What's new

Kashmiris to condemn India’s LoC aggression on 14th

This is the border area where this all has happened:
And just to give you an idea, How much inside the fencing really is (This is not to scale, only figurative representation of the exact area and a very lame attempt at 4AM to showcase how complex is this border... So, pardon the graphics)
Don't know if this is interesting enough for you folks or adds value or not, to this whole discussion.
Can you guys check the image?

Kindly don't share such information.

Kindly don't share such information.
@KRAIT There is nothing in the pics and only a representation of what is what... everything is pretty much visible on Google Maps... On our BOPs, ALL THE BEST FINDING THEM ON THIS MAP :P Any other reason why you would have a problem? I am happy to take them out

And you just stopped with a teaser. That's not fair. Would you be willing to mail me the happenings. :D

Then I don't understand how images work at PDF...

And you just stopped with a teaser. That's not fair. Would you be willing to mail me the happenings. :D

there is no teasers there. It's just a long story of that border, of the armies, on the practical inability to lock down that border and of the good people on both sides (I can qualify that judiciously) etc etc... stuff you call as legends and folklore ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
@mastaan what is the dotted line with black overlapping line ?

@mastaan Can't see the image. Just giving a heads up. :D

No idea... I just know the white line, because I know that the ALC (Actual Line of Control) in that area is almost the same. Should I really delete it, as @KRAIT says? I just took a dump from Google maps and painted a chart

@mastaan Can't see the image. Just giving a heads up. :D

BUT KS just asked a question from the pic, so he got to see it. I think you should right click and open image in new window. That's how it works for me. :)

No idea... I just know the white line, because I know that the ALC (Actual Line of Control) in that area is almost the same. Should I really delete it, as @KRAIT says? I just took a dump from Google maps and painted a chart

BUT KS just asked a question. I think you should right click and open image in new window. That's how it works for me. :)

No I saw the images by taking their URL and pasting it in a new tab. So no worries.

BTW the units that indulged in the firing yesterday seem to have been the 13 Raj Rif and 1 Maratha LI. You did not mention the marathas in the list of "medieval minded" soldiers necessary for BOP fighting..:P

Yellow lines are roads and dotted while lines are the Border, as we claim it (the whole of J&K).But this is just an educated guess, if I follow the dotted while line a bit north and then east.

No I saw the images by taking their URL and pasting it in a new tab. So no worries.

BTW the units that indulged in the firing yesterday seem to have been the 13 Raj Rif and 1 Maratha LI. You did not mention the marathas in the list of "medieval minded" soldiers necessary for BOP fighting..:P

Yep, I missed em and few more (I have seen Naga 2 in operation on this border, then there is Assam). We have a 1.3Mn army and it has a pretty rich history. Raj Rif is pretty regular on this border. But, I did mention Mahar (Which if I remember is Maharashtra Regiment - it's been a decade since i used that terminology) and that is different from the Maratha LI. MLI is another very very gallant and proud regiment of our Army... And they also know their 'medieval art'... How could I forget Veer Shivaji's clan...

And with that, it's time to hit the sack... Schöneswochenende!

Yeah Mahars are from Maharashtra...

Back
Top Bottom