What's new

KASHMIR | The Great Game | Challenges for Pak-China-Russia

It's not picking a fight, it's exercising sovereign rights. Satellite states do not have sovereignty so there's no question of resisting hegemony or exercising sovereign rights.

sovereign right has its limitation when you border a very large country

sovereign right has its limitation when you border a very large country

Yes that's what Hitler and Stalin preached.

What the hell!!! Are you talking about a war more than 200 years ago between two countries or one country and it's colonies As you interpret. I cannot have any more nonsense. I might have European roots myself. Most likely, then I am a terrorist??F-off mate

There are thousand year old quarrels still going on in this world so what happened only 200 hundred years ago is not that old an event that people cannot remember or use as reference but of course to charlatans it is quite inappropriate or should I say inconvenient?

@Mysticbuddy

Thank you for your response....Please find further details below:-

1. Chatham House did a Survey in both Kashmirs. This is the Result:-

For the whole of Kashmir to be independent:
More than four in ten, 43%, of the total adult population said they would vote for independence for the whole of Kashmir, 44% in AJK and 43% in J&K.

For the whole of Kashmir to join India:
21% said they would vote to join India, but the voting intention was predictably split, both between AJK and J&K and within J&K. AJK: 1% said they would vote to join India. J&K: 28% said they would vote to join India.

For the whole of Kashmir to join Pakistan:
AJK: 50% said they would vote for the whole of J&K to join Pakistan. J&K: 2% said they would vote to join Pakistan.

https://www.chathamhouse.org/sites/files/chathamhouse/public/Research/Asia/0510pp_kashmir.pdf
Pages 15 and 17.

Before you remind me that there are 43% people who want independence from Pakistan please bear in mind that there have been no killings, protests, crimes as bad as in Indian Kashmir...

2. Current protests are occurring in Kashmir Valley. This area may have around 15% of all area of Indian Kashmir but controls the majority of the population of Indian Kashmir. (Almost 7 million out of 12.5 million)

3. I will need further evidence from you on this...

4. Please see the following:-

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2010/dec/16/wikileaks-cables-indian-torture-kashmir
http://www.newindianexpress.com/nat...oll-rises-to-76/2016/09/06/article3614468.ece (Current Conflict more than 10,000 injured)

Since the government crackdown against militants in Kashmir began in earnest in January 1990, reports of rape by security personnel have become more frequent. Rape most often occurs during crackdowns, cordon-and-search operations during which men are held for identification in parks or schoolyards while security forces search their homes. In these situations, the security forces frequently engage in collective punishment against the civilian population, most frequently by beating or otherwise assaulting residents, and burning their homes. Rape is used as a means of targeting women whom the security forces accuse of being militant sympathizers; in raping them, the security forces are attempting to punish and humiliate the entire community.

During the week PHR and Asia Watch conducted investigations in Kashmir, we documented 15 cases of rape, 44 extrajudicial executions, 8 cases of torture, and 20 injuries resulting from indiscriminate shootings of non-combatants by Indian army and security force personnel. Eighty percent of these violations occurred during the visit or in the ten days preceding it.

Rape by Indian police is common throughout India; the victims are generally poor women and those from vulnerable low-caste and tribal minority groups. In some cases, women are taken into custody as suspects in petty crime or on more serious charges; in others, women are detained as hostages for relatives wanted in criminal or political cases; in still others, women are detained simply so that the police can extort a bribe to secure their release. In all of these cases, women in the custody of security forces are at risk of rape. Rape has also been widely reported during counter-insurgency operations elsewhere in India, particularly in Assam and other areas of conflict in northeastern India. In both conflict and non-conflict situations, the central element of rape by the security forces is power. Soldiers and police use rape as a weapon: to punish, intimidate, coerce, humiliate and degrade.

Indian government authorities have rarely investigated charges of rape by security forces in Kashmir. To our knowledge, the prosecution of two soldiers for the rape of a Canadian tourist in October 1990 is the only case of criminal prosecution which the Indian government has made public. The soldiers were sentenced to prison terms, but as of April 1993, the soldiers remained in barracks and the case was on appeal.

https://www.hrw.org/sites/default/files/reports/INDIA935.PDF

Mass Graves: Yes there have been cases...No evidence found whether Pakistani Government was involved or not.

Baluchistan Parties: http://www.pabalochistan.gov.pk/index.php/members/party_pos/en/27

"I believe that both India and Pakistan have issues but accepting them is the first step to resolution both the countries are in denial." I completely agree and like this Statement....

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom