What's new

Kerala Padmanabha temple's treasure worth US $ 200 billion or Rs 10 lakh cr

Totally agree with you and I have made that point also that our food grain is going to waste not in millions but billions but why? because we lack cold storage and proper logistics. What is our countries biggest problems? apart from corruption my view is a lack of proper infrastructure be it roads, ports etc and also education from primary level to our universities which need a massive upgrade.

Why is the Govt is adamant in building the infrastructure themselves? Just pass an order allowing private players, and there are enough fat cats in India that can solve our infrastructure woes including lack of godowns.

@Akash A. ..the treasure is more likely to look like this

padmanabhaswamy-temple-thiruvananthapuram.jpg

Almost every state has a wealthy temple or trust... be it Padmanabha temple or tirupati temple or Shirdi. Instead of distributing wealth among the people.. these trusts should invest in poor people, such as health & education. Not many are into this.. most of the trusts acts as commercial arm of the temple.. which is pretty sad.

wealth in bhubaneshwar puri temple--
TH26_SILVER_PTI2_26_488875e.jpg

(Photo : A policeman marks on the silver slabs recovered from a 200-year-old mutt in Puri's Jagannath Temple, India)

PURI, (India) : Thousands would have passed a dilapidated building on their way to Puri's Jagannath temple, called Emar Math, not sparing a glance at the 200-year-old structure that on Saturday turned out to be a treasure trove worth US$ 20 million.

Cops, probing a burglary, went into the Math only to find slabs of silver weighing more than 17 tonnes. There were 522 silver slabs, each weighing between 35kg and 40kg. These had been stashed in four wooden treasuries in a sealed room. Emar Math is situated right in front of the Jagannath temple.

'We came to know about the silver here after the arrest of Barun Baral, who was trying to sell a silver slab in Dhenkanal on Friday. During interrogation he told us that he had stolen it from Emar Math,' said Puri superintendent Sanjay Kumar.

The superintendent said Baral worked as a labourer in the Math that is spread over four acres. 'During renovation work, he stumbled upon the treasury. He might have stolen some pieces with the help of others,' Kumar said. When a stone fell off during renovation, the laborers caught a glimpse of the silver.

'Baral's revelation led to the stunning recovery of stacks of silver slabs from the room that was sealed. We broke down the walls to enter the room,' Kumar added.

Pakistan Hindu Post (PHP): Puri's Jagannath Temple Hidden Treasure Is Discovered, India

Yes we should but it's a game of cat and mouse they want to keep the looted money and we want it back so they will try everything in their power to stop it from happening. We need to work with the countries like Switzerland to first find out who these accounts belong to, once we do that we can even arrest these persons and their paisa won't be much use in jail but this goes all the way to the top and in my view to the ***** Sonia.

Who elected these scoundrels ? We people.

So it is us who should elect honest people. People who can bring back our tax money, money we handed over to them for the development of our nation.

Sure, all the gold in India are of the people. We can sell, burn whatever we want.

I am asking you a question...When we sell all the treasure we will get billions. Can anyone garantee these will be used for poverty eradication.

Heck there are people in India who are rich but want to stay in BPL, because of reservation. This is one example...

Let our leaders change or the people change, then we can assure that people itself will donate more than the value of these treasures.

@Akash A. ..the treasure is more likely to look like this

padmanabhaswamy-temple-thiruvananthapuram.jpg

This is our heritage, our culture, a gift from our forefathers -- Development can come today or tomorrow..but if these treasures are lost once, they are lost FOREVER --

Anyone who thinks to sell these treasures to do whatever needs to take his head to the nearest doc to get it examined.

The treasure is still intact coz the elsewhere rulers kept it as a secret to avoid looting by Tipu and British.

The prevalent sense among fellow Trivandrum popula is to keep it as itself.

i have personally heard how the local government has messed up many priceless artifact and paintings in the name of restoration including some rare ones and childhood wall paintings of ravi varma from the mouth of the present king himself.

The treasure will stay in temple as it is.

The biggest surprise probably is the B- Vault where its expected to be huge collection of golden and jewelled artifacts.

A bigger stronger vault to place them is planned and more modern security systems will be implemented.

The assets found in the temple belongs to the temple. The state government ought to build state of the art museums to secure the facilities-- so everyone can admire it.

It could immensely boost kerala tourism.

Why is the Govt is adamant in building the infrastructure themselves? Just pass an order allowing private players, and there are enough fat cats in India that can solve our infrastructure woes including lack of godowns.

Does not work like that because why would private companies invest their hard earned money without a return? the Govt has not created a climate to invest in that is the problem. If you take the Vodaphone Tax episode as a example or the South Korean POSCO project which is worth $12 billion in FDI to India it has been plagued in delays because of our famous bureaucracy.

The solution is both joint Govt and Private players to meet our needs because we are not China where the Govt can do it all on their own.

Thankyou for updating me , amm i was a bit confused :tup:

Some people when thinking of this treasure go 'filmy' and think that this is all cold coins, or slabs or jewels ..but thats far from reality. Most of the gold we are talking about exists as statues like this.

The assets found in the temple belongs to the temple. The state government ought to build state of the art museums to secure the facilities-- so everyone can admire it.

It could immensely boost kerala tourism.

Temple visitors log has already increased with travellers from west and even from Japan and China.

The museum idea is not practical now.

There may be a plan to create replicas to show to outside world but nothing has been planned as of now.

The treasure is still intact coz the elsewhere rulers kept it as a secret to avoid looting by Tipu and British.

The prevalent sense among fellow Trivandrum popula is to keep it as itself.

i have personally heard how the local government has messed up many priceless artifact and paintings in the name of restoration including some rare ones and childhood wall paintings of ravi varma from the mouth of the present king himself.

The treasure will stay in temple as it is.

The biggest surprise probably is the B- Vault where its expected to be huge collection of golden and jewelled artifacts.

A bigger stronger vault to place them is planned and more modern security systems will be implemented.

Spark, i am a bit confused...this is a new vault, they opened or the previous one done some months back ?

How many vaults are there yet to be opened ?

Who elected these scoundrels ? We people.

So it is us who should elect honest people. People who can bring back our tax money, money we handed over to them for the development of our nation.

Sure, all the gold in India are of the people. We can sell, burn whatever we want.

I am asking you a question...When we sell all the treasure we will get billions. Can anyone garantee these will be used for poverty eradication. Heck there are people in India who are rich but want to stay in BPL, because of reservation. This is one example...

Let our leaders change or the people change, then we can assure that people itself will donate more than the value of these treasures.

You make a good point and I agree that there is no guarantee I can give you that the money will not be wasted or end up in the wrong hands. Why not stick some of the items in a Museum for everyone to see? it will bring alot of revenue in terms of tourist and also our children and their children will also have a chance to see such things because im excited as hell also to see what artifact's have been discovered.

Back
Top Bottom