishments on gustakh Rasool , we're also equal supporters of minority rights .

And the Punishment should not be death , I dont support it but can be any other form which rulers thinks best .

Last edited:
Bro, You are absolutely right. In this particular case I feel the Molvi Sahab went a bit too far by declaring him a Kafir and wajibul Qatal.
The reason behind not expressing my opinion about this particular case is the fact that I don't have the knowledge to verify or negate this fatwa. I didn't even listen to the original statement of IK. So it's advisable for people like us to shut our mouth. The margin of error in this particular case is very minute. People needs to understand the severity of the situation and must be very very careful about issuing any absolute statements.
I am not a follower of this person and i have differences on many issues but his speech in this matter is worth watching.
Molvi Sahab should have remembered, our Lord is the same one who forgave a prostitute for giving water to a thirsty najas animal, a dog. Then there is the incident of the guy who had murdered 99 people, and sought forgiveness. A direct approach to IK , and seeking clarification would have been a better option, rather than issuing a death warrant in the media.
The burden of this fatwa rests on the shoulder on Mufti Sahib. We should avoid taking such a huge burden.
IK's intention was by no means to malign, hurt, damage, or take Islam of on a tangent, so a fatwa like this is very questionable. Don't you think so?
It's questionable. But it doesn't mean that we should start to malign him by declaring him a terrorist, extremist, Mullah, Jahil etc. Our people have the tendency to issue absolute statements.

He apologized for the statement. The matter is closed now.
https://defence.pk/threads/after-fatwas-by-ulema-imran-khan-apoligizes.470551/

The matter is closed now.

Is it? What if another scum bag pops up and says it's not enough and IK needs to pay with his blood?
My point is there cannot be a state within a state. If IK Indeed committed a crime than an apology alone should not be acceptable but only a state can decide to the extent they want to go and not some two bit mullah.
This kind of act only strengthens the Intolerance present in our society.

I have seen the video of the SKH Karachi ceremony, and couldn't find anything wrong with IK's speech, hence my shock at this fatwa. I would suggest you look at the video, read the translation of Surah Al Qalam & Surah Ad Dhuha please.

Secondly, I personally find Tahir ul Qadri to be a hypocrite, he cries for Pakistan while sitting in Canada. Each time he runs out of cash he comes howling. Can't stand him.

Had it been anyone else, I wouldn't have bothered, but for you I have immense respect and love. I hope you will take my words with the best of intentions.

Best Regards

The Prophet Sallallahu 'Alaihi Wa Aalihi Wasallam CANNOT have any doubts about his own Prophethood and his being the Messenger of Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'aala. Those claiming IK did nothing wrong are attacking the very foundations of our religion. Best not to open your mouth about such highly sensitive matters. At best, IK's words were that of an illiterate, idiot who has no idea of the implications of his own words. At worst, if he actually harbors such ideas through a determined thought process, the Ulema are the best people to speak about him.

Is it? What if another scum bag pops up and says it's not enough and IK needs to pay with his blood?
My point is there cannot be a state within a state. If IK Indeed committed a crime than an apology alone should not be acceptable but only a state can decide to the extent they want to go and not some two bit mullah.
This kind of act only strengthens the Intolerance present in our society.

If the state is not in accordance with the Guidance provided by Allah and His Prophet Sallallahu 'Alaihi Wa Aalihi Wasallam, it can never hope to have any legitimacy in matters of religion. Here is the strange thing. On the one hand people advocate the separation of religion and state. And then they want such a secular state to start interceding in matters of religion? You can't have it both ways.

Back
Top Bottom