What's new

Kashmiris concerned by plans for Hindu satellite cities

I envision well protected state of the art and highly infrastructured townships with self contained industries getting created in J&K. The areas that are sympathetic to the separatist POV will simply be allowed to degenerate without industries and tourism into ghettos like the ones you see in Aazamgarh and parts of UP
That would be the worst mistake we could make at this juncture. That would alienate the kashmiris even more. It should not be allowed to degenerate, but be kept at a level below the new cities/townships that the Govt makes.

Eventually changing the demographics is the ultimate weapon that will solve the kashmir problem. The kashmiris must be made to think after a while that its 370 that is stopping prosperity so they agree to a watered down version of 370. Then remove it. It must be done in a phased, gradual manner, any haste will backfire on us.

But we will change the demographics of kashmir and bring it down to 50% Muslim.

I hope Kashmiri pundits return to their real home and all Kashmiris, Muslims and Hindus live peacefully in Kashmir.

AJK is under Pakistani control, we cannot do anything about what happens there. That's up to Pak. Who exactly was thrown to Pakistani Kashmir, and when? If Indian citizens have been thrown to Pakistan, then yes, they have every right to return.

Maybe you don't understand the issue - in the 1980s, islamic terror groups like hizb-ul-mujahideen and harkat-ul-mujahideen terrorized the hindu Pandits of Kashmir to flee, abandoning their land and property. These people have not been able to return, because the threat against their lives still existed. But now we have crushed these terror groups, and Kashmir is quite a peaceful place, and so we are in a position to rehabilitate these Kashmiris who were forced to flee just because they were hindus. Don't Pakistanis always pretend to shed tears for human rights violations in Kashmir? Well, this was one of the biggest that has happened there, and it was perpetrated on the hindu minority.So shouldn't you be applauding their return to their beloved native land?

You are expecting reply?

muslim won't especially sunni, my mother family had left the valley 5 years before militancy started cause they face harassment by sunni in their village

Everybody know that but no body wants to speak against these mullah for vote bank.

since the election of India’s new right-wing government, there has been a push for the rehabilitation of Kashmiri Hindus in the disputed valley region. Displaced by a popular uprising against Indian rule in 1990, many have long waited for a chance to return. The plans proposed by new government however, have raised concerns among members of Kashmir's population.

Recently, senior Kashmiri resistance leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani revealed he had received information about government plans to build contained satellite cities for those repatriated. According to local and Indian newspapers, the Indian Home Minister has asked the state government to earmark 2100 acres of land for three such cities.

“Each city requires 700 acres of land where 75,000-100,000 people would be accommodated. Each city will have a medical college, two engineering colleges, four police stations and 12 schools,” Geelani, the head of the Tehrik-e-Hurriyat movement, said.

The pro-India local Government has neither confirmed nor refuted the statement and the news has already set off alarm bells in Kashmir.

26 June 2014 dated pictures show armed security guard a gated community for Kashmiri Pandits (Hindus) in the Budgam region of Indian-held Kashmir.

Though Geelani and other resistance leaders welcome the return of Kashmiri Pandits to Indian-held Kashmir, they are against the creation of confined settlements. They have threatened mass agitation against a move which they believe could lead to a replication of problems in Palestine, with settlers gradually changing Kashmir’s demography.

"We welcome the return of Kashmiri Pandits to their roots since they are sons of the soil, and they should come and live alongside their Muslim brethren,” Geelani told the press, adding that the government should pay them US$50000 towards constructing homes. “But creating separate settlements in the name of Kashmiri Pandits is unacceptable.”

A popular revolt by Kashmir’s Muslim-majority population in 1990 led to 100,000 Hindus migrating from the valley region. A report produced by police in Indian state Jammu & Kashmir says 209 Hindus were killed in violence between 1990 and 2008.

“The first important thing is to make the ground conducive for the return of Kashmiri Pandits and it cannot be done with a top-own approach but has to be done on the ground,” says Sanjay Tickoo, president of the Sangarsh Samiti, an organization of Kashmiri Pandits who remained in the valley after rebellion.

Tickoo says the Indian government lacks an understanding of the reality on the ground and is creating more problems than it is solving by increasing tension with Muslims. He says the return of Kashmiri Pandits should be an organic process, anything else would be detrimental.

His view is not shared by all Kashmiri Pandits however; thousands are cheering for a separate homeland within Indian-held Kashmir, which they believe will be safer for them.

Rakesh Bhat (C), a Kashmiri Hindu who was displaced by a popular rebellion among the Muslim-majority population against Indian rule in 1990.

Rakesh Bhat was 10 years old when his family left Kashmir in 1990. They sold their old home a decade ago when they needed money and gave up on the possibility of returning. Bhat however, managed that four years ago, under a government rehabilitation plan for Kashmiri Hindus. He was part of a group of 1446 youth given government jobs in Indian-held Kashmir but, he says, he still does not feel like he is arrived home.

“We will not feel secure in Kashmir till we live separately. It isn’t possible for us to live one Hindu family among a 100 Muslim families, which was true before 1990,” says Bhat. He says he would never returned to Kashmir without the promise of the job, because there is little else for him without the return of the Pandit community to Kashmiri society.

"This is yet another migration for us. I was a boy when I left this place and when I come here now, my son is the same age and it is a migration for him now. And we feel completely nowhere."

Kashmiris concerned by plans for Hindu satellite cities, 26 June 2014
Satellite town development is an excellent step by GOI... these separatist cartoons are scared of getting sidelined as local people will get the taste of development and would want to create a good living for themselves and their families.

Gated communities in satellite townships, alongside army cantonments. I like the idea. This is the first step towards a gradual integration of J&K with the mainland. Rail link is already complete till Qazigund and construction is steaming ahead, whole state should be covered by 2020. Once that is done, there will be a gradual inflow of population from all across India :agree:. This should and would be followed by setting up industry in this state to give the locals employment, you cant expect them to rely on agriculture and tourism forever.

I really hope we are also able to tap the potential of Ladakh. An interesting project going on is the Rohtang tunnel. This will help bypass the terrible Rohtang Pass road and connect Manali to Spiti-Lahaul valleys and Ladakh, shortening travel time by 6 hours besides easing congestion. Currently it takes 22 hrs from Manali to Leh by road :sick:

732450.jpg

Although all of this will take time, we are finally on the right track
went there in april work has been stop probably because of election, why the hell GOI don't make a rail link to ladakh through my state:hitwall:

went there in april work has been stop probably because of election, why the hell GOI don't make a rail link to ladakh through my state:hitwall:
I went there last week only, Rohtang pass road is a shithole. But there was another tunnel on Chandigarh-Manali highway and I was very impressed by its construction.(near Larji dam, where the recent tragedy happened).
So you are from Himachal?

inferior ?? aren't the Hindi speakers Nordic Aryans ?
back to topic, will India hold an UN sponsored Plebiscite in Indian Occupied Kashmir ???

Go and read the Precondition of Plebiscite... First Pakistan fulfill the precondition then we will see...

After removal of article 370, Lots of Hindus will be settled in Kashmir to make it a Hindu majority state once again.
Article 370 is a burden on Kashmiri people.. & only benefits the higher ups in the power center at J & K. It needs to be scrapped altogether so that outside investments can can get in & make a difference to lives of locals. Resettlement of native Kashmiris is a good start in that direction!

The Muslims in kashmir know the fate of muslims in places like Gujraat, hence the fight is on to keep Kashmir Muslim

The fight for kashmir will be stepped up, and article 370 will be defended but hindu's will never be allowed back into kashmir

Assam and Bengal will be muslims states before that happens

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom