What's new

Kashmir to have metro rail

I'm sorry but I don't buy all this talk of blocking development like this because it will be a security risk, is this not admittinf defeat? Is this not exactly what the terrorists want?

Well actually the topic got diverted miidway. The core point was that Kashmir did not need a metro, not right now, based purely on economical and business reasons as I think there might not be enough passengers to make it a profitable venture and that there are many Tier II cities in rest of India that need metro more urgently than Kashmir. If tomorrow there rises a real need for a metro, in a way as to make it profitable, then they can build it.

Who will fund this extravanga. Obviously money will not come from Congress's Swiss bank accounts. Ordinary Indian will fund this. And in return he will get nothing but Galis from the kashmiris.

Who will fund this extravanga. Obviously money will not come from Congress's Swiss bank accounts. Ordinary Indian will fund this. And in return he will get nothing but Galis from the kashmiris.

Firstly, this is not an extravaganza but a necessity . You only have to travel once to Jammu once to realise this.The amount of fuel & time wasted / lost in traffic jams is colossal. Each state has a right to develop.

Next as regards funding, it will come from the same kind of sources as it did for DMRC and other metros underway / planned.

Lastly, no one gives galis if the work done is correct & in conformity with the requirements of the locals.

Its better if we ask kashmiris what they want out of their land ? No kahmiri is fool enough to refuse development. Yes, pakistani insurgents might but never a local kashmiri who faces day to day routine struggle of life.

Do u remember last tym when 60% election took place in kashmir, they people said on media, they are voting for indian establishment not coz they have given up azadi. Its coz they want better standard of living and roti, kapda, makaa, bijli, sadak, paani rather than jihad.

Sorry you cant have it both ways. Its an integral part of India. You can go back to BC for all I care but its not going to happen. Plus, you don;t take into account the Hindu kingdoms that made up Kashmir before the Islamic invasions. If listen to such stupid demands like Azad, the rest of India can ask for such.

i think Metro is better for India than all these vehicles which are polluting us to death. We dont even have US Emission standards in India to protect the ppl from harmful fumes. Regarding Kashmir, development should come as we create a better security scenario there. Sringar and other cities/villages should be recreated miles away from the border. Its a no brainer that its proximity to the LAC is a problem. Resolve these key issues first, otherwsie you are going to have terrorists going from one place to another training, preaching their BS, and engaging in violence. Think right ppl

Sorry you cant have it both ways. Its an integral part of India. You can go back to BC for all I care but its not going to happen. Plus, you don;t take into account the Hindu kingdoms that made up Kashmir before the Islamic invasions. If listen to such stupid demands like Azad, the rest of India can ask for such.

1st learn to comprehend bro. u r saying something which i personlly never spoke nor believe in. for better understanding of kashmir and its politics, better go thru this complete interview of Oram Abdullah.

(do watch other 5 consequent videos too)

And i dint get what do u mean by hindu kingdoms and muslim kingdoms. U really need to educate urself bout a concrete fact that Kashmir is all bout KASHMIRIAT not hindu muslim crap. Bolne ke pehle samajh to le bhai kiske baare mein kya baaten kar rahe ho.

Last edited by a moderator:
Our state is improving day by day.

Hope one day they relax rules in the field of land acquisitions by others.

Stop all this crap about who needs metro more, shall we...

J&K government and IAS advisors involved in the projects knows what they are doing......Moreover, funds are distributed to each state government and if J&K gov feels that Kashmiris needs metro and they want to invest their share of funds in this project then so be it!!!

Well J&K govt has the right and mandate to decide what the people of J&K want.

But IMO, what is needed is not Metro, what J&K needs are world class 8 laned highways connecting different cities with each other and the border states of J&K. Along with seamless Indian Rail connectivity.

That IMO would go a much longer way in generating economic vibrancy than a metro in 1 or 2 cities of J&K and the cost of both will actually be the same as metro is ridiculously expensive.

At a later date, metro is inevitable, but at the moment, with such low levels of economic development, this should not be a priority.

Our state is improving day by day.

Hope one day they relax rules in the field of land acquisitions by others.

It isn't in the hand of the state. It's in the hands of Parliment but we gona need a constituional amendment to do that

Look how the empty the rails be.

kashmirdmu.jpg

It will be great if India connect Jammu and Srinagar with new high speed train plans. It will be better for the tourism than even Metro.

1st learn to comprehend bro. u r saying something which i personlly never spoke nor believe in. for better understanding of kashmir and its politics, better go thru this complete interview of Oram Abdullah.

(do watch other 5 consequent videos too)

And i dint get what do u mean by hindu kingdoms and muslim kingdoms. U really need to educate urself bout a concrete fact that Kashmir is all bout KASHMIRIAT not hindu muslim crap. Bolne ke pehle samajh to le bhai kiske baare mein kya baaten kar rahe ho.

Yeah guess what the dream of Kashmiriat will never happen after the treatment of the Pandits....good luck. And those dreams of Independence can fuk off. If you want independence so badly go to Pakistan/China and ask for such? let;s see what they do and how they react? You can show me all the videos you want, but Kashmir is an integral part of India. Get used to it or you can leave.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom