What's new

King Abdullah has passed away - PDF extends its condolences to the Saudi people

« عن مسند احمد عن النبی صلی الله علیه و آله و سلم : یحکم الحجاز رجل اسمه علی اسم حیوان، إذا رأیته حسبته فی عینه الحول من البعید و اذا اقتربت منه لا تری فی عینیه شیئاً، یخلفه أخ له إسمه عبدالله، ویل لشیعتنا منه؛ اعادها ثلاثاًً : بشرونی بموته ابشرکم بظهور الحجة، بشرونی بموته ابشرکم بظهور الحجة، بشرونی بموته ابشرکم بظهور الحجة. »

@Syrian Lion

This is a fabricated Hadith, but I like how you people made the Death of him out to be a religious event, shows how much you feared him, but he was far too passive and not as Active in his foriegn policy and instead focusing on bettering the internal working of the country. Salman is here now, and boy will you miss Abdullah.

Firstly, condolences to the Saudi people over the loss of a man they loved and respected as a father, even moreso than a king. Saw genuine sadness yesterday on both traditional and social media from so many Saudis, Arabs and Muslims.

May Allah have mercy on him and forgive his shortcomings.

Interesting you say this, as most media outlets have stressed that there'll simply be continuity in policy. On what basis do you claim that King Salman's foreign policy will be so much more assertive? And how do you think that will manifest?

@al-Hasani, would appreciate your thoughts also.

Thank you brother.

Indeed the reactions have been overwhelming from within KSA, among the diaspora, Arab world and most of the Muslim world.

In the form of a more assertive and direct approach in terms of foreign policy making. King Abdullah mostly focused on internal policy. He invested billions upon billions of dollars on infrastructure, education, the health sector, the extensive and successful scholarship program, military sector, investments home and abroad etc.

This is a fabricated Hadith, but I like how you people made the Death of him out to be a religious event, shows how much you feared him, but he was far too passive and not as Active in his foriegn policy and instead focusing on bettering the internal working of the country. Salman is here now, and boy will you miss Abdullah.

Really ... we are not the source of this !

Do some research !

Really ... we are not the source of this !

Do some research !

UK is source of all fabricated and controversial ahadith.

King Abdullah was the most feared King among the enemies of Islam and most cherished among his people.
I hope next King would be feared even more, by the enemies of Islam and would become even more popular among his people and Muslims world!
I love the way K. Abdullah tackled the difficult times in ME.
Its a sad moment for loosing some one, who helped Pakistan in thick and thin.
Pakistanis consider Saudis as brothers and will always be there, to share sentiments in your losses and success!

The grave of King Abdullah :

B8Cj8yFCMAAzgOD.jpg

And the grave of Hafiz Al-Assad:

B8Cj8yGCMAAu1uI.jpg

Stark reminder between a Man with a vision who was loved by his people versus a Man who came to power in a coup and who murdered 40,000 of his own just to stay in power and then leave behind a Monster who was worst than him.

Stark reminder between a Man with a vision who was loved by his people versus a Man who came to power in a coup and who murdered 40,000 of his own just to stay in power and then leave behind a Monster who was worst than him.

Syrians have more culture and sophistication. Saudis are conditioned to love the royal family. Saudis should intervene in Syria, instead of trying to pay USA ans UK to Bomb SAA. The civil war would be over KSA had courage. I bet the next senile king won't last long either, then after that the saudi royal with the shades and crooked neck to take over.

Syrians have more culture and sophistication. Saudis are conditioned to love the royal family. Saudis should intervene in Syria, instead of trying to pay USA ans UK to Bomb SAA. The civil war would be over KSA had courage. I bet the next senile king won't last long either, then after that the saudi royal with the shades and crooked neck to take over.

How many Syrians and Saudi have you ever came across? and how close?
In KSA life is more luxury than UK, millions of Syrians and British come to KSA to live a better life.
What Saudis should not do is... pledge allegiance to Queen.

Not a fan of any of the Saudi kings but won't criticize the dead either. RIP. He will be judged by history. But I am still perturbed by the NY Times coverage of the King's death: Highlighting all the negatives while downplaying King's historic peace overtures to Israel and downplaying the King's ruthless suppression of Al Qaida and other militants inside KSA. It seems like some intellectuals in the West can never be pleased by the actions of non-Westerns--whether from Putin or from China or from the Muslim world. Unless non-Westerns are in complete compliance then they are not good enough.

What the hell are you talking about? What you see in Syria is mostly Arab culture originating in KSA.

Saudi Arabians do not love or hate the royal family. It depends on the ruler and the policy. King Abdullah was a much-respected ruler who did a hell lot for KSA.

1 million time more than the Al-Asshead family that you worship who were mere peasants just 50 years ago. Whose legacy is that of genocide and destruction. Of their own people and country mind you.

Why should KSA interfere in Syria when nobody else is doing that? Where are you beloved fake wannabe Arab Mullah's in Mullahstan? When will they invade Syria to safe their genocidal maniac and beloved friend and ally?

How many Syrians and Saudi have you ever came across? and how close?
In KSA life is more luxury than UK, millions of Syrians and British come to KSA to live a better life.
What Saudis should not do is... pledge allegiance to Queen.

He has no clue about what he is blabbering about.

A well-known Arab Sunni hater.

Last edited:
Who said there is no room for reform in Islam? Indians are having a lot of fun these days. Never in the past had we given Indians so much space. Something wrong with the management. I would find many Indians going pink.

Anyway Allama was a secularist and strongly stood fr secular Islam. In fact Allama Iqbal strongly stood for reform of the muslim community. He stressed on the ideal of Ijtehad and sought to reform the muslim world.

Ijtehad was an ideal where each debate, each scholar started with "I may be wrong but" then stated his views.

He also supported Turkey's secularism and reforms. Let me state that we aren't reforming Islam, we are reforming the mindset and ideals of the muslim ummah. For example secularism was an ideal forwarded by a muslim philosopher named Ibn Rushd. We were the ones who instituted the system the west adopted and today we are blowing things up. We should be ashamed that we gave up Ijtehad and reform process in muslim countrys. Instead we have orthodox, conservative ideals which are from a time that has long gone by.

According to changing times things change, laws change, ideals change. We cannot have a law that is for the 7th century now in the 20th century. Many laws in Islam may have changed.

Here is what Iqbal says:

On sufism:
  • The more genuine schools of Sufism have, no doubt, done good work in shaping and directing the evolution of religious experience in Islam; but their latter-day representatives, owing to their ignorance of the modern mind, have become absolutely incapable of receiving any fresh inspiration from modern thought and experience. They are perpetuating methods which were created for generations possessing a cultural outlook differing, in important respects, from our own.

On politics:
  • If the aim of religion is the spiritualisation of the heart, then it must penetrate the soul of man, and it can best penetrate the inner man . . . We find that when Muhammad Ibn Tumart—the Mahdi of Muslim Spain—who was Berber by nationality, came to power and established the pontifical rule of the Muwahhidun, he ordered for the sake of the illiterate Berbers that the Quran should be translated and read in the Berber language and that the call to prayer should be given in Berber.
  • Such is the attitude of the modern Turk, inspired as he is by the realities of experience, and not by the scholastic reasoning of jurists who lived and thought under different conditions of life. To my mind these arguments, if rightly appreciated, indicate the birth of an International ideal, which forming the very essence of Islam, has been hitherto overshadowed or rather displaced by Arabian Imperialism of the earlier centuries in Islam.
  • The republican form of government is not only thoroughly consistent with the spirit of Islam, but has also become a necessity in view of the new forces that were set free in the world of Islam

Who said there is no room for reform in Islam? Indians are having a lot of fun these days. Never in the past had we given Indians so much space. Something wrong with the management. I would find many Indians going pink.

Anyway Allama was a secularist and strongly stood fr secular Islam. In fact Allama Iqbal strongly stood for reform of the muslim community. He stressed on the ideal of Ijtehad and sought to reform the muslim world.

Ijtehad was an ideal where each debate, each scholar started with "I may be wrong but" then stated his views.

He also supported Turkey's secularism and reforms. Let me state that we aren't reforming Islam, we are reforming the mindset and ideals of the muslim ummah. For example secularism was an ideal forwarded by a muslim philosopher named Ibn Rushd. We were the ones who instituted the system the west adopted and today we are blowing things up. We should be ashamed that we gave up Ijtehad and reform process in muslim countrys. Instead we have orthodox, conservative ideals which are from a time that has long gone by.

According to changing times things change, laws change, ideals change. We cannot have a law that is for the 7th century now in the 20th century. Many laws in Islam may have changed.

Here is what Iqbal says:

On sufism:
  • The more genuine schools of Sufism have, no doubt, done good work in shaping and directing the evolution of religious experience in Islam; but their latter-day representatives, owing to their ignorance of the modern mind, have become absolutely incapable of receiving any fresh inspiration from modern thought and experience. They are perpetuating methods which were created for generations possessing a cultural outlook differing, in important respects, from our own.

On politics:
  • If the aim of religion is the spiritualisation of the heart, then it must penetrate the soul of man, and it can best penetrate the inner man . . . We find that when Muhammad Ibn Tumart—the Mahdi of Muslim Spain—who was Berber by nationality, came to power and established the pontifical rule of the Muwahhidun, he ordered for the sake of the illiterate Berbers that the Quran should be translated and read in the Berber language and that the call to prayer should be given in Berber.
  • Such is the attitude of the modern Turk, inspired as he is by the realities of experience, and not by the scholastic reasoning of jurists who lived and thought under different conditions of life. To my mind these arguments, if rightly appreciated, indicate the birth of an International ideal, which forming the very essence of Islam, has been hitherto overshadowed or rather displaced by Arabian Imperialism of the earlier centuries in Islam.
  • The republican form of government is not only thoroughly consistent with the spirit of Islam, but has also become a necessity in view of the new forces that were set free in the world of Islam

This nonsense has nothing to do with KSA nor the death of King Abdullah, may he rest in peace and may Allah (swt) forgive his sins.

Exactly. Well said.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom