What's new

Kashmir to have metro rail

Dude as far as I know only Delhi, Mumbai, B'lore and Chennai have metros or are in the process of building one.

There was a 2011 news which says the population cut-off for a city having metro would be 20 lakhs (2 million).

Not sure which city in J&K has more than 20 lakh population or what criteria is used to sanction metro there.

As far as I can see it is just another of those appeasement packages pumped into J&K at the cost of more deserving cities. If only we would spend a fraction of what we uselessly pump into Kashmir on the North Eastern states, there would not be so much alienation among them from the mainland. They are the people who feel alienated solely due to economy, lack of infra and jobs. The alienation in Kashmir has many more angles that is not possible to bridge. That is my frank view.

Jaipur, Cochin and Hyderabad are also under construction. I think one is close to being executed in Ahmedabad.

The insurgents dwell on the sentiments of local population. they wud never do anything that wud create problem for kashmiris.

No...the sympathy factor is long gone. The operate through fear. If not why would they be killing senior Hurriyat leaders, village sarpanchs etc ? Moreover recently a LET module was arrested for the recent fire at Dastgeer sahib.

What's wrong in that ? Or you dont believe in the line Kashmir is an integral part of India. Haters will continue to hate. If we starting fucks to them, then sorry we wont be getting anywhere. The demography of Kashmir must be changed, preferably with people from Bihar and UP ):D) so that no demand for azaadi or secession every rises again.

Tourists can decide on small parks or theme parks ~ not on multi million dollar, infra projects like metros. One small disturbance, the tourists will vanish and what you will be left with is a white elephant running on losses and a juicy target for the stone pelters.

Money can never buy loyalty or patriotism. Rest assured on that. You given them ferraris, they would put stickers on its bumper ~ hum kya chate hain..azaadi. Make no mistake.

All ur points ar agreeable but again very conservation and precatious in nature. Kashmir is for kashmiris, no matter muslim or hindu or buddhist.

Dont compare J&K with other states of india coz their existence and history is very different. Ur idea of changing da demography is understood and is on lines of Han chinese in Tibet. But again, I am a person who believes in justice and changing the demography will be big injustice to historically peace loving and sacrificing kashmiris. And when i say historically, their glorious history go back to 200 AD and before. 'Kashmiriat' is a concept. Do try to understand bout it.

No...the sympathy factor is long gone. The operate through fear. If not why would they be killing senior Hurriyat leaders, village sarpanchs etc ? Moreover recently a LET module was arrested for the recent fire at Dastgeer sahib.

U r saying a comman locatile killed them ? Do define who ur THEY is ? LeT =/= Kashmiris ......... :)

Hey Im all for development, believe me. I have no notions of the ppl of Kashmir. There have been wrongs committed by all sides. Time to move forward. Im merely looking at it from a security issue that;s all. That;s why I pointed out the cities near the borders. If it was CHina, this problem would have been solved long ago. My issue with ppl buying business and properties in Kashmir while Kashmiri's can buy in other states has to do with equality. And you said it yourself, Pandits and Muslim businessmen leaves out Hindus, Christians, etc. That;s not fair in my book. And I don;t think anything is stopping them but the scurity situation and I believe certain laws in place to prevent such opportunities. Time for Kashmir to do some serious introspection.

Its better if we ask kashmiris what they want out of their land ? No kahmiri is fool enough to refuse development. Yes, pakistani insurgents might but never a local kashmiri who faces day to day routine struggle of life.

Do u remember last tym when 60% election took place in kashmir, they people said on media, they are voting for indian establishment not coz they have given up azadi. Its coz they want better standard of living and roti, kapda, makaa, bijli, sadak, paani rather than jihad.

Stupid idea, they dont have that big population, nor big in size, a bus rapid transit system will work much better.

Stupid idea, they dont have that big population, a bus rapid transit system will work much better.

What wud u do when it snows ? Infact, BRTS is good for big population. U r saying exactly da opposite.

I dont understand, all metros are making good revenue in India.

It doesnt matter what comes first or last, as long as each district will get its own metro within the next 20 years maximum

I dont understand, all metros are making good revenue in India.

It doesnt matter what comes first or last, as long as each district will get its own metro within the next 20 years maximum

What wud u do when it snows ? Infact, BRTS is good for big population. U r saying exactly da opposite.
No, BRTS is scalable without making huge investment. Also, building railroad tracks there is not going to be cheap, apart from requiring more security.
Metro works only if it has high frequency, and do they have enough people for that?

No, BRTS is scalable without making huge investment. Also, building railroad tracks there is not going to be cheap, apart from requiring more security.
Metro works only if it has high frequency, and do they have enough people for that?

Since tracks will be elevated, so security only needed at station.

Yes. people doesnt only mean localites. tourists they are. :)

kashmir is the most beautiful in winters with snowfall. think bout tackling sideeffects of snowing. :)

Let it snow. Buses can operate in winter.

yes they can operate. they cannot operate swiftly. theres a difference.

appeasement of a delinquent child by giving him easy money spoils him further and he can become hardened criminal or drug addict. tell the state government to raise the money as other states do. if they cry no money, tell them to scrap article 370, invite industry and collect some taxes.

I'm sorry but I don't buy all this talk of blocking development like this because it will be a security risk, is this not admittinf defeat? Is this not exactly what the terrorists want? Are you telling me nothing can ever be built in Kashmir because of the potential for it to be targeted by terrorists? With the situation improving all the time and proper risk assesments being carried out I'm sure it will be fine. I'm sure correct security measures will be implemented-Delhi metro is already the most secure metro on earth and I'm sure many of these lessons will be applied. This is the exact kind of project that is needed in kashmir, it will employ thousands and will be a real boost to the entire region's economy.

Great news!

Back
Top Bottom