What's new

Kerala, Tamil Nadu face off over Mullaperiyar dam

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes ofcourse ..in that case u may have to look for alternative water source also ..kerala will stop water from shiruvani (kovai, tirupur dists)and neyyar dam

I dont think that is possible because of two reasons.

1)AFAIK, the only road leading to Siruvani dam is in Tamil Nadu and it is not approachable from Kerala, though geographically its in Kerala. Moreover that dam is also control of TWAD and not Kerala.

2)Siruvani does not supply to entire Coimbatore and Tirupur. Most of Cbe and Tirupur are serviced by the Pilloor Dam (Athikadavu Scheme) and only Coimbatore corporation depends on Siruvani

180 times the power of a nuclear bomb.

Power to wash off 5 districts

Power to destroy 4 other dams

Power to destroy the eco-system

Well all the best.

If that is the route you guys are going to take instead of negotiations resulting a win-win solution, then I'm afraid hot-heads on our side too will chart their course from denying vegetables,fruits,electricity and other essential commodities. A very ugly situation.

well it aint new mate....it has been done many times with active support of most in TN. It pains in seeing it coz for every little issue their is!! the crictical food supplies to kerala are cut off!!! never a second thought!
You may associate such behviour with the the hot heads in TN, but what you must know is...their are hot heads here too and if they start taking control ...as its being done in TN, all those dams which provides the highly critical water to TN would have been shut off!! their would have been no water to produce those vegetables (that these guys so ardently stop from crossing the border), at the first place.
I hope you got my point.

33270310150480971291609.jpg

GoK should capture the dam from TN and destroy it in a controlled blast when the water level at Idukki dam is at its lowest. No dam, no problem. Agreement can take a hike.

well it aint new mate....it has been done many times with active support of most in TN. It pains in seeing it coz for every little issue their is!! the crictical food supplies to kerala are cut off!!! never a second thought!
You may associate such behviour with the the hot heads in TN, but what you must know is...their are hot heads here too and if they start taking control ...as its being done in TN, all those dams which provides the highly critical water to TN would have been shut off!! their would have been no water to produce those vegetables (that these guys so ardently stop from crossing the border), at the first place.
I hope you got my point.

I would not like this situation from getting aggravated further and want to see the situation solved to the mutual benefit of both states.All we are asking is GoK to respect the agreement it signed with us and we are made to look like villains for that.

Anyway if push comes to shove then we have no choice except looking after our interests first.Sad but true.

---------- Post added at 12:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 PM ----------

GoK should capture the dam from TN and destroy it in a controlled blast when the water level at Idukki dam is at its lowest. No dam, no problem. Agreement can take a hike.

:hitwall: .

I would not like this situation from getting aggravated and want to see the situation solved to the mutual benefit of both states.All we are asking is GoK to respect the agreement it signed with us and we are made to look like villains for that.

Anyway if push comes to shove then we have no choice except looking after our interests first.Sad but true.

Just 10 lakhs per annum as royality for diverting one entire river. Thats daylight robbery.

Kerala proposes a new dam, under our control but instead of 15 TMC, it will have 20 TMC capacity all of which will go back to TN, but the price will be renegotiated.(Saw in a TV pgm today, so don't ask for links)

Just 10 lakhs per annum as royality for diverting one entire river. Thats daylight robbery.

Kerala proposes a new dam, under our control but instead of 15 TMC, it will have 20 TMC capacity all of which will go back to TN, but the price will be renegotiated.(Saw in a TV pgm today, so don't ask for links)

I think TN's position is except the bolded part everything else including the price can be re-negotiated to the mutual satisfaction of both sides.

Again don't blame the incompetence of your politicians on us. Our job is to strike the bargain as low as it can get. It is the Kerala politicians who agreed to that. Blame them, not us.

180 times the power of a nuclear bomb.

Power to wash off 5 districts

Power to destroy 4 other dams

Power to destroy the eco-system

If the dam bursts 75,000 people (people living b/n Mullaperiyar & Idukki Dam) will die with a few minutes. The rest will depend on how the Idukki dam handles the excess water pressure...but if it breaks also then 5 districts in Keraala can kiss their a** goodbye.

UAE (mallus only)-Indian co-produced Propaganda film

DAM_Poster.jpg

'3D movie' to show Dam destructon in 3D to create mass hysteria among population.

I'm trying hardly for that. But people are so emotional. :disagree:

The only response is we want Kerala to respect the Agreement it signed with TN in 1970 and comply with it after the new dam is constructed.

Ofcourse all the other points like cost sharing, new royalty for water can be negotiated upon. But the basic starting point is Kerala's agreement to the 1970 Agreement.
Ok valid point...now can you tell me what would be done once kerala agrees to abide by the 1970 treaty....what would happen to the people you say will be affected now due to the constrution of the dam?

I dont think that is possible because of two reasons.

1)AFAIK, the only road leading to Siruvani dam is in Tamil Nadu and it is not approachable from Kerala, though geographically its in Kerala. Moreover that dam is also control of TWAD and not Kerala.

2)Siruvani does not supply to entire Coimbatore and Tirupur. Most of Cbe and Tirupur are serviced by the Pilloor Dam (Athikadavu Scheme) and only Coimbatore corporation depends on Siruvani

Siruvani reservior and dam is in kerala

UAE(mallus only)-Indian co-produced Propaganda film

DAM_Poster.jpg

i urge everyone every one not to respond too this false flagger.
mods plzz take care of such scums and dont bring them back so often!!

I think TN's position is except the bolded part everything else including the price can be re-negotiated to the mutual satisfaction of both sides.

Again don't blame the incompetence of your politicians on us. Our job is to strike the bargain as low as it can get. It is the Kerala politicians who agreed to that. Blame them, not us.

Our river..our money...our dam...our control.

& Yes our politician...that Achutha Menon..was incompetent to validate this treaty in 1970, but its the duty of the current generation to rectify any mistakes made by the previous generation..but to be fair to him he validated this treaty before the first cracks appeared in the dam in 1979.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom