What's new

Kerala man feeds hungry street kids in a restaurant, gets surprised by the bill

anant_s

Reaction score
Country
India
Karma is not always a ...you know what! Karma is just, and is instant at times.

Its not often we come across people making kind gestures, especially to the underprivileged. But there are some, who know nothing but to be kind, nothing but to be generous. And for them, karma is just, and mostly instant.

Here's a story of a man, who's name hasn't been disclosed, who encountered instant karma.
smiley-smile.gif
The story originally written in Malayalam, and posted to a public group on Facebook by the name Right Thinkers, has by now got over 1190 shares. Here's the story, cut short.

A man entered Hotel Sabrina, run by C Narayanan, in Malappuram in Kerala for dinner, after an all day long meeting, and placed his order. As his order arrived, the man noticed a pair of small eyes, outside the window, wistfully looking at the food served at various tables.

A little ragpicker.

Man gestured the little boy to come in, and he came in with his little sister. He asked them what they'd like to have and the boy pointed at the plate on his table. He ordered another plate.

When the food was served, the little boy couldn't contain his excitement. Just before he started, his sister held his hand, stopping him. He understood she wants them both to wash their hands before starting.

The kids quietly finished the food ordered for them. Neither did they speak to each other, or smile. When done, they rose, looked at the man, washed their hands and left. The man hadn't touched his food yet. He felt full.

He finished his meal and called for the bill. When he got back to the table after washing his hands, he saw the bill and it moved him to tears he had been holding back all this while.

The bill had no amount, but a message for him.

It read, "We don't have a machine that can bill humanity. May good happen to you."

12508941_931204423638197_4737352222604121315_n.jpg

We published the above story this morning, and by evening, it has gone viral, and we were able to trace the unnamed man, our hero in the story.

Meet Akhilesh Kumar, working as a senior technical sales engineer at Power Solution Industries LLC, in Dubai. This was an incident that happened when he was on a short trip to his hometown.

bill---left_012116063858.jpg

Photo: Akhilesh's Facebook profile
He had written the original post on January 6, in the form of a short story. We also had a conversation with a representative of Hotel Sabrina, but couldn't figure out the generous person at the bill counter who made the heartwarming gesture.

Maybe because generosity could claim his job.

Kerala man feeds hungry street kids in a restaurant, gets surprised by the bill : FYI, News - India Today

@Levina @AndrewJin (yesterday you shared a nice story with me, its my turn today:-)) @XiNiX @nair @SpArK @Abingdonboy @Parul @AUSTERLITZ @scorpionx @Water Car Engineer @PARIKRAMA @thesolar65 @Rain Man @Echo_419 @Roybot @Nihonjin1051 @WAJsal @waz @Jungibaaz @Capt.Popeye @Mirza Jatt @ranjeet @Guynextdoor2 @jbgt90

Last edited:
Giving food to a hungry human is most purest noble gesture in this world .
People will always ask again and again if we give any other valuable materials to them .But there is only thing that people wont ask again once they completed that is food .
Good job Mr Akhilesh and that hotel's owner

Its really a wonderful feeling when you help the needy. Look around yourself. You will find lots of needy people. Some need food. Some need warm clothes or maybe a job...

Helping such people is much much better than praying in places of worship. Even God would prefer you to go and help people instead of sitting idle and praying.

Its not often we come across people making kind gestures, especially to the underprivileged. But there are some, who know nothing but to be kind, nothing but to be generous. And for them, karma is just, and mostly instant.

Here's a story of a man, who's name hasn't been disclosed, who encountered instant karma.
smiley-smile.gif
The story originally written in Malayalam, and posted to a public group on Facebook by the name Right Thinkers, has by now got over 1190 shares. Here's the story, cut short.

A man entered Hotel Sabrina, run by C Narayanan, in Malappuram in Kerala for dinner, after an all day long meeting, and placed his order. As his order arrived, the man noticed a pair of small eyes, outside the window, wistfully looking at the food served at various tables.

A little ragpicker.

Man gestured the little boy to come in, and he came in with his little sister. He asked them what they'd like to have and the boy pointed at the plate on his table. He ordered another plate.

When the food was served, the little boy couldn't contain his excitement. Just before he started, his sister held his hand, stopping him. He understood she wants them both to wash their hands before starting.

The kids quietly finished the food ordered for them. Neither did they speak to each other, or smile. When done, they rose, looked at the man, washed their hands and left. The man hadn't touched his food yet. He felt full.

He finished his meal and called for the bill. When he got back to the table after washing his hands, he saw the bill and it moved him to tears he had been holding back all this while.

It read, "We don't have a machine that can bill humanity. May good happen to you."

View attachment 288781
We published the above story this morning, and by evening, it has gone viral, and we were able to trace the unnamed man, our hero in the story.

Meet Akhilesh Kumar, working as a senior technical sales engineer at Power Solution Industries LLC, in Dubai. This was an incident that happened when he was on a short trip to his hometown.

View attachment 288782

He had written the original post on January 6, in the form of a short story. We also had a conversation with a representative of Hotel Sabrina, but couldn't figure out the generous person at the bill counter who made the heartwarming gesture.

Kerala man feeds hungry street kids in a restaurant, gets surprised by the bill : FYI, News - India Today

@Levina @AndrewJin (yesterday you shared a nice story with me, its my turn today:-)) @XiNiX @nair @SpArK @Abingdonboy @Parul @AUSTERLITZ @scorpionx @Water Car Engineer @PARIKRAMA @thesolar65 @Rain Man @Echo_419 @Roybot @Nihonjin1051 @WAJsal @waz @Jungibaaz @Capt.Popeye @Mirza Jatt
a feel good story. there are many more like this across the globe which will amaze you and restore the faith in humanity.

Seeing news like this makes me think there are still some part of humanity in that world full of savages and heartless people.

-
I was browsing a site and found this also : (Concerning India)

Indian cop buys homeless girl clothes

6VJ4s3C.jpg

@Abingdonboy @PARIKRAMA

smiley-smile.gif

A little ragpicker.

View attachment 288781

View attachment 288782

@Levina @AndrewJin (yesterday you shared a nice story with me, its my turn today:-)) @XiNiX @nair @SpArK @Abingdonboy @Parul @AUSTERLITZ @scorpionx @Water Car Engineer @PARIKRAMA @thesolar65 @Rain Man @Echo_419 @Roybot @Nihonjin1051 @WAJsal @waz @Jungibaaz @Capt.Popeye @Mirza Jatt
I have nothing but respect for both Mr Kumar and the staff of the hotel but t breaks my heart a little boy and his sister are living like this along with countless others in India and around the globe.

On one hand it is a "humanity restoring" news story but then it is also more of a reflection of the sick world we live in, a world where the top 70 richest people (a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of 1%) have more resources than the bottom 40% of the world's population. No one should have to live like this. Poverty is an unspeakable indignity and it is why I consider corrupt offcials in poor nations (not just India) the lowest of the low, their crimes are as bad as any war criminal, they are literally taking the food out of the weakest's stomachs. Corruption should be treated like terrorism and anyone found guilty of it should be hanged by their private parts above national monuments.

@Vauban @PARIKRAMA @Echo_419 @MilSpec @nair @SpArK @Levina @scorpionx @Parul @SpArK @AUSTERLITZ

respect for akhilesh and the man at the counter. The people below the poverty line(The actual BPL people) in India can instantly get a level up if the rich class in India becomes generous just for week without losing even 1% of their wealth.

About 2 months back, i attended a Training Course program, where we were shown a video and i wish to share the same with you all. its called Pay it Forward.

the basic premise is that, do good to someone, even if nothing good happens to you. Someday that good deed would come back to you
I think this is what happened with both Mr. Kumar and the billing person. They didn't let the chain of good deed get broken.
Its a very important lesson in life and perhaps a hope when we think that the world is filled with bitterness.

Lovely! There sure is good in this world!

Let us all get together and do more good than all the bad around..... The one way to change a glass of dirty water into clean good water without pouring it all out and filling it with clean water is to keep pouring more clean water into the glass. Eventually the glass of dirty water will be a glass of clean water.

Do think about it.

when i am in India, I rarely give money to beggars or rag pickers. There are so many of them and a few quids here and there will barely make a dent.
Here I usually give money to buskers(people who actually play some sort of musical instruments or sing on highstreet or in train stations), never to beggars or gypsies. Even physical handicap or blindness does not evoke any sense of compassion in me anymore. Am I the only one like that?

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom