What's new

Kerala Padmanabha temple's treasure worth US $ 200 billion or Rs 10 lakh cr

Spark, i am a bit confused...this is a new vault, they opened or the previous one done some months back ?

How many vaults are there yet to be opened ?

A, C,D, E, F has been opened. C,D,E,and F have been tagged and placed back after weighing and calculating the weight and other measurements.

Team is compromised of an archeologist, gemist and a jeweller and a dedicated team of Keltron staff who are around 15 + a temple representative and a royal representative.

B is yet to be opened. There is some issues regarding opening B .. dont know if the court sort out that.

Build a museum and use the money earned from the museum tickets for the developmental of needy people.

Edit:

Can't they convert those vaults into a museum.

Does not work like that because why would private companies invest their hard earned money without a return? the Govt has not created a climate to invest in that is the problem. If you take the Vodaphone Tax episode as a example or the South Korean POSCO project which is worth $12 billion in FDI to India it has been plagued in delays because of our famous bureaucracy.

The solution is both joint Govt and Private players to meet our needs because we are not China where the Govt can do it all on their own.

I am not saying that they should do it for free. If I am not wrong,atleast Rs 2-3 per litre of petrol goes to the fund to build roads. The govt can give this money to private players and if this is not enough they can charge a toll on their infra built. As far as godowns are considered, make an order by which private players are guaranteed a minimum return for their private godowns and I am sure in a few months, our storage problem will be solved.

As I said before there is no lack of funds in this country, the only thing lacking is a strong willed leadership.

You make a good point and I agree that there is no guarantee I can give you that the money will not be wasted or end up in the wrong hands. Why not stick some of the items in a Museum for everyone to see? it will bring alot of revenue in terms of tourist and also our children and their children will also have a chance to see such things because im excited as hell also to see what artifact's have been discovered.

A museum of such grand scale is difficult right now...Even i am excited to see those treasures.

I mean there are no such hi tech museums in India.

Build a museum and use the money earned from the museum tickets for the developmental of needy people.

Would prefer the proper use of the already alloted money from central govt to impliment the projects rather than eyeing money from museum tickets.

A museum of such grand scale is difficult right now...Even i am excited to see those treasures.

I mean there are no such hi tech museums in India.

When was the last time we built a Museum? most of ours was done during the British rule I think it's about time now and we have a perfect reason to do it.

When was the last time we built a Museum? most of ours was done during the British rule I think it's about time now and we have a perfect reason to do it.

Something like this should be built.

Musée du Louvre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

With state of the art security and all...I think it would cost around 3 to 4 billion USD.

On second thought...Why not give a contract to the french museum ?

20111024195612_0468-600x400.jpg

This is the Ordos Museum not to my taste but it's just a example of what we could do if we build a majectic place to house these items.

Not even that much yaar max would be $1bn cost for India because labour for us will be cheaper and raw materials also.

Dont forget the land...shortage of land in kerala.

Otherwise it would look like a typical flat in mumbai suburbs.

B is yet to be opened. There is some issues regarding opening B .. dont know if the court sort out that.

Did not the Devaprashanam warn against opening of vault B ?

Anyforward movements on that ?

Dont forget the land...shortage of land in kerala.

Otherwise it would look like a typical flat in mumbai suburbs.

Plus the hi-tech security that would be needed like CCTV'S, lasers and double glass cases to hold the items :) okay even if we say $2bn because of land prices im sure that would be more than enough to have a stunning design from a world class architect like Norman Foster. Whatever design they should make should be Indian inspired though like the Namaste Tower in Mumbai I love that building!

Did not the Devaprashanam warn against opening of vault B ?

Anyforward movements on that ?

Yes... now its upto the courts to decide.

There are indeed some more information on it but cant reveal it on open.. esp, here.

Back
Top Bottom