What's new

Kosovo declared 'fully independent

Even Jordan which it's foreign policy can be described as cautious and moderate dedicated all it's resources from media to political support and even reached a point that king Hussein opened the door for jihad and arms transfer for the first time in Jordan history. Egypt, Pakistan and KSA warned the international community with perusing all means to stop the genocide against Muslims, till NATO acted. We were in front of national channels, watching events there, as they were dedicated to cover the genocide with beautiful and patriotic songs, the most popular one is called "Sarajevo". It was nice to see Muslim and Arab world united albeit for once. Turkish reaction was relatively (as they are the closest to Kosvo ethnically, culturally, geographically and historically), was shy as they used to introduce itself as a secular state, as well as, they were looking to join EU, so, although Turkey strongly condemned Serbia, but ther were always keen to add (within internal laws) statement, which technically means no violation to arms embargo imposed unjustly on both fighting parties. I don't mean to undermine Turkish vital role, but just said it, and it's open for further discussion.

Welcome to the world community kiddo, Peace and Prosperity!

I remember the heinous massacres that were committed against them, I was about 6 years old and couldn't understand what was going on over there, I thought it was between the west and Muslims. However, their suffering moved all Muslims. They deserve all the best.
Too simplistic. Balkan history is lengthy, bloody, and difficult to understand. It's a pity, though, that in a war where the West clearly intervened to protect Muslims it's being remembered differently less than twenty years later.

Too simplistic. Balkan history is lengthy, bloody, and difficult to understand. It's a pity, though, that in a war where the West clearly intervened to protect Muslims it's being remembered differently less than twenty years later.

Solomon,
I don't know why the 'West' protected the 'Muslims' of Kosovo. I really don't. However, some might see a larger anti-Russia motive in that? I mean there are plenty of other conflicts around the world where the West did not interfere. Of course you can say that, 'oh, well, we can't be everywhere' but I still think there is a room for debate about the West's real intention in Kosovo. Yes, I welcome the help to the Kosovars but still...
Also, this is kind of twisted logic, if you are really implying that, that because the West helped the 'Muslims' of Kosovo the current actions of the West viz a viz Muslims are justifiable. If you are implying that then Turks should hold feel morally superior to the Jews because of the historic help given to the Jews? Or for that matter, Muslims should feel morally superior to the West because the BIGGEST anti-West power USSR was mortally wounded by the very active and bloody participation of Muslims.

There are very few things in this world--least of all the causes for bloody wars--which can be easily explained.

Congrats Kosovo - Do not forget who helped you and protected you and nurtured your birth as an independent nation.

Congratulations to all citizens of Kosovo on their independence. May you and your country prosper and have eternal peace.

a lot of water and muslim blood in Iraq, Afghanistan, Lybia, and Seria has flown undet the bridge in these 20 years. One good deed can not cover so many evil deeds.

What an unfortunate event. :tdown:

I am very pleased that this weak-reared GOI hasn't recognized this illegitimate state and pray that it doesn't.

This sets a very bad example and soon one day entire Europe will realize what blunder they committed by recognizing such entities.

EU must remember that they have their own festering problems despite their small continental geography.

Cartographic aggression is something Europeans have initially been good at but have later suffered really bad; the history is simply repeating itself.

What an unfortunate event. :tdown:

I am very pleased that this weak-reared GOI hasn't recognized this illegitimate state and pray that it doesn't.

This sets a very bad example and soon one day entire Europe will realize what blunder they committed by recognizing such entities.

EU must remember that they have their own festering problems despite their small continental geography.

Cartographic aggression is something Europeans have initially been good at but have later suffered really bad; the history is simply repeating itself.

So, whats your rationale? - Blind hatred ?

Solomon,
I don't know why the 'West' protected the 'Muslims' of Kosovo. I really don't. However, some might see a larger anti-Russia motive in that?
Perhaps you need to re-read the Koran to seek a perspective that will make sense of it all?

Zardari fitna has to answer this question!

Pakistan's foreign office is working against Pakistani, interests.

Zardari being pro west will be happy to go along with US and Europe in recognising kosovo..It is the Chinese influence stopping pakistan from recognising kosovo..Remember that China is a serbian ally and was opposing UN move against Serbia during milosevich era..

dont you know the west allowed the serbs to attack UN camps where muslims of bosnia has taken refugee.....then once muslims were killed then they intervened.......

UN camps were hideouts for KLA from certain reports I had read.Look at Syria.Ambulances in Syria used to supply terrorists weapons.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom