What's new

Kerala, Tamil Nadu face off over Mullaperiyar dam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time has come to rethink on the Previous agreement. I think no where in India is a dam that is situated inside one's territory is controlled by an outside govt. GoK should repeal this agreement. There is option for it, atleast thats what I heard on TV. New dam with new agreement. If TN finds it unfair, so be it.Our lives is more important than your vegetable.

You are welcome to try it and you are responsible for the consequences.

No use crying then Vaiko did this, Thiruma did that.

You are welcome to try it and you are responsible for the consequences.

No use crying then Vaiko did this, Thiruma did that.

What will Vaiko do? Stop our vegetables and milk...I am scared.

I don't have time for you guys' empty threats.I tried being nice and explain what's the problem.

So go ahead, give your best shot. We will see who has the last laugh.

Over & out.

Let's hope it does not go there as both sides have plenty to suffer.

We Tamils and Mallus have lived together as bros for 1000s of years without a single war and we should not let this become a source of hatred between us.

Thats not true man,

Travancore Nairs and Pandya Nadu Maravars were sworn enemies fighting for the paddy fields of KanyaKumari,thats why mallus offensively call us Paandi,but for Paandi means proud warrior,we carry our sickles and spears and tatoo paandi on our fore arms.

---------- Post added at 04:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 PM ----------

Please dont include Vaiko and Thiruma in this,they are chutiyas who only know how to blow it up and show no pragmatism.

Thats not true man,

Travancore Nairs and Pandya Nadu Maravars were sworn enemies fighting for the paddy fields of KanyaKumari,thats why mallus offensively call us Paandi,but for Paandi means proud warrior,we carry our sickles and spears and tatoo paandi on our fore arms.

---------- Post added at 04:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 PM ----------

Please dont include Vaiko and Thiruma in this,they are chutiyas who only know how to blow it up and show no pragmatism.

Well now that we are in modern India, things have to change. Both states here are going to suffer if something terrible happens with this dam. THe freaking scum politicians must understand this. People of BOTH the states should rally and raise a protest in front of the state parliament to approve this repair ASAP. Either that or just screw the agreement paper and start making unilateral diversions.

Anything is more valuable than lives of 35 lakh Indians.

Thats not true man,

Well now that we are in modern India, things have to change. Both states here are going to suffer if something terrible happens with this dam. THe freaking scum politicians must understand this. People of BOTH the states should rally and raise a protest in front of the state parliament to approve this repair ASAP. Either that or just screw the agreement paper and start making unilateral diversions.

I am totally on your side,i love that part of Kerala and i have family in Kottayam,great house where me n dad used to drink under a tree with great weather.

I myself am from Travancore and Pandy(lol) and i totally dont like this bullshit from Vaiko,that chute is also from my place and he takes advantage of the poor farmers out there.

well,i hope they sort it out nicely with some pragmaticts around and also do something about the farmers in Theni and Cumbum.

The dam was made in 1887 using molten sugar and vinegar as cement.As the dam is nearing almost twice of its lifespan,5 districts with a combined population of more than 3 million are in the danger of complete extinction.Is the lease agreement between travancore and british raj more important than that?

The dam was made in 1887 using molten sugar and vinegar as cement.As the dam is nearing almost twice of its lifespan,5 districts with a combined population of more than 3 million are in the danger of complete extinction.Is the lease agreement between travancore and british raj more important than that?

The agreement was further validated by our own CM, Achutha Menon in 1970.

The agreement was further validated by our own CM, Achutha Menon in 1970.

Yeah i just read about that.Even if it is so,the plain fact that our 5 districts are under threat of extinction from a century old dam (built with things like molten sugar)weights more than any agreement.Our threat is real and genuine,we should do whatever its possible to ensure safety of our people.

Yeah i just read about that.Even if it is so,the plain fact that our 5 districts are under threat of extinction from a century old dam (built with things like molten sugar)weights more than any agreement.Our threat is real and genuine,we should do whatever its possible to ensure safety of our people.

Thats what I am saying in my previous posts. Lives of people is more important than some document signed 100 years ago and then validated by some other moronic CM. KM Mani already said that we don't need TN's permission to build a new dam downstream. Now its the time for action, hope our netas have enough spine to push through the plans.

I think all people even tamilians here agree to build a new dam, water will always be given to them, its a win-win situation...then why this stubbornness?

I think all people even tamilians here agree to build a new dam, water will always be given to them, its a win-win situation...then why this stubbornness?

No, they want control of the new dam and demands that Kerala stick to the old agreement which pays Kerala just rs 10 lakh as royalty for the water eventhough they make around 300 crores from power generation using this water.

No, they want control of the new dam and demands that Kerala stick to the old agreement which pays Kerala just rs 10 lakh as royalty for the water eventhough they make around 300 crores from power generation using this water.

Don't mislead people here. :disagree:

Everything from the price to quantum can be re-negotiated to the mutual satisfaction of both sides. We only demand the 1970 Agreement be complied with in the sense, the control will be with us.

---------- Post added at 08:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 AM ----------

Sensationalism, not borne out of facts.

Don't mislead people here. :disagree:

Everything from the price to quantum can be re-negotiated to the mutual satisfaction of both sides. We only demand the 1970 Agreement be complied with in the sense, the control will be with us.

---------- Post added at 08:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 AM ----------

Sensationalism, not borne out of facts.

Satisfaction of both sides? Really?

A simple tremor in Dam area and half of population gone.

Would you say the same if it was threatening "your" state.

Or are these words of convenience?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom