What's new

'Kiss protest' held at Turkey subway station

Gandhi G in da house

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
'Kiss protest' held at Turkey subway station - Europe - Al Jazeera English

Dozens of couples have locked lips at a subway stop in Turkey's capital, Ankara, to protest subway authorities' admonishment of a couple that kissed in public.

Some 100 people in the station kissed for several minutes in protest on Saturday. Demonstrators carried signs reading "Free Kisses'' and chanted slogans.

Turkish media reported that, earlier in the week, Ankara subway officials made an announcement asking passengers "to act in accordance with moral rules" after security cameras spotted the couple kissing.

The issue prompted an opposition lawmaker to question the ruling party, which many secularists fear wants to expand the role of Islam in Turkey, about whether subway officials were authorised to make such demands.

A conservative group of some 20 people staged a counter-protest. Police set up barricades between the groups.

2013525192458643734_20.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OOOooooooo Nice... :cheesy: Looks like a little clash of civilisations going on in Turkey

What would have happened ,if this was held in any Arabian nations. I like freedom of expression.I love you Turkey for being apart from the rest of medival lot.

Turkish society is so different from the rest of the middle east. I don't know why their leaders are trying to drag them back in time into the whole middle-Eastern mess.

What does this have to do with democracy? Even in Europe there are laws like this to preserve decency in the public.

The 'hardcore' secularists in Turkey seem to hate anything and everything that seems Islamic to them.

Indians, the ones that line up in ques to get a visa in Middle Eastern countries are now calling them barbaric... hahahahahah... Indians, Indians....
I have seen a same sort of trend with Indians. Any anti-Muslim or Islam news, they support it.

appreciate this..i support freedom of action,speech etc....

If its between couples then its fine otherwise such protests could lead to an outbreak of STDs. :cheesy:

Here come another Islamist,what is so anti- muslim/Islam in this news.There is nothing wrong in Kissing in public,Only you fundoos have such ideas.
We have different views then. I would not want my children (i don't have any) to see this in public. Just public decency.

What's anti-Muslim or Islam about this news ?

Nothing, my 2nd line was a different note from the first one. This is a matter of public decency, not religious.

Back
Top Bottom