What's new

Kashmir to have metro rail

Dude as far as I know only Delhi, Mumbai, B'lore,Kochi and Chennai have metros or are in the process of building one.

There was a 2011 news which says the population cut-off for a city having metro would be 20 lakhs (2 million).

Then you need to update ur info:Kochi Metro ·
Under cons and expanding:
Chennai Metro ·
Hyderabad Metro ·
Jaipur Metro ·
MetroLink Express Gandhinagar and Ahmedabad ·
Mumbai Metro ·
Navi Mumbai Metro ·
Rapid Metro Rail Gurgaon
kolkatta metro
namma metro

Approved in tier 2 cities or soon to start cons:
Bhopal Metro ·
Chandigarh Metro ·
Indore Metro ·
Kanpur Metro ·
Lucknow Metro ·
Ludhiana Metro ·
Nagpur Metro ·
Patna Metro ·
Pune Metro ·
Surat Metro

Incredibly stupid to say the least.

There are many more cities which need metro more urgently than Sri Nagar.

This is an initiative of the state govt. They would only be interested in the affairs of their state, obviously. If other cities need metros urgently, their state govts will have to get working.

This is an initiative of the state govt. They would only be interested in the affairs of their state, obviously. If other cities need metros urgently, their state govts will have to get working.

And who pays for it ? Obviously a major part would be from the Central Govt. Kashmir does not have the funding resources to build on its own or even contribute a significant part to it.

Anyway I see that its just a reply from the minister to a MLA on some future course of action. Sorry the title misled me to think that this has been sanctioned.

Kashmir needs a serious re think. First of all, any cities near the border should be desrtoyed and moved further inland ASAP. being close to the border has been troublesome for the Indian army. This should have been done decades ago. Laws should be refined, ppl outside of Kashmir should be able to invest and buy property not an one way street, And anyone who supports pakistan or waves pakistani flags should face severe prison terms.

And who pays for it ? Obviously a major part would be from the Central Govt. Kashmir does not have the funding resources to build on its own or even contribute a significant part to it.

Anyway I see that its just a reply from the minister to a MLA on some future course of action. Sorry the title misled me to think that this has been sanctioned.

PPP project.

Don't be so critical man. They have only started the consultancy process. If it is not feasable it won't be built. There are many private players who should be ready to invest though.

Then you need to update ur info:Kochi Metro ·
Under cons and expanding:
Chennai Metro ·
Hyderabad Metro ·
Jaipur Metro ·
MetroLink Express Gandhinagar and Ahmedabad ·
Mumbai Metro ·
Navi Mumbai Metro ·
Rapid Metro Rail Gurgaon
kolkatta metro
namma metro

Approved in tier 2 cities or soon to start cons:
Bhopal Metro ·
Chandigarh Metro ·
Indore Metro ·
Kanpur Metro ·
Lucknow Metro ·
Ludhiana Metro ·
Nagpur Metro ·
Patna Metro ·
Pune Metro ·
Surat Metro

Can you please provide the source for this info ? Anyway still doesnt change the fact that no city in Kashmir is congested enough to warrant a metro system. First roads need to be expanded from two lane to four lane, railway tracks need to be laid for better conectivity to the rest of the country, the tunnels upgraded to be all-weather and then if maybe start thinking about metros.

Can you please provide the source for this info ? Anyway still doesnt change the fact that no city in Kashmir is congested enough to warrant a metro system. First roads need to be expanded from two lane to four lane, railway tracks need to be laid for better conectivity to the rest of the country, the tunnels upgraded to be all-weather and then if maybe start thinking about metros.

Metro rail and monorail are going to be very common thing in India in coming decade.

Good if thats really happening..but I am sure there is no real need of that in that region...atleast now.

then u have some bad analytical brain my frnd. :P

J&K can be capital for tourism but for that we need to attract tourists with some state of art infra. agree? :)

Don't be so critical man. They have only started the consultancy process. If it is not feasable it won't be built. There are many private players who should be ready to invest though.

I'm not critical. I just want people to be realistic and prioritize the immediate goals. Not splurge money on un-necessary things or on slightly necessary things when much more critical things remain untouched. Infra and capactiy building in North East being the chief among them.

And it is for this reason I oppose the HSR too. When there are still many meter gauges and broadgauges that have not been electrified, traffic and signalling system still not upgraded to cope with the accidents, rolling stocks not properly maintained, new km additions not happening there is absolutely no need for white elephants like HSR to be implemented.

J&K can be capital for tourism but for that we need to attract tourists with some state of art infra. agree? :)

Not agree. Having a metro wont attract tourists. Weed out the lakes and introduce more house boats to attract the tourists. :)

then u have some bad analytical brain my frnd. :P

I won't go to Kashmir to travel in metro rail. Do you know why Goa is famous among foreigners.

Kashmir needs a serious re think. First of all, any cities near the border should be desrtoyed and moved further inland ASAP. being close to the border has been troublesome for the Indian army. This should have been done decades ago. Laws should be refined, ppl outside of Kashmir should be able to invest and buy property not an one way street, And anyone who supports pakistan or waves pakistani flags should face severe prison terms.

For this u seriously need to educate urself with TRUE history of kashmir and what all was promised to them and why. What do you want us to be? Hypocrits?

For this u seriously need to educate urself with TRUE history of kashmir and what all was promised to them and why. What do you want us to be? Hypocrits?

What is the true history of Kashmir ? Can you please educate us..the true history of Kashmir does not start with Article 370.

I won't go to Kashmir to travel in metro rail. Do you know why Goa is famous among foreigners.

Dude. support structure is something rite? No tourist wud come to enjoy waadiyan of kashmir with having to struggle thru unwanted snow and other infrastructure problems. :)

why do u think swiss has so awesome infrastructure?

Back
Top Bottom