Kishore Kumar vs Mohammad Rafi

Kishore vs Rafi

• kishore kumar

Votes: 19 51.4%
  • Mohd Rafi

Votes: 18 48.6%

• Total voters
rafi had the formal training....

Rafi learnt classical music from Ustad Bade Ghulam Ali Khan, Ustad Abdul Wahid Khan, Pandit Jiwanlal Matto and Firoze Nizami.[7][8] His first public performance came at the age of 13, when he sang in Lahore featuring K. L. Saigal.[7] In 1941, Rafi, under Shyam Sunder, made his debut in Lahore as a playback singer in the duet "Soniye Nee, Heeriye Nee" with Zeenat Begum in the Punjabi film Gul Baloch (the film was released in 1944).[9] In that same year, Rafi was invited by All India Radio Lahore station to sing for them.[10] He made his professional debut in the Shyam Sunder-directed 1941 Punjabi film Gul Baloch and the earliest debut in Mumbai film was Gaon Ki Gori in 1945.[4]

Both have two totally different vocal quality. Rafi was hair dresser and never went to any ustad for learning, Kishore don't know. But Rafi has high pitch and more open voice, while Kishore applies more rules of classical singing.

Baaanggddduuuuuuu Kya yaar ye aisaa thread banaane ki zarurat thi??? I was never so confused...

Rafi was Greatest Singer who sung for movies and blessed bollywood....his voice his pitches & knots in singing will never be touched by any bollywood singer including Kishor da.His voice was itself a gift to numbers he sung.

While kishore da was a god gifted singer he had a mysterious and the golden " kishore touch" he was not a good singer as Rafi Sahab but a much better PLAYBACK singer who could do mimicry & imitation of all great actors of that time.... his voice for Dev or Rajesh khanna or Amitabh are all different due to his excellent playback qualities & Skills...he was perfect Bollywood asset.....his songs are also popular due to contribution of excellent lyricst & music directors of his times.

I will pick Kishore as my favourite anytime but no offence to Rafi's greatness .... !!

Leonardo Da Vinci or Micheal Angelo, William Shakespeare or Charles Dickens, Some of these comparisions are so impossible to make eespecially for the sake of defining who's better. Such is the case with Mohammed Rafi and Kishor Kumar, both these artists have such tremendous contribution to the art of music and singing that it's impossible to compare both. Just my two cents.

Dood its just like asking a mother who just gave birth to a twin that whom does she love more......:mod:

go listen kishore kumar chingari koi bahrke. . . the way he sings. Without any effort, he sung so beautifully as he is devta of surs. That was the main point of kishore, his voice depth, his husky voice, the way he sung efortlessly.

go listen kishore kumar chingari koi bahrke. . . the way he sings. Without any effort, he sung so beautifully as he is devta of surs. That was the main point of kishore, his voice depth, his husky voice, the way he sung efortlessly.
only charsis, losers in love, failure in exam will listen to that song..

edit.. trust me !!!

Back
Top Bottom