What's new

Khyber Pakhtoonkhwa, new name for NWFP

More provinces more power hungry more bloodshed more corruption..We do not have enough in Quami Khazana.

Additional provinces will likely also be a comprehensive and drawn out process achieved through consensus.

If you demarcate a separate Hazara province, then we also need a Seraikh/Bahawalpur province in Punjab. A Pakhtun province out of Baluchistan (perhaps some more even). Two provinces out of Sindh, one centered around Karachi and Hyderabad.

Once movement towards additional provinces is made, it will open the floodgates of demands from a variety of communities.

Now I personally think that is fine - we should create more provinces based on the old 12 divisions maybe, or along broad ethno-linguistic lines such as the ones mentioned above. But it will be a tough sell politically.

I donot think any wrong if Saraikis in punjab or Pashtoons in Balochistan and Hazarawals are given province of their choice. Why are we so fearful of this. It is far better a choice than forcible bindings of people of pakistan with bitter feelings for each other.

why dont they go for Hazara-Pakhtunkhwa(or Pakhtunkhwa-Hazara) that will keep everybody happy.

I agree, this name is much better than Khyber- Pakhtunkhwa, if they have named it like this then what about other agencies cause Khyber is one of the agencies besides being an historical pass. In my opinion Afghania would have been much better as it represents 'A' of Pakistan. Moreover as they say all Pashtoon are Afghan but all Afghans are not Pashtoons thus it represets all not a particular ethenic group. This name was acceptable to ANP and so should have been to others (in relation of its origin to A of Pakistan). But thick headed leadership of PML(N) could neither please their voters in NWFP nor could bargain for Kalabagh. Cause for NWFP its a technical issue however for Sindh it is a trust issue. In my opinion they could have settled this with NWFP. :pakistan:

shukar hai k hazarawal bhe jagay magar dair say. Main nai to media pay hazarawals kee taraf say koee khas ehtejaj nahee suna jo k hona chaheye tha. Aur ab bhee waqt hath say nahee gaya. Mai bhee hazarawal hoo magar ye hazara national front is sary mamlay mai qio nahee bola aur q khamosh raha. Aur jaha tak khyber pakhtoonkhua kehnay ke baat hai to please ap is naam ko suar ka gosht khanay kay mutradif na kahai. Beshak humai ye naam kabhi bhee qabool nahee ho go aur na hai magar humain bahaisaiat hazarawal qaum kissi dusri pakistani qaum say nafrat nahee karnee chaheye. I repeat ab bhee waqt hai.

Hazara jaag utha hey mere bhai, only the bloody media is showing only one side of the pictures, its third day since the silway has been blocked and big protest are being made, i watched a little clip of it on arynews only at 12 at night when everyone is sleep.
the media has policy to back up the 18th resulution.
zardari is already with ANP and now Nawaz has betrayed us aswel.just to become 3rd time prime minister.
I have seen Q league, mps togather with Hazara Qomi Mahaz marching on the road with black flags.no one is going to accept pashtoonshah in our area.
people are demanding Hazara province and it will happen, its only matter of time.
ANP does not want Hazara to breakaway as they are enjoying big sums of royalty money (124 Arab Rupees) of hydro power from terbaila dam which is in Hazara.
not a single penny from hydro power royalty is being spent on Hazara.
If hazara breakaway there is nothing left in n.w.f.p and soon they will be selling naswar.

Hazara jaag utha hey mere bhai, only the bloody media is showing only one side of the pictures, its third day since the silway has been blocked and big protest are being made, i watched a little clip of it on arynews only at 12 at night when everyone is sleep.
the media has policy to back up the 18th resulution.
zardari is already with ANP and now Nawaz has betrayed us aswel.just to become 3rd time prime minister.
I have seen Q league, mps togather with Hazara Qomi Mahaz marching on the road with black flags.no one is going to accept pashtoonshah in our area.
people are demanding Hazara province and it will happen, its only matter of time.
ANP does not want Hazara to breakaway as they are enjoying big sums of royalty money (124 Arab Rupees) of hydro power from terbaila dam which is in Hazara.
not a single penny from hydro power royalty is being spent on Hazara.
If hazara breakaway there is nothing left in n.w.f.p and soon they will be selling naswar.

sir ji any protest in hazara will not achieve anything. lik you said media is backing 18th amendment and many dont want any trouble. if you want to register ur protest then go to islamabad and protest outside parliament house on monday.

The protest are being reported in the news papers i paste below
"Protests held in Hazara against NWFP renaming
Politicians demand separate province

Saturday, April 03, 2010
Our correspondent

ABBOTTABAD: Protesters angered by the proposed renaming of NWFP as Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa blocked the Karakoram Highway here for four hours as complete shutdown was observed in parts of Hazara division on Friday.

Pakistan Muslim League-Quaid (PML-Q) leader and former federal minister Amanullah Jadoon, former deputy speaker of the National Assembly Sardar Mohammad Yaqoob, former district nazim Sardar Haider Zaman and several other leaders including the office-bearers of Jamaat-e-Islami (JI) organised an anti-Khyber-Pakhtunkwa rally in Abbottabad.

Most of the politicians and protestors belonged to the PML-Q, which has been opposing the name Pakhtunkhwa and instead wanted the province to be named Sarhad. The strike was widespread in Abbottabad and partial in other parts of Hazara.

Addressing the rally at the Fawara Chowk, Abbottabad, the leaders belonging to various political parties vowed to launch a full-fledged drive till a consensus name was announced for the province.

The speakers strongly criticized the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz, which had emerged as the main party in the area in 2008 general elections and accused it of a sell-out. They said that Sardar Mehtab Ahmad Khan and other leaders of the PML-N had failed to protect the rights of the people of Hazara and had no right to speak on behalf of the Hazarawals now.

“Enough is enough and now we will achieve our longstanding demand of a separate province for the people of Hazara division,” said Amanullah Jadoon who is the main electoral rival of Sardar Mahtab from the National Assembly constituency in Abbottabad.

The leaders urged the people of Hazara to exhibit unity in their struggle for a separate province, which was now their ultimate goal. A separate rally was staged after the Juma prayers in Mansehra. Led by former district nazim Sardar Muhammad Yousuf, former lawmaker and provincial minister Muhammad Tariq Khan Swati and former minister Shahzada Gustasap, the protesters marched through various roads and gathered at the main square where the politicians made speeches.

Addressing the rally, the speakers flayed the Awami National Party (ANP) for imposing its will on all the people of the province. “The PML-N leaders better quit and join us in our drive for a new province,” former district nazim Sardar Yousaf told the rally.

well i wish they name it khayber pakhtonkwa. at least then ull be in a better position to demand a separate province.
we need at least 5 new provinces. hazara, saraiki, fata, interior sindh, pakhtun belt of balochistan. this will insure better distribution of resources.

well... ANP is showing its real teeth now..they announced the Pashto language to be a compulsry subject in all the primery schools in "sooba Khwamkhah".

Good news is that Gohar Ayyub Khan (former foreighn minister) has also join the compain to make Hazara a separate province.The people now have learnt that unity is the main power.We need to march to Terbaila Dam to turn off the electricity supply to the whole country and then demand our own province.

we must learn lesson from nation who went to Karachi to pick up Kachra, now have 3 MPs there.How would you feel if you had 3 Muhajir mp,s in charsadda?
no you won't like it offcourse its ok if you take over someone elses land.
the nation whos biggest dream was to become a choakidar at most has now changed the name of our province.
there is a joke about a pathan who found a bottle, when he opened it a genni came out of it and asked him" jo hukm mere Aqa"
pathan said, ek kothi banao, jin kothi hazir ker deta hey,
ab pathan kehta hey us mein ameer log lao, yeh khwahish bhi poori ho jati hey.
ab jin last wish poochta hey to pathan kehta hey, mujhey is kothi mein chokidaar lagwa do".
i want to say that we are 2 different nations, there is nothing common between us,we don't sell drugs, blow people with bombs in pakistan, sell everything from cloth to women.

kia aap ne kabhi pathanon ke sath abbottabad se peshawer ka safar kia hey???
jub bus abbottabad ke mor katna shuru kerti hey to pathanion ke burqon se ultion ki awaz ana shuru ho jati hey...is liey hum kehtay hein keh "Ek pathani sari bus ko ganda kerti hey"

Good news is that Gohar Ayyub Khan (former foreighn minister) has also join the compain to make Hazara a separate province.The people now have learnt that unity is the main power.We need to march to Terbaila Dam to turn off the electricity supply to the whole country and then demand our own province.

If Terbaila Dam is in Hazara so why Attock par (ANP vote bank) gets all the royalty :coffee:

Additional provinces will likely also be a comprehensive and drawn out process achieved through consensus.

If you demarcate a separate Hazara province, then we also need a Seraikh/Bahawalpur province in Punjab. A Pakhtun province out of Baluchistan (perhaps some more even). Two provinces out of Sindh, one centered around Karachi and Hyderabad.

Once movement towards additional provinces is made, it will open the floodgates of demands from a variety of communities.

Now I personally think that is fine - we should create more provinces based on the old 12 divisions maybe, or along broad ethno-linguistic lines such as the ones mentioned above. But it will be a tough sell politically.

Even non-ethnic parties have had to resort to ethnocentric politics time and again because our social norms somehow force this. While it is absolutely necessary that we carve out further provinces for administrative efficiency and improved access to social welfare, it should not be done along ethnic lines as this will lead to a lack of any federal party.

An ethnic demarcation of provinces will lead to political parties holding ground in small areas and the federal government will surely be a mess then. A broad demarcation like carving a southern Punjab just below Faisalabad rather than a Saraiki belt province would be better. Similarly, a western sloping diagonal should be good in Balochistan's case (or maybe we can demarcate into 3 regions). However you try, carving a new administrative region out of Sindh unintentionally divides it into rural and urban sindh.

well... ANP is showing its real teeth now..they announced the Pashto language to be a compulsry subject in all the primery schools in "sooba Khwamkhah".

we must learn lesson from nation who went to Karachi to pick up Kachra, now have 3 MPs there.How would you feel if you had 3 Muhajir mp,s in charsadda?
no you won't like it offcourse its ok if you take over someone elses land.
the nation whos biggest dream was to become a choakidar at most has now changed the name of our province.
there is a joke about a pathan who found a bottle, when he opened it a genni came out of it and asked him" jo hukm mere Aqa"
pathan said, ek kothi banao, jin kothi hazir ker deta hey,
ab pathan kehta hey us mein ameer log lao, yeh khwahish bhi poori ho jati hey.
ab jin last wish poochta hey to pathan kehta hey, mujhey is kothi mein chokidaar lagwa do".
i want to say that we are 2 different nations, there is nothing common between us,we don't sell drugs, blow people with bombs in pakistan, sell everything from cloth to women.

kia aap ne kabhi pathanon ke sath abbottabad se peshawer ka safar kia hey???
jub bus abbottabad ke mor katna shuru kerti hey to pathanion ke burqon se ultion ki awaz ana shuru ho jati hey...is liey hum kehtay hein keh "Ek pathani sari bus ko ganda kerti hey"

You come across as a racist and nothing more.

I like the original name "Frontier" though. The historic Frontier mail named after the province. Guess what could be the fate of this trian.

Dear Mr.Kakool

I read your comments about renaming the province and the hatred that is obvious from it was really shoking for me.
I am a pakhtun and i've been living in abbottabad for the last 6 years but i never felt anything negative towards the people who speaks a different language (hinko).
Because for me they are Muslims first of all and that is the most respected relation for me.
Second as a human being a feel the love of humanity towards them.

Allah Says in Quran , mafhoom jis ka hey
"Aur Allah ki rassi ko mazboti se thame rakho , aur apas mei tafarqey mei na paro"

Now dear
Changing the province name is purely a political issue , ANP is getting its benefits and Q-Group its own. Any sane person can understand that.

I'm sorry to say but your immature comments hurt me deeply.
I never thought that "some" people have got such type of thoughts regarding their pukhtun(muslim) brothers and sisters.

I would pray for you that you may see the fault of your path.

i strongly oppose the name of the province as Khyber Pakhtoonkhwa as name is representing only one race, while other natives of the province from Hazara (hindko belt) and DIKhan (saraiki belt) will feel deprived which can provoke separatist movement. which Pak cannot afford at any cost

Back
Top Bottom