What's new

Kerala man feeds hungry street kids in a restaurant, gets surprised by the bill

when i am in India, I rarely give money to beggars or rag pickers. There are so many of them and a few quids here and there will barely make a dent.
Here I usually give money to buskers(people who actually play some sort of musical instruments or sing on highstreet or in train stations), never to beggars or gypsies. Even physical handicap or blindness does not evoke any sense of compassion in me anymore. Am I the only one like that?

Quite many a times, I offered to buy food for beggars , and sometimes little girls. U know what? They all refused. They just wanted money, which looked fishy.
From that time since, I never give money. They either drink or some middleman is using the kids to beg.

Glad to see such acts of kindness. I hope these children are able to break the cycle of poverty with education.

Quite many a times, I offered to buy food for beggars , and sometimes little girls. U know what? They all refused. They just wanted money, which looked fishy.
From that time since, I never give money. They either drink or some middleman is using the kids to beg.
In India Begging mafia thrives on lost children.

Not only in India :(
It reminds of a boy from my school(Lucknow army public school).
This guy flunked in his final exams in grade 7. All of 12years, he decided to run away from his house.
Not far away from his house, the kid was picked up by the begging mafia at Lucknow railway station.
I don't know the reason, but the mafia decided to send the kid to Delhi,it takes an overnight journey from Lucknow to Delhi on train.
On the train an army Hawaldar, was quick to spot the kid who definitely didnot look like the son of a rag-Picker(the man who accompanied the kid on train).
Somehow the Hawaldar managed to sneak the kid out of train. And the story ended happily.
The story brings forth the need to ban begging on streets, because one thing leads to another and beggars are most often than not work for a mafia,(ofcourse not wilfully).

Posting a few pictures

image.jpeg

Definitely not his kid,the kid looks sedated too.

image.jpeg

A man stealing somebody's baby.

What a touching story!!!!!! The wordings in "Malayalam" would give you a feeling which cannot be expressed by words...... Have been to this restaurant couple of times......

It reminds of a boy from my school(Lucknow army public school).
This guy flunked in his final exams in grade 7. All of 12years, he decided to run away from his house.
Not far away from his house, the kid was picked up by the begging mafia at Lucknow railway station.
I don't know the reason, but the mafia decided to send the kid to Delhi,it takes an overnight journey from Lucknow to Delhi on train.
On the train an army Hawaldar, was quick to spot the kid who definitely didnot look like the son of a rag-Picker(the man who accompanied the kid on train).
Somehow the Hawaldar managed to sneak the kid out of train. And the story ended happily.
The story brings forth the need to ban begging on streets, because one thing leads to another and beggars are most often than not work for a mafia,(ofcourse not wilfully).

Posting a few pictures

View attachment 288886

Definitely not his kid,the kid looks sedated too.

View attachment 288887

A man stealing somebody's baby.
A lot of these kids get addicted to drugs, which is then used by person up in chain to keep kids involved in begging.
Rehabilitation is really a big problem, especially when we have to deal with this organized crime sort of setup and police not well equipped to share information available, that can help distressed parents find their lost kids.

A lot of these kids get addicted to drugs, which is then used by person up in chain to keep kids involved in begging.
Rehabilitation is really a big problem, especially when we have to deal with this organized crime sort of setup and police not well equipped to share information available, that can help distressed parents find their lost kids.

There you go!
The incident might not have happened at all.

Did Kerala man really feed poor kids at restaurant? - TOI Blogs

But I hope this incident(even if it's a lie) inspires many to donate.

There you go!
The incident might not have happened at all.

Did Kerala man really feed poor kids at restaurant? - TOI Blogs

But I hope this incident(even if it's a lie) inspires many to donate.
i could not understand, whats written in Malayalam on bill. if that is true, i'm reasonably sure of authenticity of story.
But in either case, i guess the underlying message that Good deeds never go unrewarded, is something we should all understand and take hope from.

when i am in India, I rarely give money to beggars or rag pickers. There are so many of them and a few quids here and there will barely make a dent.
Here I usually give money to buskers(people who actually play some sort of musical instruments or sing on highstreet or in train stations), never to beggars or gypsies. Even physical handicap or blindness does not evoke any sense of compassion in me anymore. Am I the only one like that?

No. I'm like that too. Primarily because a lot of begging is controlled by mafia. Especially the ones with the kids- the kids are given opiates to keep them quiet. Better to give the money to a charitable organization than to a mafia.

@Levina this is what is written in the bill "Manushyathuathinu bill adikkan pattiya yandram ivide illa......Nanmayundakatte" for Others (though it is translated in OP) We do not have the machine (printer) to print the bill for humanity - "May good things happen to you"

Because you are trying to evoke a response from Hindus! Unfortunately, you will fall short of that.
Beggars and Rag Pickers eh?> I SAY YOU FOCKIN GUY, COME FACE AND SEE! Your foreigner friends are gonna face the same thing.We are THE LAND OF DHARMA! HARA HARA MAHADEV!

Karma is not always a ...you know what! Karma is just, and is instant at times.

Its not often we come across people making kind gestures, especially to the underprivileged. But there are some, who know nothing but to be kind, nothing but to be generous. And for them, karma is just, and mostly instant.

Here's a story of a man, who's name hasn't been disclosed, who encountered instant karma.
smiley-smile.gif
The story originally written in Malayalam, and posted to a public group on Facebook by the name Right Thinkers, has by now got over 1190 shares. Here's the story, cut short.

A man entered Hotel Sabrina, run by C Narayanan, in Malappuram in Kerala for dinner, after an all day long meeting, and placed his order. As his order arrived, the man noticed a pair of small eyes, outside the window, wistfully looking at the food served at various tables.

A little ragpicker.

Man gestured the little boy to come in, and he came in with his little sister. He asked them what they'd like to have and the boy pointed at the plate on his table. He ordered another plate.

When the food was served, the little boy couldn't contain his excitement. Just before he started, his sister held his hand, stopping him. He understood she wants them both to wash their hands before starting.

The kids quietly finished the food ordered for them. Neither did they speak to each other, or smile. When done, they rose, looked at the man, washed their hands and left. The man hadn't touched his food yet. He felt full.

He finished his meal and called for the bill. When he got back to the table after washing his hands, he saw the bill and it moved him to tears he had been holding back all this while.

The bill had no amount, but a message for him.

It read, "We don't have a machine that can bill humanity. May good happen to you."

View attachment 288781
We published the above story this morning, and by evening, it has gone viral, and we were able to trace the unnamed man, our hero in the story.

Meet Akhilesh Kumar, working as a senior technical sales engineer at Power Solution Industries LLC, in Dubai. This was an incident that happened when he was on a short trip to his hometown.

View attachment 288782

Photo: Akhilesh's Facebook profile
He had written the original post on January 6, in the form of a short story. We also had a conversation with a representative of Hotel Sabrina, but couldn't figure out the generous person at the bill counter who made the heartwarming gesture.

Maybe because generosity could claim his job.

Kerala man feeds hungry street kids in a restaurant, gets surprised by the bill : FYI, News - India Today

@Levina @AndrewJin (yesterday you shared a nice story with me, its my turn today:-)) @XiNiX @nair @SpArK @Abingdonboy @Parul @AUSTERLITZ @scorpionx @Water Car Engineer @PARIKRAMA @thesolar65 @Rain Man @Echo_419 @Roybot @Nihonjin1051 @WAJsal @waz @Jungibaaz @Capt.Popeye @Mirza Jatt @ranjeet @Guynextdoor2 @jbgt90
CAN WE MAKE THIS A PAN NATIONAL THING?Nobody in our land ever went to sleep Hungry, we are fertile land! Lets try a Pilot project people. what say?

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom