What's new

Kerala, Tamil Nadu face off over Mullaperiyar dam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again wrong info.

Its not an agreement signed 100 years ago. Just 41 years ago between the GoK and GoTN and is legally binding on both states.

Mere sentiment and emotion will not achieve anything except increased hatred.

Kerala loses life and TN loses just water. So we have every right to be emotional.

Kerala loses life and TN loses just water. So we have every right to be emotional.

The lives of lakhs of people solely depend on that water on our side and we are only claiming our legal rights as per the 1970 Agreement between GoK and GoTN.

Right now the only impediment to the new dam,AFAIK, is the refusal of GoK to abide by the 1970 Agreement post new dam construction.

Kerala congress (M) to start agitation ...good work K.M.Maani

The lives of lakhs of people solely depend on that water on our side and we are only claiming our legal rights as per the 1970 Agreement between GoK and GoTN.

Right now the only impediment to the new dam,AFAIK, is the refusal of GoK to abide by the 1970 Agreement post new dam construction.

I have a change of mind...the old agreement can take a hike. New agreement with new dam and dear Tamilian friend, GoK will make sure that you don't get away by paying just Rs 10 lakhs per annum as you have done in the past.

I have a change of mind...the old agreement can take a hike. New agreement with new dam and dear Tamilian friend, GoK will make sure that you don't get away by paying just Rs 10 lakhs per annum as you have done in the past.

Well all the best.

If that is the route you guys are going to take instead of negotiations resulting a win-win solution, then I'm afraid hot-heads on our side too will chart their course from denying vegetables,fruits,electricity and other essential commodities. A very ugly situation.

And taking a hike with a legally binding agreement is not that simple as it sounds.

Well all the best.

If that is the route you guys are going to take instead of negotiations resulting a win-win solution, then I'm afraid hot-heads on our side too will chart their course from denying vegetables,fruits,electricity and other essential commodities. A very ugly situation.

And taking a hike with a legally binding agreement is not that simple as it sounds.

not so ugly mate, T.N. farmers and traders will be the losers..we can get these things through Karnataka ..

not so ugly mate, T.N. farmers and traders will be the losers..we can get these things through Karnataka ..

Fine if Keralites are ready for that, what can we do ? make preparations for electricity also.

I still hope somehow the situation can be avoided to the benefit of both states.

commmonn guys!! lets bring some sanity to this thread!!!
Their are lot of keralites in TN and vice versa and i seriously hope they are not effected by this bickering and hype going around.

okay let me ask a question to fellow tamilians.....the dam is not going to stand for 999 years (is it?), a new one will have to be constructed at some point of time for sure....wont that then effect the people living upstream who depend on agriculture then???...coz the sitution will occur eventualy in any case....when dam will reach a super critical stage....can i get a rational response?

to fellow keralites....lets do one thing first....shove the head of bloody achuthanandn who signed the 1970 treaty at the first place without thinking a second time (does he have a brain to think!!) !! This is what happens when you elect a third class fail sicko to the chair.....

Fine if Keralites are ready for that, what can we do ? make preparations for electricity also.

I still hope somehow the situation can be avoided to the benefit of both states.

yes ofcourse ..in that case u may have to look for alternative water source also ..kerala will stop water from shiruvani (kovai, tirupur dists)and neyyar dam

to fellow keralites....lets do one thing first....shove the head of bloody achuthanandn who signed the 1970 treaty at the first place without thinking a second time (does he have a brain to think!!) !! This is what happens when you elect a third class fail sicko to the chair.....

Are Achutananthan and Achutha Menon (who signed the Agreement) the same people ? I don't think so.

Anyway Keralites plucking his head will not affect the legal/constitutional validity of the Agreement.

not achuthanandan ..treaty was signed by achutamenon (of CPI )

6383355743_5265096f3b_b.jpg

commmonn guys!! lets bring some sanity to this thread!!!
Their are lot of keralites in TN and vice versa and i seriously hope they are not effected by this bickering and hype going around.

I'm trying hardly for that. But people are so emotional. :disagree:

okay let me ask a question to fellow tamilians.....the dam is not going to stand for 999 years (is it?), a new one will have to be constructed at some point of time for sure....wont that then effect the people living upstream who depend on agriculture then???...coz the sitution will occur eventualy in any case....when dam will reach a super critical stage....can i get a rational response?

The only response is we want Kerala to respect the Agreement it signed with TN in 1970 and comply with it after the new dam is constructed.

Ofcourse all the other points like cost sharing, new royalty for water can be negotiated upon. But the basic starting point is Kerala's agreement to the 1970 Agreement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom