What's new

Korea wins Math Olympiad

tell me some famous chinese mathematicians ??? korea is also always in top 4 in maths competition. pls tell me one famous koream mathematician that u know??

loll its not all about govt backing.
Check all math related journals, they are flooded with research articles of Chinese researchers.

I know coz I deal with it daily. They are like machine in churning out new paper....just give them one Idea they can publish five paper before any Indian can write and publish one.....and referees of these journals give more attention and admire Chinese one than Indian.

Many authors of other countries hate chinese coz when they present a new idea, before he can publish other extensions and related research, chinese have done it already.

Or go to any universities website, most of the maths related department will have many chinese students especially at post graduate level.

Learn to accept the facts.....

what do these olympiads tell u???
korea, an economically highly developed country with some of the best education system in the world and 100% literacy rate, tops the result. but the country in its entire history has never produced a single nobel prize winner.

on the other hand european countries come 40-50 in these olympids behind india, china and iran and asians. but they discover the god particle an fire worlds largest lasers. asians due to their hardworkd will win these olympiads will will always depend on westerners when it comes for scientific discovery.

Korea highly developed for only the last 10 years , where as the west had reached that position for more than 20 years, nobel science prize winner is more to do with strong financial backing nothing else.

International Mathematical Olympiad
FROM 1985 TO NOW, THE NO.1 TIME:
China 17 times NO.1 , 6 TIMES NO.2
USS 3 times NO.1
USA 2 times NO.1
Russia 2 times NO.1
IRAN 1 times NO.1
S KOREA 1 times NO.1
I didn't know China are so strong on Math Olympiad before I see this thread
AND IN THE PAST 16 YEARS, CHINA GOT 12 NO.1, 3 NO.2, ONE Absence

Come on man you think theses medals winning dudes gonna aply for a job in Pizzahut?

Just telling from an anecdote of a person i knew was gifted abilities in math and not surpsising good skill in coding.

He first tried for Deloitte, all of us expected him to get the job, but he was rejected , as they were not interested in his skill and were merely seeking a good Java programmer.

Second time he tried in Microsoft, and ended up being a Research Assistant there, he earns roughly 6 times what he would have earned had he got the job in Deloitte

Just telling from an anecdote of a person i knew was gifted abilities in math and not surpsising good skill in coding.

He first tried for Deloitte, all of us expected him to get the job, but he was rejected , as they were not interested in his skill and were merely seeking a good Java programmer.

Second time he tried in Microsoft, and ended up being a Research Assistant there, he earns roughly 6 times what he would have earned had he got the job in Deloitte
He applied in wrong companies....he should have done in financial ones like De Shaw.....he would be earning multiple times what he would have got in Delloite.

Besides Korea, I also impressed by Iran got 1 No.1 from the hand of China, USA and Rassia, and N-Korea, Singapore, THAILAND, TURKEY, TAIWAN,VIETNEM,JAPAN ALSO DID WELL

Good improvement for India.

Korea, China, Thailand, Singapore, Iran,Vietnam nicely done.

1. South Korea
2. China
3. USA
4. Russia
5. Canada
5. Thailand
7. Singapore
8. Iran
9. Vietnam
10. Romania
11. India
12. North Korea
12. Turkey
14. Taiwan
15. Serbia
16. Peru
17. Japan
18. Poland
19. Brazil
19. Bulgaria
19. Ukraine

29. Saudi Arabia
31. Israel
54. Bangladesh
73. Pakistan

what do these olympiads tell u???
korea, an economically highly developed country with some of the best education system in the world and 100% literacy rate, tops the result. but the country in its entire history has never produced a single nobel prize winner.

on the other hand european countries come 40-50 in these olympids behind india, china and iran and asians. but they discover the god particle an fire worlds largest lasers. asians due to their hardworkd will win these olympiads will will always depend on westerners when it comes for scientific discovery.

Samsung
Toshiba
Hyundai
Kia
LG

Pretty big achievements for a relatively recently developed country.

He liked Programming.
Liking programming and actually being exceptionally good are two different things, secondly the college he did his study matters, and his interview .

Back
Top Bottom