What's new

Khalistan !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to shed some light on this topic as it seems like that some people here have no idea what they're talking about.

Khalistan is against the interests of both Pakistan and India. This is because it seeks to unite the greater Punjab region which includes Pakistan Punjab, India Punjab, Himachal Pradesh and Haryana. On top of that, some of its more fanatical supporters wish to expand that region to the territory of the recent Sikh Empire which included most of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa up to the Khyber Pass and most of Jammu and Kashmir.

I'd like to shed some light on this topic as it seems like that some people here have no idea what they're talking about.

Khalistan is against the interests of both Pakistan and India. This is because it seeks to unite the greater Punjab region which includes Pakistan Punjab, India Punjab, Himachal Pradesh and Haryana. On top of that, some of its more fanatical supporters wish to expand that region to the territory of the recent Sikh Empire which included most of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa up to the Khyber Pass and most of Jammu and Kashmir.

Yes...... Kashmir is of sikhs

for the last time, there are no Sikhs in Pakistani Punjab. They're all in Indian Punjab. That is why Sikhs only want part of Indian Punjab for Khalistan.

If Lahore had the same number of pre-partition sikhs, then they would want Lahore also. there are virtually none so they have no rights to self determination of Lahore or any region of Pakistan.

Khalistan is relevant issue in Pakistan Defense Forum.

If your replying to me, where did I say it wasn't? I was simply trying to "shed some light" in regards to the misconceptions people have about the movement.

for the last time, there are no Sikhs in Pakistani Punjab. They're all in Indian Punjab. That is why Sikhs only want part of Indian Punjab for Khalistan.

If Lahore had the same number of pre-partition sikhs, then they would want Lahore also. there are virtually none so they have no rights to self determination of Lahore or any region of Pakistan.

Our land is stolen from us..........our aim is re-establishment of Khalsa empire same as it was during Maharaja Ranjit Singh time

You have no idea what your talking about. It doesn't matter if there are no Sikhs in Pakistan Punjab. The whole idea of Khalistan is to rejoin Greater Punjab. Not just Indian Punjab. My family is from a Sikh Punjabi background so I actually have an idea of what I'm talking about.

And I'd like to point out your ignorant of your own country. There are Sikh minorities in Pakistan Punjab.

Why don't you go troll that ethnocentic pashtun forum or one of the crappy Pakistani forums that you've been on in the past?

Khalistan is relevant issue in Pakistan Defense Forum.
Khalistan is relevant issue ONLY in Pakistan Defense Forum.

High time its name should be renamed Wetdreamistan

You have no idea what your talking about. It doesn't matter if there are no Sikhs in Pakistan Punjab. The whole idea of Khalistan is to rejoin Greater Punjab. Not just Indian Punjab. My family is from a Sikh Punjabi background so I actually have an idea of what I'm talking about.

And I'd like to point out your ignorant of your own country. There are Sikh minorities in Pakistan Punjab.

Why don't you go troll that ethnocentic pashtun forum or one of the crappy Pakistani forums that you've been on in the past?

No idea what i'm talking about eh Gupta? ;) Do you know what "self-determination" means?

it is by popular sentiment. Even if you take the pedantic view that one or two Sikhs live in Lahore (their percentage is as good as zero), you will never get Lahore wanting to be part of Khalistan.

You will get parts of Indian Punjab that will want to be part of Khalistan.

That is what the Sikhs mean by self determination, genius. They do want the right to self determination in parts of Indian Punjab. They will never get Pakistani Punjab wanting to be part of Khalistan.

Our land is stolen from us..........our aim is re-establishment of Khalsa empire same as it was during Maharaja Ranjit Singh time

lol. so you're the internet sikh then?

Khalistan is well defined on Khalistan.net. Its boundaries are all in Indian Punjab and it is self determination that Khalistanists are after.

No idea what i'm talking about eh Gupta? ;) Do you know what "self-determination" means?

it is by popular sentiment. Even if you take the pedantic view that one or two Sikhs live in Lahore (their percentage is as good as zero), you will never get Lahore wanting to be part of Khalistan.

That is what the Sikhs mean by self determination, genius. They do want the right to self determination in parts of Indian Punjab. They will never get Pakistani Punjab wanting to be part of Khalistan.

Lahore was the capital of the Sikh Empire along with Amritsar and Gujranwala genius.

For the last time, it doesn't matter if there are no sikhs NOW in pakistan........... What matters is that there were a lot of sikhs in pakistan when the demand for khalistan was made.

Current day israel has very few muslims, does that mean muslims should stop demanding the entire israel land?

Modern day canada and england has a lot of sikhs. Perhaps they should ask for a khalistan there...........

Yes, I'm completely Gujarati. :coffee:

I never stated that Pakistan Punjab or Lahore shared the same sentiments as Indian Punjab and the Khalistan movement. I was merely pointing out the misconception that Khalistan wants only Indian Punjab because it desires the greater Punjab region.

I never mentioned self-determination or how the movement would proceed, genius.

Lahore was the capital of the Sikh Empire along with Amritsar and Gujranwala genius.

SELF-DETERMINATION for the last time.

The Sikh Empire was Imperial. The Sikhs only want self determination. They only want areas where there is popular sentiment to be part of Khalistan.

India being the world's #1 democracy ;) should jump at this democratic opportunity.

For the last time, it doesn't matter if there are no sikhs NOW in pakistan........... What matters is that there were a lot of sikhs in pakistan when the demand for khalistan was made.

Current day israel has very few muslims, does that mean muslims should stop demanding the entire israel land?

Modern day canada and england has a lot of sikhs. Perhaps they should ask for a khalistan there...........

Go and look up what self-determination means. The Kashmiris have a legal right to self determination (being denied them). The Sikhs didn't have that legal right but would like to have that right.

It's like the Quebec plebiscite in Canada. Canada was not legally bound to give Quebec this even though it did. That is much like the current Sikh demand for self-determination.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom