What's new

King Abdullah has passed away - PDF extends its condolences to the Saudi people

I wonder if the new king will start off his rule with a military campaign in yemen. This would kick iran out and show people that he doesn't screw around.

I wonder if the new king will start off his rule with a military campaign in yemen. This would kick iran out and show people that he doesn't screw around.

Doubtful. The Houthi movement is a 100% indigenous Yemeni Arab movement. It has little to do with Iran. The solution to the problems of Yemen lies among the Yemenis themselves. All those fractions should work towards an acceptable consensus.

In my view KSA should not go to war with any Arab country let alone neighbors.

This might change though if the Houthis start attacking KSA but I doubt this.

Also we thank Turkey and the Turkish people for the 1 day of mourning and for Erdogan's presence during the funeral.

I am Orthodox Christian.

I really like the Orthodox icons. They are beautiful.

Doubtful. The Houthi movement is a 100% indigenous Yemeni Arab movement. It has little to do with Iran. The solution to the problems of Yemen lies among the Yemenis themselves. All those fractions should work towards an acceptable consensus.

Also we thank Turkey and the Turkish people for the 1 day of mourning and for Erdogan's presence during the funeral.

On of my goals in life is to visit The Holy Land, bro. Some of the most Holiest pilgrimage sites in Christian Orthodoxy is in Syria, Jordan, Iraq, and Palestine (Galilee is there).

One day! If God wills it !

If you ask me them being arab isn't a big factor most of shias are hostile to saudi arabian gov.t even if they are arab.

King Abdullah. Probably the richest man in the world to run his own nation-state and coercive apparatus. A true Zionophobe, he judged his Jewish acquaintances by whether they were supporters of Israel or not, even when he was the young, hip prince of the 1970s jet-set. As King he supported initiatives to reduce the Jews of Israel to Arab subjugation once more, thus demonstrating "peaceful" intent by not insisting upon Jews' annihilation per Hezbollah, Fatah, and Hamas. He put human rights workers and pro-democracy activists in jail, forbidding their contact with the outside world or their departure from the Kingdom even after their completed sentences. His personal "dialogue" initiatives stressed that the purpose of dialogue with other cultures was proselytization of Islam - listening to non-Muslims' was ruled out - and that Muslims were to blame terrorism upon their non-Muslim victims. He supported the line that criticism of Islam should be made a thought crime with genocidal consequences to the perpetrators.

It seems to me that praise for this man doesn't reflect how great he was but how far down Arabs and Muslims have sunk: in their accomplishments, in the expectations non-Muslims have of Muslims, and in their fear of G-d.

You and I both know, that this man has caused more damage to Israel than all Arab wars, iranian empty threats has done and will do, he is single handiddly responsible for the reputation your beloved Israel enjoys today in the world stage.

Yes, he may have died but in Salman a more assertive and pro-active foreign policy will take shape, he is by far one of the strongest personalities in the Middle East, and is not afraid to take gambles and risks when appropriate, pretty much Salman is Abdullah on steroids.

I wish the new king use the neutral policy same as Iraq do toward the region matters that will help the kingdom to be fully affective in resolving crisis that the region face today.

If you ask me them being arab isn't a big factor most of shias are hostile to saudi arabian gov.t even if they are arab.

It's only a minority. Those that are hostile are hostile against the regime. Not the people or country as a whole. Historically KSA have had cordial ties with the Shia Islamilis for instance (both home and abroad) as well as Zaydi Muslims home and abroad. Still the case mostly to this day.

The Mullah's in Iran that gained power in 1979 and their Wilayat al-Faqih nonsense are the main reason for the hostility. This polarizes people but by heart Sunni and Shia Arabs have no problems. The vast majority.

Even on this forum we live in peace and respect each other @Malik Alashter @SALMAN AL-FARSI and the only criticisms that I have ever seen from Shia Arabs against KSA is the foreign policy. Never against the people or country.

Most of the Iranians on the other hand are a whole different discussion altogether. They mostly dislike anything Arab and the religious lot only "like" the Shia Arabs generally speaking. But they are largely irrelevant in this discussion.

We are off-topic anyway.:coffee:

Last edited:
Y
It's only a minority. Those that are hostile are hostile against the regime. Not the people or country as a whole. Historically KSA have had cordial ties with the Shia Islamilis for instance (both home and abroad) as well as Zaydi Muslims home and abroad. Still the case mostly to this day.

The Mullah's in Iran that gained power in 1979 and their Wilayat al-Faqih nonsense are the main reason for the hostility. This polarizes people but by heart Sunni and Shia Arabs have no problems. The vast majority.

Even on this forum we live in peace and respect each other @Malik Alashter @SALMAN AL-FARSI and the only criticizes that I have ever seen from Shia Arabs against KSA is the foreign policy. Never against the people or country.

Iranians on the other hand are a whole different discussion altogether. They mostly dislike anything Arab and the religious lot only "like" the Shia Arabs generally speaking. But they are largely irrelevant.

We are off-topic anyway.:coffee:
Yeah they don't have problem with people but you know what im saying.

:wave:

On of my goals in life is to visit The Holy Land, bro. Some of the most Holiest pilgrimage sites in Christian Orthodoxy is in Syria, Jordan, Iraq, and Palestine (Galilee is there).

One day! If God wills it !

Don't forget Egypt brother. Actually what is now KSA also has ancient Christian sites. One of the oldest churches was built in KSA (Eastern Province) and many early Christian (Saints) had their origin in what is now KSA.

Jubail Church - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

2iu739s.jpg

15wgrit.jpg

2zoyyhk.jpg

MYSTAGOGY: Saint Arethas the Great Martyr and the Christian Martyrs of Najran

Due to looking down upon anything pre-Islamic I am sure that there are many more treasures out there. We know very little so far.

Also quite a few archeologists say that Mount Sinai is located across the Red Sea in Northern Hijaz and not nearby Sinai.

Christianity has a long history in KSA. Many famous pre-Islamic Arab figures were Christian too. Even to this day you can see Israel/Palestine with the barren eye from Northwestern KSA.

Iraq and Southeastern Turkey have also significant Christian heritage.

You and I both know, that this man has caused more damage to Israel than all Arab wars, iranian empty threats has done and will do, he is single handiddly responsible for the reputation your beloved Israel enjoys today in the world stage.

Yes, he may have died but in Salman a more assertive and pro-active foreign policy will take shape, he is by far one of the strongest personalities in the Middle East, and is not afraid to take gambles and risks when appropriate, pretty much Salman is Abdullah on steroids.

That's what I have always liked about the Sudairis. If just they can limit the power of the ultra-conservatives in a similar fashion that King Abdullah has been able to partially.

Last edited:
Death is indeed a sad event. But as Almighty says your body and your soul belongs to Me.

King Abdulla was nightmare for US
He was very close to Nawaz Sharif. RIP.

didn't he came to Pakistan during last days of Musharraf governance, with message to Pakistan nation, where he openly stated that......... state is more important than democracy, that was the time when three world leaders came to Pakistan within short span of time... carrying same message, but alas the idiot democrats long marched against a progressive far ever democrat state.

WikiLeaks cables: Saudi Arabia wants military rule in Pakistan | World news | theguardian.com

Saudi Arabia will always stand by Pakistan, says King Abdullah | Arab News

When Nawaz Sharif started lying regarding his written apology request to Pervez Musharraf, than agian Saudi King sent Prince Muqrin to tell the truth to the nation.

Whenever Sharif visited KSA after becoming, PM or during Asif Ali Zardari era... he was never allowed to meet King Abdullah, but no one can stop forum management to spread falsification, still its necessary to set the record clear for the gullible Pakistanis.

Back
Top Bottom