What's new

Kashmir to have metro rail

I'm not critical. I just want people to be realistic and prioritize the immediate goals. Not splurge money on un-necessary things or on slightly necessary things when much more critical things remain untouched. Infra and capactiy building in North East being the chief among them.

And it is for this reason I oppose the HSR too. When there are still many meter gauges and broadgauges that have not been electrified, traffic and signalling system still not upgraded to cope with the accidents, rolling stocks not properly maintained, new km additions not happening there is absolutely no need for white elephants like HSR to be implemented.

Not agree. Having a metro wont attract tourists. Weed out the lakes and introduce more house boats to attract the tourists. :)

Don't know about small cities but metro rail are extreme neccessity in big cities.

Can you please provide the source for this info ? Anyway still doesnt change the fact that no city in Kashmir is congested enough to warrant a metro system. First roads need to be expanded from two lane to four lane, railway tracks need to be laid for better conectivity to the rest of the country, the tunnels upgraded to be all-weather and then if maybe start thinking about metros.

Rapid transit in India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What is the true history of Kashmir ? Can you please educate us..the true history of Kashmir does not start with Article 370.

yaar, itni mehnat mat karwa. i wud only tell that if we allow outsiders to get into kashmir, u wud inherit fear in kashmiris that indians have actually acted on the last stage of step by step accession of kashmir. do follow history of india and kashmir after 1940.

Not agree. Having a metro wont attract tourists. Weed out the lakes and introduce more house boats to attract the tourists. :)

I say lets tourists decide that and we give them everything that they wud enjoy. how bout i getting to go to Dal lake within an hour rather than having to travel for 2-3 hrs ? :)

For this u seriously need to educate urself with TRUE history of kashmir and what all was promised to them and why. What do you want us to be? Hypocrits?

True history? Promises? Listen to yourself. Stop living in the past and move forward now. I have been promised a lot of things in life but it never worked out. Tough but I moved on and survived. Im not really sure about what you are referring to but we can go back in history to various points to support various claims. Im only interested in the present and future. Sry but folks like yourself need to catch up. There is a security situation in Kashmir that is actively aided by foreign elements. Kashmir has been divided into three parts. If the ppl living in Indian Kashmir that like it, they are more than welcome to leave to the other 2 areas. I will gladly assist in getting them visa's.

Sry but Kashmit having a metro is bloody dream. With terrorists, bombings, and shootings evident, its a no brainer that its a security nightmare. Im not stalling progress but being quite realistic. It will allow terrorirts to move throughtout India more freely.

Kashmir is never getting Independence, sry warrior that is the reality. And if Kashmiri;s can live anywhere and invest anywhere in India, then we Indians from other parts of India have every damn right to do the same. So get off your high horse and talk some sense. Get over the past, the rest of India has....time to move on.

First the government should concentrate on extending the over-ground railway and take it to every part of Kashmir, next can be a local train service in an around Srinagar, the logical step of metro rail comes after that

True history? Promises? Listen to yourself. Stop living in the past and move forward now. I have been promised a lot of things in life but it never worked out. Tough but I moved on and survived. Im not really sure about what you are referring to but we can go back in history to various points to support various claims. Im only interested in the present and future. Sry but folks like yourself need to catch up. There is a security situation in Kashmir that is actively aided by foreign elements. Kashmir has been divided into three parts. If the ppl living in Indian Kashmir that like it, they are more than welcome to leave to the other 2 areas. I will gladly assist in getting them visa's.

Chill bro. Do know what u r talking before speaking up. How wud outsiders buying property in kashmir anyway on earth do any good to anyone on earth ?

For development to happen you can always collaborate with locals. Thats the way forward everywhere in this world. It wasnt in India and thats why we faced east india company.

There are businessmen in Kashmir too. Kashmiri pandits and kashmiri muslims in as well as out of kashmir are well establised businessmen who can anyday bring development in kashmir than any other outsider. You have to change ur notion of considering kashmiris backward and antidevelopment by deafault. know the demographics and history, u wud know everyother thing. :)

First the government should concentrate on extending the over-ground railway and take it to every part of Kashmir, next can be a local train service in an around Srinagar, the logical step of metro rail comes after that

The railways is central based - the metro is the states initiative and the project if feasible is based on PPP, going by the increase in tourism and the lack of infra in the state - this is a fairly good initiative by the state.

Sry but Kashmit having a metro is bloody dream. With terrorists, bombings, and shootings evident, its a no brainer that its a security nightmare. Im not stalling progress but being quite realistic. It will allow terrorirts to move throughtout India more freely.

Kashmir is never getting Independence, sry warrior that is the reality. And if Kashmiri;s can live anywhere and invest anywhere in India, then we Indians from other parts of India have every damn right to do the same. So get off your high horse and talk some sense. Get over the past, the rest of India has....time to move on.

Kashmir's security situation is improving and it is much better than many Maoist area in India.It is time for us to invest in its infrastructure and improve economic condition of state.J&K has a very high unemployment rate.Creating jobs for the youth will prevent terrorism.I think this is a very good initiative.

This is not a good decision...and it will become an easy target moreover i am doubtful if it will be successful!

how many times have u seen new rail tracks of the latest tech kashmir rails been uprooted ?

The insurgents dwell on the sentiments of local population. they wud never do anything that wud create problem for kashmiris. If they do thats wud be da 1st nail in the coffin for their agenda. Give kashmiris a great standard of living and u will see end of insurgency. Mark my word.

yaar, itni mehnat mat karwa. i wud only tell that if we allow outsiders to get into kashmir, u wud inherit fear in kashmiris that indians have actually acted on the last stage of step by step accession of kashmir. do follow history of india and kashmir after 1940.

What's wrong in that ? Or you dont believe in the line Kashmir is an integral part of India. Haters will continue to hate. If we starting fucks to them, then sorry we wont be getting anywhere. The demography of Kashmir must be changed, preferably with people from Bihar and UP ):D) so that no demand for azaadi or secession every rises again.

I say lets tourists decide that and we give them everything that they wud enjoy. how bout i getting to go to Dal lake within an hour rather than having to travel for 2-3 hrs ? :)

Tourists can decide on small parks or theme parks ~ not on multi million dollar, infra projects like metros. One small disturbance, the tourists will vanish and what you will be left with is a white elephant running on losses and a juicy target for the stone pelters.

The insurgents dwell on the sentiments of local population. they wud never do anything that wud create problem for kashmiris. If they do thats wud be da 1st nail in the coffin for their agenda. Give kashmiris a great standard of living and u will see end of insurgency. Mark my word.

Money can never buy loyalty or patriotism. Rest assured on that. You given them ferraris, they would put stickers on its bumper ~ hum kya chate hain..azaadi. Make no mistake.

Chill bro. Do know what u r talking before speaking up. How wud outsiders buying property in kashmir anyway on earth do any good to anyone on earth ?

For development to happen you can always collaborate with locals. Thats the way forward everywhere in this world. It wasnt in India and thats why we faced east india company.

There are businessmen in Kashmir too. Kashmiri pandits and kashmiri muslims in as well as out of kashmir are well establised businessmen who can anyday bring development in kashmir than any other outsider. You have to change ur notion of considering kashmiris backward and antidevelopment by deafault. know the demographics and history, u wud know everyother thing. :)

Hey Im all for development, believe me. I have no notions of the ppl of Kashmir. There have been wrongs committed by all sides. Time to move forward. Im merely looking at it from a security issue that;s all. That;s why I pointed out the cities near the borders. If it was CHina, this problem would have been solved long ago. My issue with ppl buying business and properties in Kashmir while Kashmiri's can buy in other states has to do with equality. And you said it yourself, Pandits and Muslim businessmen leaves out Hindus, Christians, etc. That;s not fair in my book. And I don;t think anything is stopping them but the scurity situation and I believe certain laws in place to prevent such opportunities. Time for Kashmir to do some serious introspection.

how many times have u seen new rail tracks of the latest tech kashmir rails been uprooted ?

Ok fair enough..now prove that its worth every penny invested in terms of business.

There is some element of truth in the adage ~ the crying child gets the milk. :hitwall:

Back
Top Bottom