What's new

Kozhikode twin blasts: Life sentences for guilty

acetophenol

Reaction score
Country
India
KOCHI: A special National Investigation Agency (NIA) court here Friday sentenced to life imprisonment two of the accused in the 2006 twin bomb blasts in Kozhikode in Kerala.
T. Nazeer, self-styled south India chief of Lashkar-e-Taiba, was sentenced to life imprisonment along with a relative, Shafaz.
Nazeer was also fined Rs.1.60 lakh and Shafaz Rs.1.10 lakh. Both hail from Kannur and have been sent to the Central Jail in Thiruvananthapuram.
In prison the two should be provided with books on the Indian constitution and India's independence struggle, the court said.
Both were charged with waging war against the nation and taking part in "anti-national activities".
This is the first ever verdict in a case chargesheeted by NIA in Kerala.
No one was killed in the Kozhikode blasts.
Nazeer was arrested in 2009 at the India-Bangladesh border in Meghalaya. The NIA took over the case from the Kerala Police Crime Branch.
Nazeer is also allegedly involved in the 2005 terror attack on the Bangalore-based Indian Institute of Science in which a retired professor was killed.they also will be given training in different employement skills in order to understand the value of hard work and self-living.

Kozhikode twin blasts: Life sentences for guilty - southindia - Kerala - ibnlive

p.s: if this thread is in wrong section,please delete it or move it.

only life sentences? they should fry these guys they tried to kill innocents and instead of getting the rightful death penalty they are given the chance to live there miserable lives in a Indian jail being fed and clothed by tax payer money?

this is why India needs tough anti terror legislation similar to the patriot act of US only difference though giving death sentence to convicted terrorists

only life sentences? they should fry these guys they tried to kill innocents and instead of getting the rightful death penalty they are given the chance to live there miserable lives in a Indian jail being fed and clothed by tax payer money?

this is why India needs tough anti terror legislation similar to the patriot act of US only difference though giving death sentence to convicted terrorists

i think the court has taken the right decision.they are given every chances to realise their mistakes and come back to a normal life.
we are trying to correct them and setting an example to others.

i think the court has taken the right decision.they are given every chances to realise their mistakes and come back to a normal life.

the terrorist does not care about normal life or examples, these guys would kill innocents or themselves in the name of god to get a spot in heaven because they think they are doing it rightfully for god

if you really want to set an example to terrorists you torture them to death slowly and send videos of it to other terrorists so they know whats coming to them if they get caught trying do there actions

the terrorist does not care about normal life or examples, these guys would kill innocents or themselves in the name of god to get a spot in heaven because they think they are doing it rightfully for god

if you really want to set an example to terrorists you torture them to death slowly and send videos of it to other terrorists so they know whats coming to them if they get caught trying do there actions

no no!:no::no:

Then what will be the difference between Terrorist & State

You do know these people end up influencing other criminals in jails right? Its easy as most criminals can be made anti state pretty easily by providing an 'easy to understand' ideology for their crimes.

I'm not saying hang them (not that I care either way), but they should be given no contact to other prisoners.

Then what will be the difference between Terrorist & State

you tell me, a terrorist is a person who terrorizes innocent people to achieve his/her means the gov't that executes a terrorist is not a terrorist all im saying is there should be no mercy for terrorists, keeping them alive for the rest of there life is a bane to the taxpayers why should we pay to feed and clothe a terrorist? would you want your money going towards that?

You do know these people end up influencing other criminals in jails right? Its easy as most criminals can be made anti state pretty easily by providing an 'easy to understand' ideology for their crimes.

I'm not saying hang them (not that I care either way), but they should be given no contact to other prisoners.

there is a place like that called ADX florence no human contact whatsoever sounds like a scary place :)

Courts ruling was funny. They have been given reading Constitution and stories of freedom struggle and independence only inside jail and would be given vocational training in various jobs inside jail compound.... They would in all likely be placed in Kannur central jail and they have some 2 times life imprisonments to complete....

I say make them work harder inside the job centres in jail and make them give something back to society ...

if they are going to give them life in jail why not life in a work camp?

This much understanding you can expect from the jailors. What is needed is a provision for long jail terms for special cases. This people should be behind bars for the rest of their lives.

ps. I don't support death penalty due to 1 simple reason. You can't give life to a dying person. You don't have the power. The almighty has not given us that power due to a simple reason. He does not want us to decide who should get life and who should not. He has sent us here for some purpose and when it's over, he will take us away.

And we should not be hasty in wishing death for anyone since even the wisest men can't see through all the tumults of time.

What we can do is protect the society from such monsters. Let them be behind bars.

you tell me, a terrorist is a person who terrorizes innocent people to achieve his/her means the gov't that executes a terrorist is not a terrorist all im saying is there should be no mercy for terrorists, keeping them alive for the rest of there life is a bane to the taxpayers why should we pay to feed and clothe a terrorist? would you want your money going towards that?

Eventhough he is a terrorist, his actions never caused the death of anybody. May be that was taken into account by court when giving the verdict.

Also I heard that terrorists along with rapists and child molesters don't have an easy life in jails.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom