What's new

Kiyani Demands US Limit Drone Attacks and Operations

How many times did the idiots in the government ask for access to the drone technology? The fools don't even realize that there is no way the US is sharing that tech with us.

There are other firms that make drones capable of firing missiles. So our government should just ask clearance from the concerned countries to give clearance for the sale to proceed. We can probably get ToT for pretty decent drones and resume the strikes ourselves, maintaining our sovereignity.

Oops, I forgot. Our President is...

its not lack of technology, but lack of strong will/self-esteem of the govt in Pakistan which ended up here....fu.. man, you cant pledge ur country for some stupid tech advancements

I think Americans are going to continue until the inevitable happens.. it just a matter of time

Like Christine Fair, I agree and I wonder if Pakistan and in particular the Fauj will be able to make god use (strategic) of this break....and finally break out of the whole US this and that mode - the more proactive the Fauj, the more it has the ability to shape her environment, the more inherent capabilities she builds, the irrelevant the fanatics of the US.

if Kiyani is really what I hope he is, then there should be no more condemnation but an order to destroy any drone violating the airspace.

Why set yourself up? The drones are not the problem, the problem is the policy behind them and the schisms within that policy - You may think that the US policy makers of a single mind, all agreed but this is not so - while there are fanatics all around, within the CIA and DoD, DoA etc; the thinking is not uniform.

At this rate Kiyani will again make Pakistan a Military Dictatorship country. But you know what anything is better than the current situation and long live the Pakistan Army.

:pakistan:

No, PAKistan has changed, information revolution will no longer allow any military dictator to manipulate the country....

and we wont let it happen either.:angry:

long live PAKistan.

I think Pakistan should just shut the option of the country ruled by the Army. Don't ask for it as it may just become true... again.

Like Christine Fair, I agree and I wonder if Pakistan and in particular the Fauj will be able to make god use (strategic) of this break....and finally break out of the whole US this and that mode - the more proactive the Fauj, the more it has the ability to shape her environment, the more inherent capabilities she builds, the irrelevant the fanatics of the US.
NA I meant big badda boom.
Why set yourself up? The drones are not the problem, the problem is the policy behind them and the schisms within that policy - You may think that the US policy makers of a single mind, all agreed but this is not so - while there are fanatics all around, within the CIA and DoD, DoA etc; the thinking is not uniform.

thats what I meant, drones are symbolic though
like you burn a flag or piss on the gravestone.
what do you think CIA goons are achieving by blowing up people?

stopping NATO supplies, refusing the use of Karachi and Gawader ports, kicking out US staff etc will be the begining. my dear its going to be an armed confrontation soon. I know the mood on the frontlines. the policy will shift of course and translated by the people on the ground.

stopping NATO supplies, refusing the use of Karachi and Gawader ports, kicking out US staff etc will be the begining. my dear its going to be an armed confrontation soon. I know the mood on the frontlines. the policy will shift of course and translated by the people on the ground.

Are you people planning to take the americans headon? :lol:
If that is true India should just sit back and relax. We have done our job

thats what I meant, drones are symbolic though
like you burn a flag or piss on the gravestone.
what do you think CIA goons are achieving by blowing up people?

Indulge in DELUSIONS much? :D

I think Pakistan should just shut the option of the country ruled by the Army. Don't ask for it as it may just become true... again.

During Pakistan's history, Pakistan reaches most development and has a better economy under military dictatorship than democrazy.

Even if the army gets aid by foreign countries, the army puts the money into Pakistan's development, Pakistan's economy, and Pakistan's military while the corrupt politicians buy their mansions and villas in London and Dubai.

During Pakistan's history, Pakistan reaches most development and has a better economy under military dictatorship than democrazy.

Even if the army gets aid by foreign countries, the army puts the money into Pakistan's development, Pakistan's economy, and Pakistan's military while the corrupt politicians buy their mansions and villas in London and Dubai.

Pakistani army puts its money only into the development of itself and itself only. The state of your country testifies that.

Your country does not have an army. Your army has a country.

Well if the end result is achieved more economically - and I think it can be, then no need for a big bang.

The end result is not confrontation, it's the evacuation of the US from Central Asia and South West Asia and well, that's in the strategic interests of a number of countries not just Pakistan - you know burden shared...

Pakistani army puts its money only into the development of itself and itself only. The state of your country testifies that.

Your country does not have an army. Your army has a country.

You're an indian so ofcourse you wouldn't want Pakistan to progress.

Here are facts. During the rule of General Ayub Khan, General Zia ul Haq, and General Pervaiz Musharaf Pakistan had the highest GDP Growth Rate in history.

800px-Pakistan_gdp_growth_rate.svg.png

Not to mention the development Pakistan achieved during the military rule. During General Ayub Khan we saw an area full of nothing but forests transformed into a modern capital of Pakistan. During General Pervaiz Musharraf's rule, we saw our major cities transformed into modern cities with excellent roads, highways, motorways, and modern skyscrapers being built to this day from Musharaff's rule.

During democrazy, we see only debt, IMF, corruption, and near bankruptcy of the country.

Pakistan would be better off under another military coup.

I(SI) will survive

By Sami Shah

Sami-Shah-New11111111111111-130102-133494-148813-640x480.jpg

It’s the moments before the break-up that are always the hardest. When the relationship has been edging towards that final heartbreak, those few days when you carefully consider everything you say and then only say the things that hurt. Everyone around you knows it is already over, that this was always an affair with an expiration date. They could see your universe shrinking from their vantage points, but they knew better than to say anything. Better to watch you burn through the cycle of attraction-affection-love-betrayal-hurt-anger-rejection; all from a distance safe enough to avoid thrown furniture and depressed poetry. The real tragedy lies in the attempts to hold it all together, ignoring all the built-up bitterness and resentment, using just force of will and stubborn rejection of reality. Loneliness and yearning may be in the offing, but if you can just keep it over the horizon for a few more days you might recreate some of the intense passion that made those early days so heady. But it won’t be so. Yet, you can’t let go.

But let go they must. The ISI and the CIA need to move apart. They need to understand that this dalliance was never meant to be permanent. The sheer incompatibility between them may well be what creates the attraction. Time and time again, the two organisations throw themselves together in a fit of passionate and frenzied intelligence sharing. ‘You show me your sensitive data and I’ll show you mine.’ There are public proclamations of cooperation, followed by gifts of captured terrorists. For a while they feel like this time will be different. This time we won’t make the same mistakes we did last time. But in the end they are creatures of habit. When the passion fades and the make-up can’t hide the double chin and the cologne starts to smell of regret, then the clock starts ticking loudly once again. All of a sudden, all the drone attacks start piling up and, in a fit of anger, a station chief’s identity is revealed. Next thing you know, that secret the CIA forgot to disclose during all those pillow talk sessions is running around Lahore shooting people and the ISI starts asking pointed questions about all those trips to Afghanistan.

In the next few weeks, we will see all kinds of pronouncements about how things are okay and the ISI and the CIA aren’t worried about their future together. Which is usually evidence of them worrying about their future together. The evidence is in how much of their anger towards each other is making it into the news media. When a couple can’t bring themselves to talk to each other, they try talking through intermediaries. Friends, associates and even innocent bystanders get trapped in a game of ‘tell him…’ and ‘oh yeah! Well tell her…’.

In the end, they might even make it last for a little while longer. There is too much history to just walk away so abruptly and besides, the CIA still has some of its drones lying back at our house. Also, we will hold on as long as we need to if it means keeping them away from that RAW hussy. So there will be conciliatory efforts: We will offer an official presidential visit, they will scale back on intelligence personnel posted in the country. There will probably be one conversation in the soaking rain with Nick Cave playing in the background. But it won’t be the same as it was before. This will be more like going through the motions. The smiles won’t be as adoring nor the cooperation as lustful. And, in the end, they will take a break from each other, wanting it to be permanent. And it will be. Until the next time they lock eyes across a candlelit Afghanistan and forget all that happened before.

I(SI) will survive – The Express Tribune

Caro Fratello Chimico, you've made my day (mostly because the piece echos me)

Until the next time they lock eyes across a candlelit Afghanistan and forget all that happened before.

Ok, I didn't have that part in mind, I was more like some serious thought as to why and if agreed that it is necessary, how, to proceed.

But honestly without a culture change in the US, it's just pointless. One way or the other, either the US culture will change or she will go home - It's the only thing on offer, regardless of the lies it tells her home population.

Caro Fratello Chimico, you've made my day (mostly because the piece echos me)

Ok, I didn't have that part in mind, I was more like some serious thought as to why and if agreed that it is necessary, how, to proceed.

But honestly without a culture change in the US, it's just pointless. One way or the other, either the US culture will change or she will go home - It's the only thing on offer, regardless of the lies it tells her home population.

...or the State of Pakistan undergoes a prolonged and controlled implosion? Is that not possible too?

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom